**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
received email today asking if interested in remaining on Alternate list.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call from dr parent last week! There is still hope for those waiting, good luck to everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call from Dr. Parent about 30 minutes ago!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats! can I ask which state you are from and maybe stats?

Thank! I'm in state, and I graduated from UDM (I was only there for my last 1.5 years) 3.81 GPA 3.74sGPA
DAT: 20AA/19TS/19PAT

I got a call from dr parent last week! There is still hope for those waiting, good luck to everyone
HUGE congrats to you; well deserved!
If I may ask, are you IS, OOS, or International?

I turned down my offer from udm last week! I had gotten in off the wait list in late May.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get their financial aid package yet. I got $105k for the year. If $90k goes to the school. Do you guys think $15K will be enough for the year?

Congrats on those that are going to UDM dental! Anyone that got in still looking for a roommate?

Did anyone here complete a video interview for UDM? I guess for the 2017 cycle they've started doing this, but I know that some post-december invites last year also had a video interview portion. I'm wondering if anyone could kind of give a rundown about the types of questions that are asked and how long it takes to complete?

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone here complete a video interview for UDM? I guess for the 2017 cycle they've started doing this, but I know that some post-december invites last year also had a video interview portion. I'm wondering if anyone could kind of give a rundown about the types of questions that are asked and how long it takes to complete?

I actually had a post-December interview last year and had the Kira Online Interview. It was just used as a test last year, but it looks like they are implementing it for real this year! From what I can remember last year, I think they asked 4 questions. One went something like this: What are some traits/characteristics that you have that will make you a good dentist? Another one was something to do with three goals that you have (don't remember whether it was short term or long term goals). Another went something like: "what strategies do you have that will help you when you are faced with challenges in dental school?" And to be honest I forget the 4th one! Hopefully this helps, but I have no idea if the questions this year will be the same or different.

I actually had a post-December interview last year and had the Kira Online Interview. It was just used as a test last year, but it looks like they are implementing it for real this year! From what I can remember last year, I think they asked 4 questions. One went something like this: What are some traits/characteristics that you have that will make you a good dentist? Another one was something to do with three goals that you have (don't remember whether it was short term or long term goals). Another went something like: "what strategies do you have that will help you when you are faced with challenges in dental school?" And to be honest I forget the 4th one! Hopefully this helps, but I have no idea if the questions this year will be the same or different.
It's different this year. I got 3 video questions and one written question.

Has anyone had questions like what's your favorite movie/book, who would you eat dinner with, in their supplementals?

Has anyone had questions like what's your favorite movie/book, who would you eat dinner with, in their supplementals?

No, they are definitely not like those practice questions. More dental school related.

Why Detroit and udm is so special your feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If they preferred IS than OOS they wouldn't really be a private school lol. The truth of the matter is most OOS students apply to UDM as a backup, while most IS apply as a top tier choice for convenience reasons. UDM knows this, and makes sure to accept the students that are both qualified and viable options to their university.

In the end of the day, its the applicant's credentials that gets them in, regardless of where you're from.
Hi - sorry Im snooping on this thread because I have applied for the current cycle and am awaiting December first. From your experiences up until now, do you still stand by the statement OOS students thought of UDM as a back up and IS thought of it as a top choice?

Hi - sorry Im snooping on this thread because I have applied for the current cycle and am awaiting December first. From your experiences up until now, do you still stand by the statement OOS students thought of UDM as a back up and IS thought of it as a top choice?
Hi, I do still believe that is true, but realistically speaking OOS students may interview at Mercy thinking it is a back-up, and after their experience consider it as a top choice. It's all about what the pre-dental student wants and expects out of their dental school experience. As an IS student, I would really like to attend Mercy because of convenience as well as many other things. So it is my top-choice, and the other schools I interviewed at which were OOS are my back-ups.

Hi everyone,

I'm an incoming D1 (Canadian) and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for housing (Windsor/Detroit)? What are the benefits for living in Detroit over Windsor, and vice-versa?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.