**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

I guess I'll add my timezone too, 1:19 am MST. Pumped.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted :zip:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at my top choice!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone get invited for the Summer Research Program?

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone making a Facebook group? Or are we waiting to get it from the school?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all next year!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Minnesota records their lectures?

Accepted OOS but choosing Marquette, spot open for those of you who got waitlisted

Anyone have any info on scholarships?
I received a scholarship, but I might be turning it down for another scholarship.

Got the separate email yesterday afternoon.

Did anyone get invited for the Summer Research Program?
*After several months of lurking, the pre-dent finally changes his forgotten password to join in on the conversation...*

Yesh.

I received a scholarship, but I might be turning it down for another scholarship.

Got the separate email yesterday afternoon.
Could you expand on what scholarship was offered, if you don't mind me asking? I remember Dr. Lopez telling us about a few the school offered specifically, however, I could not find any information on them aside from that.

Could you expand on what scholarship was offered, if you don't mind me asking? I remember Dr. Lopez telling us about a few the school offered specifically, however, I could not find any information on them aside from that.
It's a scholarship awarded to two OOS students which means they pay IS tuition. To my knowledge IS students don't get anything from the school.

Wait are you referring to the scholarship for the summer research or the ones just offered to out of state students in general?
The summer research scholarship is a stipend for your time. SableFire is talking about something else.

I got the Dean's scholarship as an IS student for $15,000 a year. It looks like I will be keeping it. I had a misunderstanding about another scholarship that I will be applying for this year.
Oh didn't know about that! Congrats that is a decent chunk of change!

That feeling when you're accepted into a tough OOS school and others but not your in-state school...
george-michael-snoopy-walk.gif

This girl did
Did you happen to interview at UMN in late September? I have a strange felling that you were in my group, we talk about you being from Texas and applying for the Summer Research Program. If not then nevermind. :p

Has anyone gotten their acceptance letter in the mail yet?

I got the Dean's scholarship as an IS student for $15,000 a year. It looks like I will be keeping it. I had a misunderstanding about another scholarship that I will be applying for this year.
What is the one you are going to apply for?

Last edited:
Does anybody know about the change in curriculum that is undergoing at UMN for our class of 2021? I just want to know if school's gonna be harder or easier for us.

Does anybody know about the change in curriculum that is undergoing at UMN for our class of 2021? I just want to know if school's gonna be harder or easier for us.
I'm a first year right now and I don't know if I would say it's going to be specifically easier. My class had some slight adjustments from the year previously but I feel that it was about the same difficulty from what I hear. I did hear biochem will be dropped but what it will be replaced with I'm not sure. The biochem class isnt that bad anyways. The administration is still figuring out the new curriculum so we will see if it's harder or not but I have confidence that the changes will be good.

I'm a first year right now and I don't know if I would say it's going to be specifically easier. My class had some slight adjustments from the year previously but I feel that it was about the same difficulty from what I hear. I did hear biochem will be dropped but what it will be replaced with I'm not sure. The biochem class isnt that bad anyways. The administration is still figuring out the new curriculum so we will see if it's harder or not but I have confidence that the changes will be good.
Thanks for your input. Does the change in curriculum means that we will no longer be able to use upperclassmen's notes? Man that would suck big time.

Thanks for your input. Does the change in curriculum means that we will no longer be able to use upperclassmen's notes? Man that would suck big time.
Not sure exactly what the curriculum change will be but I assume most of the classes will still be similar. Past notes are nice but you will do better if you only use them sparingly for most classes.

Submitted my acceptance form and turned in deposit, do we get a confirmation e-mail of sorts to know the mail was received?

Submitted my acceptance form and turned in deposit, do we get a confirmation e-mail of sorts to know the mail was received?
The AADSAS updated to "offer confirmed" after they received my form and deposit. Also, whenever your bank account is in the red from both deposits I suppose!

Any current students know how late into the cycle UMN interviews (asking for a friend and any lurkers)?

Does anyone know how their waitlist works? Do they pull a lot from it?