The Support Group - A place for admissions-related rants and worries.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was asked the difference between a heifer and a Hereford.
Also a random political question about who the 4 republican presidential candidates were.

oh my..i dont know how to answer those questions...scaring me already

I am so burnt out on applications. I'm trying to edit my three essays for my last application, which I will turn in tomorrow if my last LOR writer submits by then, and I just can't do it. I'm just reading the essays over without actually reading them. The only real emotion I can muster up about my app at this point is vague worry that it's not good enough. No motivation, no enthusiasm, no pride, nada.

Blargh.

Members don't see this ad :)
The fiancé and I have talked about vet school loans several times in the past.. But for some reason, today he is acting stunned by the figures of possible debt... Me having a crazy finance brain due to Dave Ramsey combined with him acting dumbfounded is make me really freak out about the cost of vet school.. I dont wanna be in debt forever, but I want to be a vet soooo bad! Bleh

The fiancé and I have talked about vet school loans several times in the past.. But for some reason, today he is acting stunned by the figures of possible debt... Me having a crazy finance brain due to Dave Ramsey combined with him acting dumbfounded is make me really freak out about the cost of vet school.. I dont wanna be in debt forever, but I want to be a vet soooo bad! Bleh

that bring said, you're also applying really intelligently. Only applying to your instate and then Mizzou is about as smart as you cab be!

Now I need to get out of bed and dressed for the interview. Much less anxious than last night. Just really hoping my hair is going to cooperate...

Good luck! You can do it! You're gonna be great and fabulous!

tumblr_m2yart7nNd1qihztbo1_500.gif

tumblr_m2c2y28qu51r49gnm.gif

tumblr_lpxufez9Mj1qf2b58.gif

tumblr_m20s4iJXoI1qjlaob.gif

Cheer.gif

:eek: Lord Voldemort :roflcopter: :wow:

ETA: your gonna do GREAT wildcat!! :luck: :xf:

Last edited:
Sending all my thoughts your way!!! They aren't doing me any good right now so you might as well have them :rolleyes:
You're gonna rock it!

Good luck to everyone who has and had an interview this weekend!

Sending all my thoughts your way!!! They aren't doing me any good right now so you might as well have them :rolleyes:
You're gonna rock it!

Thanks everyone!! Interview went really well. My hair cooperated, I didn't look like a mess and didn't fall in my heels. I didn't think I would like isu as much as I do!

Thanks everyone!! Interview went really well. My hair cooperated, I didn't look like a mess and didn't fall in my heels. I didn't think I would like isu as much as I do!

Yaaaay wildcat!!!! :claps: way to go! I feel an acceptance coming you way !! ;)

My last LOR writer for my last application hasn't submitted his letter. I emailed him earlier this week and told him I needed the letter "by the end of the week." He emailed me back saying he would have the letter in on time. I also confirmed when I needed the letter when I first asked him to write me one, and again when I put his info into the online application.

He has never missed a deadline for me that he specifically said he would meet. He's pretty forgetful if you don't pin him down to a specific deadline, but in all the time I've known him, from when he was my professor freshman year to when he was one of my advisors in senior research to earlier this year when we were co-authors on a paper, he has NEVER missed a deadline he said he would meet.

I'm not sure if this is just him being forgetful, or if something is wrong. I'm freaking out either way, because I can't submit this application and have him send in the letter later, it doesn't work like that on this application. There isn't anyone else I can ask for a letter for this program - the other two professors I could ask already wrote me letters. I'm worried about my application, and I'm worried about him - two years ago a professor at my school was in a serious car accident because the roads around the college aren't all that safe, and she nearly died. It was about this time of year, too. Then again, I feel stupid worrying about that if it's just that he forgot.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnxiety.

i absolutely cannot handle this waiting. i am on the verge of a complete breakdown. HOW IS EVERYONE DEALING WITH THIS?!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cant. Wait. Anymore. I just want to know!!! argh. So much stress involved in wondering if I get an interview or not. It's always in the back of my mind. Although, if I get rejected it might be better to wait till after I take my finals so I don't get depressed and bomb them all... Deep breath...

I'm figuring on not hearing anything for another month...too much finals stress to deal with this too. Once January comes, then I'll be freaking out. Especially since I also have my first interview then! :scared:

Cant. Wait. Anymore. I just want to know!!! argh. So much stress involved in wondering if I get an interview or not. It's always in the back of my mind. Although, if I get rejected it might be better to wait till after I take my finals so I don't get depressed and bomb them all... Deep breath...

I'm right there with ya! I wish we at least knew WHEN to expect any sort of response... :(

I've had two schools email me and tell me that they'll decide whether I get an interview once they receive my fall grades. That definitely helps me focus on my finals instead of fretting about responses!

I've had two schools email me and tell me that they'll decide whether I get an interview once they receive my fall grades. That definitely helps me focus on my finals instead of fretting about responses!

Talk about motivation! If you don't mind me asking, which schools emailed you about that?

SGU and AVC. I'm also graduating at the end of this semester, so I think that may have had something to do with it.

No, no you don't..... RVC sent everyone an email saying we would hear by mid-November. And still, now December, NOTHING. I have been waking up every morning from Nov 10th and on thinking "today might be the day!", only to be let down. :mad:

me too! exactly that! soon we will have an answer...

No, no you don't..... RVC sent everyone an email saying we would hear by mid-November. And still, now December, NOTHING. I have been waking up every morning from Nov 10th and on thinking "today might be the day!", only to be let down. :mad:

If you're saying I don't understand, I most certainly do. This waiting is so so awful, but we're all in this together

My professor submitted my last LOR, I finished editing my essays, and I submitted my last application! Huzzah!

Nope, not what I was saying. I was saying that it sucks being told WHEN to expect something.

Gotcha. Yeah I think the whole process just pretty much sucks no matter what! :thumbdown:

Hope you hear something soon... :xf::luck:

I know that Penn is sending out rejection emails today. I also know that I have a final presentation for my public speaking class due in 3 hours.

Why am I glued to my inbox? Surely I don't want an email from Penn because that would be bad news. I should be focusing on my presentation which still needs heavy editing, not to mention practicing!

Yet, here I am, freaking out every time I see a notification of new mail. Ready for rejection. Not ready for my 25%-of-my-final-grade assignment.

And I swear, if Tufts sends me one more email that doesn't have anything to do with interview invites/acceptance/rejection, I will throw my macbook across the room.

I know that Penn is sending out rejection emails today. I also know that I have a final presentation for my public speaking class due in 3 hours.

Why am I glued to my inbox? Surely I don't want an email from Penn because that would be bad news. I should be focusing on my presentation which still needs heavy editing, not to mention practicing!

Yet, here I am, freaking out every time I see a notification of new mail. Ready for rejection. Not ready for my 25%-of-my-final-grade assignment.

And I swear, if Tufts sends me one more email that doesn't have anything to do with interview invites/acceptance/rejection, I will throw my macbook across the room.

:thumbup:

That's awful!

I feel like I've been going through phases with the waiting. There are days when I'm more patient with it and just focus on the interview that I already have and just check my email and sdn when I can. Then, there are other times where I am obsessed with it, and literally sit in front of my computer and refresh the email screen every minute or so.

Apparently, I dream about admissions though. The other morning I was still asleep and my mom came in my room asking where the dog was because he usually sleeps in my bed. Apparently, I answered that he's in my application.:laugh:

So...

I'm gonna join this party if people are okay with it. :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm not pre-vet, but I lurk here and know people and am applying to grad school all the same. By myself. Well, with my professors as support, but, yanno.

It's been a rocky road already and I haven't even submitted the last one. :rolleyes: Oh wait...I found out yesterday that one of the webpages was wrong and I get to put another app together from scratch! That's due in three weeks! Right before finals!

I love my professors, I love my professors...thank heavens for working in my department.

Anyways. Uh. Hi? :D I'm hoping you guys won't mind another person who will flail around in anxiety-induced panic with you. :D

Did all of the rejection e-mails from this "first wave of rejection" go out on the same day?

Apparently, I dream about admissions though. The other morning I was still asleep and my mom came in my room asking where the dog was because he usually sleeps in my bed. Apparently, I answered that he's in my application.:laugh:

:lol:

Thanks for that :)

Did all of the rejection e-mails from this "first wave of rejection" go out on the same day?

Penn is so sporadic with decisions. I would just assume you won't hear from them until March and make it a little easier on yourself. I was rejected in like February and some people were accepted in December. Or something like that. (Don't take those literal, I can't exactly remember) My point being that you can never predict them. Don't try to and you'll be much less stressed. :thumbup:

Penn is so sporadic with decisions. I would just assume you won't hear from them until March and make it a little easier on yourself. I was rejected in like February and some people were accepted in December. Or something like that. (Don't take those literal, I can't exactly remember) My point being that you can never predict them. Don't try to and you'll be much less stressed. :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup:
They will really used the whole period up through a good bit of March to do their whole application process. Invites interviews go out all the way through February and they can be fairly last minute at times too if spots open up.

They will really used the whole period up through a good bit of March to do their whole application process. Invites interviews go out all the way through February and they can be fairly last minute at times too if spots open up.

Thanks for trying to calm me down! It's nice to have supporters :) You know when you get so anxious that you can feel the nerves down to your feet? It just sucks that this is in the midst of finals. I just didn't foresee the first waves of rejections going out this early. Does anyone know the range GPA of accepted students (like not just the mean)?

Thanks for trying to calm me down! It's nice to have supporters :) You know when you get so anxious that you can feel the nerves down to your feet? It just sucks that this is in the midst of finals. I just didn't foresee the first waves of rejections going out this early. Does anyone know the range GPA of accepted students (like not just the mean)?

They have a pretty wide range I believe, but don't do that to yourself either. People get rejected with 4.0s, people get accepted with 3.0s. Just try to focus on your finals because they are very important! :luck:

Last edited:
It's been a rocky road already and I haven't even submitted the last one. :rolleyes: Oh wait...I found out yesterday that one of the webpages was wrong and I get to put another app together from scratch! That's due in three weeks! Right before finals!

That sucks :(

That sucks :(

It could be worse, thankfully...I have three of the absolutely sweetest most awesome LOR writers who are able to jump in and edit/proofread the stuff I need done and they're willing to do another letter. I'm hoping to have everything finished this coming weekend...hopefully. :rolleyes:

It's almost fun now, though. I'm getting used to it.

That's awful!

:rofl:

And see, I knew this about Penn a while ago (from last year's forum posts, might I add—thanks SDN!). However, I saw a couple people getting rejection emails and my brain ran away with the information. I tried to reason with it, I did! Wouldn't listen. Just kept running. :annoyed:

Now that this semester is over and I've just got a couple finals left - and realizing I'll probably have more B's than A's this semester in classes I expected to be a cakewalk is throwing me into a total crisis of faith. The happiness I'm feeling from graduating is totally overshadowed by a panic attack over my application. I'm begging my GPA to stay steady. Come January when UF sends out the regular interview invites I'm going to have a legit panic attack.

:rofl:

And see, I knew this about Penn a while ago (from last year's forum posts, might I add—thanks SDN!). However, I saw a couple people getting rejection emails and my brain ran away with the information. I tried to reason with it, I did! Wouldn't listen. Just kept running. :annoyed:

Nah, it's definitely hard. I remembered freaking out last year because it was my 2nd time applying, so when I wasn't hearing from certain schools I freaked out. First time around was definitely easier because I didn't really know when I was going to hear because I wasn't a member of this site. I found it when I tried to figure out what "hold status" meant after my Penn interview. Second time was definitely wayyy more stressful, but I'm still glad I'm a member here even if I developed an ulcer or two during that period.

This time last year I had my Kstate invite and I haven't heard for this year yet. :scared:

They are my number 1 :(

Nah, it's definitely hard. I remembered freaking out last year because it was my 2nd time applying, so when I wasn't hearing from certain schools I freaked out. First time around was definitely easier because I didn't really know when I was going to hear because I wasn't a member of this site. I found it when I tried to figure out what "hold status" meant after my Penn interview. Second time was definitely wayyy more stressful, but I'm still glad I'm a member here even if I developed an ulcer or two during that period.

I'm just wondering if I made it through that like first determinant phase of this week (in that I didn't receive an e-mail of rejection from Penn) or they just haven't gotten to my application yet??

i absolutely cannot handle this waiting. i am on the verge of a complete breakdown. HOW IS EVERYONE DEALING WITH THIS?!!

I am with you!!! I try to distract myself..operative try..and I see myself checking email and sdn periodically!!!

I feel like this thread understands me most....with the roller coaster of emotions.

Anyway, when finals are over, I plan to pamper myself, Get a body scrub, massage, the works...then im sure as soon as i walk out of the spa, I will check the phone and the cycle repeats...too bad i dont have money to repeat spa everytime:laugh:

I'm just wondering if I made it through that like first determinant phase of this week (in that I didn't receive an e-mail of rejection from Penn) or they just haven't gotten to my application yet??

I got the email that they had all my stuff and no rejection email...but I'm honestly expecting one, so I just figure I'll be one of the ones they get to in March or something. :rolleyes: Gosh Penn is annoying with their 'you'll find out sometime between December and April.'

Washington sent out interview invites yesterday and I definitely didn't get one :( Feeling pretty discouraged right now as I am instate for the Utah program so I have the best odds there. It's also my number one.

But... I've heard there's a second wave of interview invites and the Utah program thing may do things a bit differently... so I'm still holding out hope that I'm not completely out of the running :xf:

I am with you!!! I try to distract myself..operative try..and I see myself checking email and sdn periodically!!!

I feel like this thread understands me most....with the roller coaster of emotions.

Anyway, when finals are over, I plan to pamper myself, Get a body scrub, massage, the works...then im sure as soon as i walk out of the spa, I will check the phone and the cycle repeats...too bad i dont have money to repeat spa everytime:laugh:

ha we would be such good friends. I have a similar plan in mind :D