The Official UTHSC/Tennessee Acceptance/Interview Thread of 2022 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called today and they told me that deposits were due at the end of today and it would take them a couple days to see who they have committed to the class so far. Then they would meet to discuss the waitlisted candidates

Deposits for accepted applicants? And do you know how many they’re supposedly accepting this year? The 2015-16 ADEA guide said ~90-100 for that year I think, but I believe I heard somewhere a while back that the number is higher now.

Members don't see this ad.

Mind if I ask your stats? I’m OOS and interviewed in October! I’m still waiting and hoping for the best.
I'm IS, had a 3.52 GPA, and my DAT was 20 TS/19 AA. I'm also a little older, with a service year and dental assistant experience behind me.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone I was accepted OOS to UTHSC on Dec 1 and got my in state acceptance to UAB on Jan 3 so Once I had all the official documents for UAB I gave up my seat at UTHSC. so good luck to anyone still waiting to hear you’ve got one more open spot!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone I was accepted OOS to UTHSC on Dec 1 and got my in state acceptance to UAB on Jan 3 so Once I had all the official documents for UAB I gave up my seat at UTHSC. so good luck to anyone still waiting to hear you’ve got one more open spot!

Where are you OOS from and what are your stats? Have you graduated yet? I have a 3.76 science and non-science GPA with a 19 AA, 18 TS, and 21 PAT with no sections below 17 and am still waiting to hear. OOS Louisiana. I graduate in March (quarter system).

For those of you who have not been accepted yet, has your status changed on AADSAS? Mine still says "invited for interview".

For those of you who have not been accepted yet, has your status changed on AADSAS? Mine still says "invited for interview".

Mine says that too. I emailed them to ask if we will know through AADSAS if we are waitlisted or not, but haven’t heard back yet.

Where are you OOS from and what are your stats? Have you graduated yet? I have a 3.76 science and non-science GPA with a 19 AA, 18 TS, and 21 PAT with no sections below 17 and am still waiting to hear. OOS Louisiana. I graduate in March (quarter system).
I'm from Alabama, and I am a graduate student. 3.71 graduate gpa (all science), 3.14 science undergrad, 3.28 undergraduate overall. 21AA, 20TS, 21PAT, 17 QR. Graduating with my Masters in May.

Status changed to waitlisted, but we all knew what’s up

I’m waitlisted as well. Does anyone know how many waitlisted applicants usually get accepted? I wonder if this means that all of the spots are taken until further notice.

Does anyone know if they are still giving interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
I applied back in July & retook the DAT in November. I've yet to receive any word regarding an interview or rejection. (20 AA & 3.7 GPA)

Anyone here have any insight to where I may stand?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied back in July & retook the DAT in November. I've yet to receive any word regarding an interview or rejection. (20 AA & 3.7 GPA)

I have the same situation. I'm OOS, you?

I’m OOS, 3.76 GPA overall and science, and 19 AA (first attempt). I interviewed in October. I’m not sure of their specifics of the selection process since we are similar regarding stats! What are your shadowing, volunteer, and extracurricular activities like? I don’t know how much longer they interview if they still are.

I’m OOS, 3.76 GPA overall and science, and 19 AA (first attempt). I interviewed in October. I’m not sure of their specifics of the selection process since we are similar regarding stats! What are your shadowing, volunteer, and extracurricular activities like? I don’t know how much longer they interview if they still are.

Decent amount of shadow time, but primarily with one dentist. I have a lot of curricular and volunteer hours, but it's more with church groups than clubs, etc.

Decent amount of shadow time, but primarily with one dentist. I have a lot of curricular and volunteer hours, but it's more with church groups than clubs, etc.

I’m in the exact same boat. I’m very involved in my church’s music ministry and have been in a fraternity and am a member of my university’s pre-health society. I have about 100 shadowing hours with 4-5 different dentists and one endodontist.

I graduated (instate) with a 3.5 GPA and 19AA with about 50 shadowing hours and a very minimum amount of volunteer hours and I was accepted on Dec 1st. However, I would like to add that my background is somewhat unique compared to the majority of applicants and that may have given me the advantage I needed to make the cut.

That’s interesting. Yeah I am waitlisted right now and am just wondering what the reason could be. I was starting to wonder if I needed a DAT re-take, but am unsure since many people are accepted with similar scores.

I applied but was not interviewed last year and did not find out I was officially rejected until maybe April. My status was just that my application was under review until then. I interviewed this cycle in November and they did mention that mt group was the "last interview," but I am not sure if they do extra interviews as needed, etc.

I'm waitlisted but picked another school so people on the waitlist, you're one spot closer! lol

Anyone heard anything off the waitlist?

Nothing.

Still waiting on accepted students apparently.

To those who have been accepted-- do you know how full the class is?

I was accepted off the waitlist Monday. OOS but I was offered a funded AR spot.

I have made the decision today to decline my offer at this school. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Does the school send rejection letters? Or you'll just never know if you're off the waitlist till school starts?

Did anyone who had an interview send a thank you note, and the reason I ask is becasue I know UT does not like people emailing them needlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.