This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that would lose kitty bedroom privileges in my world.
Unfortunately my current living situation won't allow for that. My three cats can either sleep locked in my bedroom with me, or outside, and that isn't going to happen, especially now that it's super cold.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately my current living situation won't allow for that. My three cats can either sleep locked in my bedroom with me, or outside, and that isn't going to happen, especially now that it's super cold.
then i might be tempted to look into kitty antipsychotics/antidepressants

Members don't see this ad :)
You gave her permission by allowing her to repeat the behavior and by inviting her to snuggle then wiggling your tasty toes. She has done nothing wrong. If you expected different behavior, stop sending mixed messages.;)
:laugh: luckily she's gotten nicer in her old age. Now she only makes noise to wake me up.

then i might be tempted to look into kitty antipsychotics/antidepressants
He's a super nice calm kitty... he's just terribly clumsy and sometimes misses when he jumps and tries his best to hold on. I think it's happened 2-3 times in 10 years, but they are memorable times for me. He's not the one that occasionally attacks my toes, that one has calmed with age too. I do have a dog that I'm considering antipsychotics for though...

I have one kitty who likes to stomp on faces (and then lay down so you absolutely can't breathe) and another bengal kitty who likes to grab and bunny kick toes. It's fun sleeping at my house. ;)

Well, looks like people have already posted most of the pictures from a Google Image search of "cute spider". Just goes to show how little appreciation there is.

Speaking of spider appreciation, did you know that spiders work together to form communities? It's not just the Hymenoptera that can work together!

Greene_Figs3.png

Who's seen this story?

Reactions: 1 user
He's a super nice calm kitty... he's just terribly clumsy and sometimes misses when he jumps and tries his best to hold on. I think it's happened 2-3 times in 10 years, but they are memorable times for me. He's not the one that occasionally attacks my toes, that one has calmed with age too. I do have a dog that I'm considering antipsychotics for though...
The way you made it sound initially didn't sound like an accident. I had a client who's young cat viciously bit her face unprovoked while she was in bed and she didn't know what to do.

They're not exactly cute, but here are two spiders I've come across in my international travels.
DSCF4202.JPG DSC02078.JPG

The way you made it sound initially didn't sound like an accident. I had a client who's young cat viciously bit her face unprovoked while she was in bed and she didn't know what to do.
Oh no, I didn't mean to make it sound like that. He likes to sleep on my pillow next to my head, and I typically sleep with my head right on the edge of the bed, so sometimes when he jumps up he gets my face instead of the bed. It's no less traumatic for me to be woken up like that, but it's not intentional on his part. He's the one cat I let my little niece carry around because he actually enjoys the attention. He follows her around waiting for her to pick him up again.

Well, looks like people have already posted most of the pictures from a Google Image search of "cute spider". Just goes to show how little appreciation there is.

Speaking of spider appreciation, did you know that spiders work together to form communities? It's not just the Hymenoptera that can work together!

Greene_Figs3.png

Who's seen this story?

Hey there. I also tried "adorable spider"!

Also the spiderbro subreddit.

That's where I found this cute one:
ALuuat2.gif

Reactions: 1 users
This is a weird spider I found at my grandparents' house last year...my sis and I thought it looked like a nut or a ritz cracker, apparently the rest of the internet thinks the same because if you image search "ritz cracker spider" you get these and actual snacks :p

2014-10-29 14.19.28.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
This topic should be expanded to all arthropods. Then you can look at these cool little bastards....

S20160930_0019.jpg S20160909_0025.jpg S20160930_0015.jpg S20160930_0004.jpg S20161223_0003.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pholcidae

I'll let you edit that post to hide your shame
I said later in my post that I thought they actually looked like harvestmen, which are arachnids but not spiders (Order Opiliones if you wanna be that guy).

Also well known for their gregarious behavior, where they congregate in giant balls and then apparently explode when you poke them, which pholcids don't tend to do.

The harvestmen ball freaked me the ef out. Oh my god. I am still wigged out.

Reactions: 4 users
200.gif

200.gif
200.gif

200.gif
200w.gif

Bear, I dislike all your posts in this thread today. They are evil. I wake up to at least one giant spider crawling on me every night I stick a body part out of the covers. I try not to think about what that means for the nights when only my head sticks out.

(By giant, I mean quarter size and larger. There is a reason they wake me up as they move up my arm or leg toward my face.)

Reactions: 2 users
Man, I was expecting something more impressive under the nightmare fuel spoiler

It wasn't for you. See

Bear, I dislike all your posts in this thread today. They are evil. I wake up to at least one giant spider crawling on me every night I stick a body part out of the covers. I try not to think about what that means for the nights when only my head sticks out.

(By giant, I mean quarter size and larger. There is a reason they wake me up as they move up my arm or leg toward my face.)

It wasn't for you. See
I'm ok with really big spiders, pet spiders, cute spiders, playing spiders...

But anything that crawls into my bed and tries to bite me without my permission deserves to die.