General Admissions & OTCAS OT school Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureOT2699

Reaction score
I have a couple of interviews coming up for OT schools and am seeing online that a lot of times, during the interview the student is asked "tell me about yourself." How do you answer this question? Also, is there any broad questions that you have asked when they ask if you have any questions? Any advice would help, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I explained what led me to discover occupational therapy and how I knew it was right for me. I also explained my internship at a pediatric occupational therapy clinic and my current job as RBT for kids with autism. They also asked me about my undergraduate studies in conjunction with the "tell me about yourself question," so I told them I changed majors because I knew my original major wasn't a right fit for me and then I told them my major and minor. Hope this helps!

I asked:
1. What distinguishes your program from other occupational therapy programs?
2. Do OT Students and other healthcare professional students collaborate with one another?
3. Is there a certain setting/area of occupational therapy that this program focuses on more than others?