Program-Specific Info / Q's TJU vs Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ljs1123ot

Reaction score
Hi! So I've narrowed my decision down to these two programs, but I am struggling to decide which one. I didn't get the chance to visit either school, so if anyone has any insight from visiting/interviewing at either program, I would love to hear it! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I visited both schools! I was accepted to Boston University too and I'm leaning towards choosing that. Both are great programs in the center of a city. TJU has simulation labs and things and BU doesn't, but BU has a lot of opportunities to work in labs and with centers. TJU seems to focus a lot on interdisciplinary learning, you work with a team of other health professions students to work with a patient throughout the semester. BU has a lot of opportunities to work on cool projects since they're in Sargent College and they have a lot of health professions there. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have other questions about the campuses.

Reactions: 1 user
I visited both schools! I was accepted to Boston University too and I'm leaning towards choosing that. Both are great programs in the center of a city. TJU has simulation labs and things and BU doesn't, but BU has a lot of opportunities to work in labs and with centers. TJU seems to focus a lot on interdisciplinary learning, you work with a team of other health professions students to work with a patient throughout the semester. BU has a lot of opportunities to work on cool projects since they're in Sargent College and they have a lot of health professions there. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have other questions about the campuses.

Thank you for all the helpful info! So what about BU specifically is making you want to choose their program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for all the helpful info! So what about BU specifically is making you want to choose their program?
I love Boston and I really want to move there, and there are so many opportunities at BU! They have so much research and projects going on and a lot of organizations that students are involved in. I also think they prepare their students really well and help them to produce great work.

Did you hear anything about a scholarship from BU? I can't remember what they said at the interview day but I think it was supposed to come in the acceptance letter.

Hey! Current Jefferson student, PM me if you have any specific questions regarding the program! These were the two schools I was going between and ultimately chose Jefferson.

Did you hear anything about a scholarship from BU? I can't remember what they said at the interview day but I think it was supposed to come in the acceptance letter.

So I didn’t hear anything about a scholarship with the acceptance letter, but today I did receive one via email! Also I decided on BU, so see ya there!

So I didn’t hear anything about a scholarship with the acceptance letter, but today I did receive one via email! Also I decided on BU, so see ya there!
Good to know. That's awesome see you there!!

I also may be attending. Do you think that you’re able to negotiate the scholarship a bit??