****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone rejected or denied yet?

I'm marginally surprised that I haven't yet. Never got an interview, even as an in-state undergrad at umich.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I still haven't heard a word from Michigan. No interview, no rejection, no deferral.... Nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I still haven't heard a word from Michigan. No interview, no rejection, no deferral.... Nothing.

If you haven't heard anything, I won't even hear a peep. lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You don't get rejected or waitlisted if you've interviewed until February. If we don't hear back today...there's still hope! They'll review those that weren't admitted today, along with all the applications from 2 more rounds in January and send out acceptances with rejections or waitlists in February.

Someone should start the facebook group so I can start creeping :shifty:

Reactions: 3 users
Hey does anyone know when we get scholarship/financial aid information? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
late to the party but accepted today over the phone around 9 EST with scholarship offered

Anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet?

Did anyone else just not even hear from UMich yesterday? I didn't get anything.. what does that mean? :/

I actually just called! If we didn't hear anything, it means we are still up for consideration. Good luck!

Hell yeah. No one has fessed up about rejections here though, so I'm still concerned.

Hell yeah. No one has fessed up about rejections here though, so I'm still concerned.
I have a good friend who told me she got rejected. So I believe they definitely sent out rejection emails. That should make you feel a bit better if you didn't hear anything from them at all.

what does it mean if I've heard nothing, not even interviewed…

what does it mean if I've heard nothing, not even interviewed…

You are still in the running for two interview spots in January. First they have to figure out how many people will decline their spots at Michigan so they know how many they should invite.

You are still in the running for two interview spots in January. First they have to figure out how many people will decline their spots at Michigan so they know how many they should invite.

Thank you!

Have any of you that got accepted (and want to go to Mich) made the deposit/formally accepted yet?

Have any of you that got accepted (and want to go to Mich) made the deposit/formally accepted yet?
Not yet because I don't have the money lol. I want to tell my mom the news on Christmas but I also need her help to pay the deposit. :)

Not yet because I don't have the money lol. I want to tell my mom the news on Christmas but I also need her help to pay the deposit. :)
I'm getting anxious that if I don't pay it soon enough, somehow my spot will go away lol

I'm getting anxious that if I don't pay it soon enough, somehow my spot will go away lol
I know how you feel lol. Every now and then I have to look at my email and make sure its still there.

Congrats to all those accepted! What was the timeline you were given to accept the offer? I'm still holding out hope for a post-dec interview and trying to figure out when those invites will go out

Congrats to all those accepted! What was the timeline you were given to accept the offer? I'm still holding out hope for a post-dec interview and trying to figure out when those invites will go out
30 days from Dec. 1.

I think one of the emails we received says that we should join a fb group that would be created by one of the classmates, so i believe they assume somebody will create one.

I think it's awesome how class starts the last week of June. We're only like six months away from starting dental school.

Are there any current dental students who would be willing to PM me and answer a few questions I have about the school? Mainly regarding the living situation? Thanks!

I think one of the emails we received says that we should join a fb group that would be created by one of the classmates, so i believe they assume somebody will create one.
I just checked, it's not mentioned in any emails?

I think it's awesome how class starts the last week of June. We're only like six months away from starting dental school.

I don't seem to remember, but do you remember when they said you had to secure funding/loans by?

Are there any current dental students who would be willing to PM me and answer a few questions I have about the school? Mainly regarding the living situation? Thanks!

Hey I'm free to talk I'll message you and if anyone wants to talk as well feel free to message me too!

I don't seem to remember, but do you remember when they said you had to secure funding/loans by?
Not sure. I'm not dealing with loans, but the financial aid web page may have some information on that.

Hey I'm free to talk I'll message you and if anyone wants to talk as well feel free to message me too!
Would you recommend we live alone or with roommates for D1? Do you have any recommendations of nice places to live?

Would you recommend we live alone or with roommates for D1? Do you have any recommendations of nice places to live?

Honestly, as a general rule (if you can afford it), it's best to live alone.

But I'd also like to know of good places to live!

ever since i submitted my app, i have received/complete status. it was never Under Review. no interview from UMich. what to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.