The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm doing some networking tonight. And by networking I mean a pub crawl

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
tell it to go away, I have enough problems as it is.

But c’mon the histo for the urinary & digestive systems are ridiculous. hate hate hate

You're gonna miss it by it's hair you're gonna miss it everywhere. You're gonna miss your epithelium when it's gone.

Because like, what is going to line your blood vessels and such?

Reactions: 2 users
I was going to offer the same thing when I get there in about 30 minutes.

I <3 you and Finn but sadly I do legit need to continue studying because I did gawd awful on our first Histo lab exam. If only you could be our TA!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I like the histo bits of my first couple blocks because I get to take a break from biochem pathways to look at pretty pictures instead. Yay pretty pictures.

Second exam of med school today. Med school exam in the morning + required orientation thingy in the afternoon = everybody sneaking hydration in and pre-gaming the presentation. And now I know which local bar opens at 10! Med school is so educational.

Reactions: 1 users
I like the histo bits of my first couple blocks because I get to take a break from biochem pathways to look at pretty pictures instead. Yay pretty pictures.

Second exam of med school today. Med school exam in the morning + required orientation thingy in the afternoon = everybody sneaking hydration in and pre-gaming the presentation. And now I know which local bar opens at 10! Med school is so educational.
One time last semester we had an anatomy exam and then a bunch of us had to come back later in the day for some event setup stuff. So we spent the interim at a bar. And that was the first time I had a chocolate martini, and the day that I ended up being drunk inside the vet school building :laugh:

I won a free cheesecake at NAVLE trivia tonight. A CHEESECAKE.!

(My team of first years got a 34 out of 110 percent, but still. I was dang impressed. We got 100% of the respiratory questions right. :laugh:)

Reactions: 6 users
I won a free cheesecake at NAVLE trivia tonight. A CHEESECAKE.!

(My team of first years got a 34 out of 110 percent, but still. I was dang impressed. We got 100% of the respiratory questions right. :laugh:)
Hey you only need like 60-70% iirc... no complaints there for only having a few weeks under your belt!

Hey you only need like 60-70% iirc... no complaints there for only having a few weeks under your belt!
Oh heck I wasn’t complaining hahaha. There was a respiratory section, we got 100% of those since we’ve actually talked about respiratory! There was a bird section, we got 0% of those because what even are birds? I correctly diagnosed a pyometra. We had a good time. We were the only team from our class, and since we weren’t originally supposed to be playing, they were like “well we have this cheesecake coupon, will this work?” heck yes it will.

It’s 53 degrees outside and
  1. I’m freezing (it randomly dropped from mid 80’s to low 50’s)
  2. It’s finally cold enough to justify using my heated mattress pad. I’m in toasted marshmallow heaven. I know I will have 0% motivation to get out of said marshmallow toaster and go take a Histology “exam” in a couple hours.

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck on your exam!

Reactions: 2 users
Considering I suggested that 2 minutes ago, you are failing at your counting. Sing again.
I was still singing and figured you wouldn't read my post until I was done. I perceive in four dimensions but only post in three to make things simpler for the rest of the forum.

Reactions: 5 users
I was still singing and figured you wouldn't read my post until I was done. I perceive in four dimensions but only post in three to make things simpler for the rest of the forum.
Audio recordings or it didn't happen. Serenade me Mad Jack.

Reactions: 3 users
While I'm willing to take pics for things despite hating the way I look in pictures, I'm not subjecting anyone to my singing voice. I sound like a pack of beached eels being stomped on by an angry pony, roughly.

CheezIt, we do also have this lovely website called Rabbit where there's voice chatting. Perfect place for MJ to serenade.

While I'm willing to take pics for things despite hating the way I look in pictures, I'm not subjecting anyone to my singing voice. I sound like a pack of beached eels being stomped on by an angry pony, roughly.

Okay but like... everyone has a price. How many likes do you want?

Reactions: 1 users
CheezIt, we do also have this lovely website called Rabbit where there's voice chatting. Perfect place for MJ to serenade.
lol yeah I popped in there once when Egg and a few others were watching Moana I think. Its funny the parallels between The Watering Hole and The Lounge, they chat on mibbit

While basically everything else can be bought, it's illegal for me to deal in weapons of mass destruction.
This sounds nothing like the crazy fan of wonton destruction that people revere around here *shrug*

I like destruction I'm in somewhat in control of :yeahright:
I'm just sayin' I was regaled with tales of this bold, brave, IDGAF Mad Jack character, and here he is, backing down from a simple singing challenge....I guess its true what they say about meeting your heroes :(