**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who told you Dr. Jeffers took a leave of absence indefinitely? Which office did you call?
UDM Dental Office of Admissins! My friend called and then I did and that is what they told me after I asked if I could get contact info to ask Dr.Jeffers about the wait list!

Members don't see this ad.

thats it for this month? no more acceptances?

thats it for this month? no more acceptances?
I had accepted a few other offers before April 1st but decided to stick with Detroit. Before I had made this decision, I received an email from Danielle saying I had to withdraw from the other schools by April 17 or else it would mean that I no longer want to attend UDM. So, for those of you on the waitlist, give it a little more time. Some people may still be deciding where they want to go and they too have until the 17th. I will say this though, I heard that after April, acceptances get fewer and fewer because most students have committed to their school of choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had accepted a few other offers before April 1st but decided to stick with Detroit. Before I had made this decision, I received an email from Danielle saying I had to withdraw from the other schools by April 17 or else it would mean that I no longer want to attend UDM. So, for those of you on the waitlist, give it a little more time. Some people may still be deciding where they want to go and they too have until the 17th. I will say this though, I heard that after April, acceptances get fewer and fewer because most students have committed to their school of choice.
Thanks for the info and congrats on your acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
So is the waitlist not moving? I thought it was supposed to move a lot during april?

It will probably move again after April 17 (the deadline for the recent offers and for those with multiple deposits).
I just turned down my recent acceptance. Good luck to those still waiting.

There should be some movement in the next week or two. People with acceptances are given a week or two to drop schools if they have multiple acceptances. There should be some movement after that and some more in the weeks after that as people with acceptance can also receive acceptances from other schools they were waitlisted at.

Accepted!

Received call this morning.
Message me for my stats! Good luck to everyone still waiting. I hope you all hear good news soon :)

Reactions: 7 users
I thought that by interviewing in September I would be high up on the waitlist. Clearly that's not the case

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what would happen if I called to ask how many people were on the waitlist in total? Are they allowed to release that info? Because I know you can't ask where you are on the waitlist but I'm getting antsy and just want to know more!

Does anyone know what would happen if I called to ask how many people were on the waitlist in total? Are they allowed to release that info? Because I know you can't ask where you are on the waitlist but I'm getting antsy and just want to know more!
you should do it and let us know!

Turned down my spot. Hope it goes to someone here!
Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
There are over 100 people on the waitlist according to admissions

Thanks! Seem's like a lot of people still. Do you happen to know if the class is full at this point? I feel like I might have to come to terms with the fact that I'm gonna have to reapply :(

For those of you that got accepted....are we suppose to get any emails from UDM about financial aid, registrations and etc. ?

Thanks! Seem's like a lot of people still. Do you happen to know if the class is full at this point? I feel like I might have to come to terms with the fact that I'm gonna have to reapply :(
I believe the class is full with very few seats left. They are waiting for people to make the final deposits. I'm in the same boat as you. Time to reapply

For those of you that got accepted....are we suppose to get any emails from UDM about financial aid, registrations and etc. ?

Really though it's been pretty silent on my end. Some of my other friends already have their school email and such.

Really though it's been pretty silent on my end. Some of my other friends already have their school email and such.
Same here. This makes me feel better. I thought I was the only one. I called the admissions office couple of weeks ago to make sure they have revived my transcripts and she told me we should get an email about financial aid and registration in a week or two.

Same here. This makes me feel better. I thought I was the only one. I called the admissions office couple of weeks ago to make sure they have revived my transcripts and she told me we should get an email about financial aid and registration in a week or two.
I feel the same way. I'm Canadian and I haven't received any such email, Ive just been updating my academic fIle when I can.
Oh, the suspense! The wait feels more annoying rather than nerve-wracking
Goodluck to all!

Did anyone else receive an email regarding a background check from Certiphi? I want to make sure this is legitimate.

Did anyone else receive an email regarding a background check from Certiphi? I want to make sure this is legitimate.
Yes, It is legitimate but UDM does not participate in the ADEA Certiphi background check. So I am not sure if we have to fill it out or not.

There are over 100 people on the waitlist according to admissions
You're lucky that they told you anything about the waitlist! I called a couple of days ago and the woman on the phone told me that she could not release any information whatsoever because she had no information about the waitlist. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I am with you guys!

Received a package in the mail today with all the info on tuition and financial aid

Does anyone know how many people were accepted from the waitlist last year?

Will give up my seat shortly as I got accepted into a Canadian university :)

Reactions: 2 users
Last I heard the class was full.
The class will always be full until someone drops their spot, like ddH20.
From my understanding, Canadian schools should have sent out their offers by now so hopefully there will be a couple more openings for us waitlisters.

Side note, there was movement in the previous years (from looking at the previous years' threads) around the beginning of June and even August.. so dont lose hope yet peeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.