University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The portal updated and now says Invited to Interview but there's no email. Probably a glitch but is anyone else in the same situation?

The portal updated and now says Invited to Interview but there's no email. Probably a glitch but is anyone else in the same situation?
Same thing for me but no email! Glad to see we’re all in the same boat

Same thing here!! My heart will be absolutely crushed if this is a glitch/error :rofl:
Previous thread from 2019 says that they also saw an AADSAS change before an email. Maybe we just have to be patient for Monday!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 19.26.31.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 19.26.31.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: 1 users
has anyone NOT received their portal change to invited to interview? My buddy received it even though she just mailed her fee a couple days ago - not sure when they received it.

Reactions: 1 user
My portal changed to invited to interview as well but I have not paid my application fee yet. Is this normal? Or are they just waiting for my fee to send the email.

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal changed to invited to interview as well but I have not paid my application fee yet. Is this normal? Or are they just waiting for my fee to send the email.
I sent my fee in a few weeks ago and I got an email confirming that admissions received it, so I'm not sure!

Just mailed my application fee 2 days ago. My portal changed to invited for interview too. 😄

I was looking through last years feed, and several people received interview invites before even submitting a supplemental fee/photo they said... so hopefully that status change on AADSAS is legit for all of us.

Interview #2
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 8/2
Method of notification: Portal and email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
Application complete date: 6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.39, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/21/ No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11 (9/11 is the earliest date)
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #4
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/21/ No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11 (9/11 is the earliest date)

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody knows how to prepare for Kira assessment?

Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 7/27
GPA (science, overall):3.90, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/21/23/NO
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11 9/18 10/02

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who scheduled interviews, did you immediately get a confirmation email from Cvita? I scheduled mine earlier today, but still haven't received a confirmation email. I'm just wondering if I need to go schedule again or if I need to give it time to show up?

Anyone here get an interview and is still waitlisted from previous cycle?

For those of you who scheduled interviews, did you immediately get a confirmation email from Cvita? I scheduled mine earlier today, but still haven't received a confirmation email. I'm just wondering if I need to go schedule again or if I need to give it time to show up?
I did get a confirmation email from Cvita about a minute or so after scheduling

Anyone here get an interview and is still waitlisted from previous cycle?
Me. I’m still waitlisted at Lecom last cycle but their class started few weeks ago. I think their last cycle was closed but I never received any rejection letter from them

I get a confirmation right after scheduling my interview.

Were all the interview spots in September taken already? I couldn't register for a time in September

For those that mentioned that this is their second or fourth interview, which schools have your received invitations from? So far I've only received an interview from UDM and I wasn't sure if it's typical to receive an invite early August or August in general because I thought invites begin to be sent in September.

Interview #4
Method of notification: Portal first, then email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/20/NO
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11 (earliest)

For those that mentioned that this is their second or fourth interview, which schools have your received invitations from? So far I've only received an interview from UDM and I wasn't sure if it's typical to receive an invite early August or August in general because I thought invites begin to be sent in September.
I have received interviews from University of Iowa, LECOM, MWU AZ, and now UDM. Iowa sent me my invite June 17th, LECOM sent me one early July, and MWU sent me one mid-July. I also thought that interview invites began August/September so I was shocked!

I have received interviews from University of Iowa, LECOM, MWU AZ, and now UDM. Iowa sent me my invite June 17th, LECOM sent me one early July, and MWU sent me one mid-July. I also thought that interview invites began August/September so I was shocked!
wow that's amazing! well deserved and wish you the best of luck (you got this!!). I received an email from MWU-AZ but it was to tell me I'm waitlisted for a potential interview opportunity which I didn't know was a thing so not sure if its a good sign like I'm still hopeful but not sure if it would go through.

• Care
Interview #1
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.39
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/20/none
Dates available OR your interview date: scheduled 9/11 (earliest); 9/18 and 10/2 were available when scheduling this morning

wow that's amazing! well deserved and wish you the best of luck (you got this!!). I received an email from MWU-AZ but it was to tell me I'm waitlisted for a potential interview opportunity which I didn't know was a thing so not sure if its a good sign like I'm still hopeful but not sure if it would go through.
Thank you soooo much I appreciate it! I saw on the thread for MWU AZ that a lot of other people received that as well. Don’t be discouraged by that! Good luck this cycle you’re gonna kill it ❤️

• Care
Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/21
Application complete date: 7/1/21
GPA (science, overall): 2.90, 3.24
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/18/18/QR-15 (planned on retaking)
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11, 9/18, 10/2, 10/9, 11/6

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #1
Notification date: 8/3
Residency: OOS (Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/21
Application complete date: 7/1/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/26/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11, 9/18, 10/2, 10/9, 11/6

Does anyone know if there is a "due date" for the Kira assessment?

I completed the Kira assessment in the initial email, and within 10 minutes of finishing, UDM sent out another email saying the link they sent was incorrect.

I completed the Kira assessment in the initial email, and within 10 minutes of finishing, UDM sent out another email saying the link they sent was incorrect.
What type of questions and how long did it take?

Omg, I just received it too. Does that mean you have to do it again?

There are two separate assessments? I’m seeing there’s a link in step 2 and one in step 3

Was the updated interview comparable to the one from last year?
The first one I did this morning was more personal questions, where the correct link’s questions seemed a bit harder to me. I don’t think it’s bad at all tho, just be familiar with the school.