**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

does anyones portal still say "Received/Waiting Additional Information" even though they got confirmation from the admissions office that the photo and fee was received? I'm just getting worried that maybe something else is missing?! let me know what you guys have listed on your portal please!

Oh wow I didn't even get confirmation that my supplemental fee and photo were received....I sent them in when I e-submitted so they got it a solid 3 weeks before they got my AADSAS app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow I didn't even get confirmation that my supplemental fee and photo were received....I sent them in when I e-submitted so they got it a solid 3 weeks before they got my AADSAS app
well i only got confirmation bc i emailed them in july since my portal said missing info and danielle told me that they have my fee and photo. i think i wasn't supposed to email them to ask this but i was just getting nervous!

well i only got confirmation bc i emailed them in july since my portal said missing info and danielle told me that they have my fee and photo. i think i wasn't supposed to email them to ask this but i was just getting nervous!

Ah ok! I wish all schools would just confirm when you have to mail stuff

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1!!

School:
U of D Mercy
Notification date: 8/25/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/20 (Assuming it was "mailed" earlier since schools had already contacted me through AADSAS, but not officially until this time).
Application complete date: 7/16
GPA: 3.66 science/3.58 BCP/3.73 overall
DAT: 20 AA/20 TS/20 PAT/ 19 RC

It does! -___-
Does yours?
i emailed them to ask about the portal status saying additional info and this is what they told me:

"That status is put on all applicant's file when we receive your application from
AADSAS. It is simply stating that if you have not sent in the supplemental
materials to please do so. We will not change the status until you are invited
for an interview, rejected, etc. We do not use the application complete status."

i emailed them to ask about the portal status saying additional info and this is what they told me:

"That status is put on all applicant's file when we receive your application from
AADSAS. It is simply stating that if you have not sent in the supplemental
materials to please do so. We will not change the status until you are invited
for an interview, rejected, etc. We do not use the application complete status."

That makes me so sad :( At least it's not a rejection.

I just set up an interview and they were booked until October 3rd

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm currently a D1 at the school. I'm so excited for you all, as I was just in your shoes a year ago. Best of luck on your interviews!! As time permits, I can try to answer any questions you may have if you PM me. Good luck again!!

School: U of D Mercy
Notification date: 8/25/15
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/14
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA: 3.62 BCP/3.68 science/3.72 overall
DAT: 21 AA/20 TS/23 PAT

did anyone get an email confirmation of your scheduled time for interview yet?

Invited for an interview!!! Oct 3rd so excited!!!

I scheduled 10/3 as well. No confirmation email yet. Hoping it has hotel information.

From what I've heard.. UDM is giving preference to UDM undergrads and those students in their 7 year dental program. Those are the majority of students that filled up interviews up to Oct 3rd. Not sure how legitimate this info is though, so take it with a grain of salt :whistle:

School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 9/5/2015 (I guess they do weekend notifications sometimes)
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: not exactly sure because I don't know when they received my check
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no

Top choice school interview invite!

Notification date: 9/5/2015
Method of notification: e-mail
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/28/15
Application complete date: Looks like 9/4/15 (app got mailed out again 9/4/15)
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/18/20/nah

Reactions: 2 users
Notification date: 9/5/2015 (I guess they do weekend notifications sometimes)
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: not exactly sure because I don't know when they received my check
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no

Just got an interview invite!:heckyeah:

Congrats guys! Did your phone call to schedule an interview go to voicemail?

Congrats guys! Did your phone call to schedule an interview go to voicemail?

I didn't call them yet, and yeah in the instructions it just says to leave a voicemail, so they'll probably get back to us on Tuesday

Just received an invite! So excited :clap:
And yeah, it went to voicemail. You're supposed to leave a message... I probably should've waited a minute before calling because the excitement probably made me sound like a 13-year old who just found out their crush likes them back... :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
I didn't call them yet, and yeah in the instructions it just says to leave a voicemail, so they'll probably get back to us on Tuesday
Sounds good! good luck :)

Hi everyone! Where do you guys stay for the trip. Idk should I schedule for 10/24 or 11/14 -.-

Whoa, this must be a mistake... I received an interview invite myself, yes, but I haven't even sent in my secondary fee yet... Although, I will send it immediately after confirming whether or not if the invite was truly meant for me, because I definitely don't feel right receiving this without having paid at all.

When do they call back after leaving the voice mail for the interview invite?

When do they call back after leaving the voice mail for the interview invite?

Probably on Tuesday because Monday is a holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

invited for interview!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone ,
I just received an interview today as well . I just mailed my pic and check few days ago so I was shocked how fast they are moving !! anyone has any idea how the interview is like?

Hello all,
How long have you guys waited for the conformation on the interview date and time?
Is it via phone call or email??
I am just worried whether they got to my voice mail or not.

Hi guys,

how did you confirm your interview date? They are not picking phone. I left a voice mail on Saturday, haven't received a call back yet. How does that work? Any suggestions?

Hi guys,

how did you confirm your interview date? They are not picking phone. I left a voice mail on Saturday, haven't received a call back yet. How does that work? Any suggestions?
I am wondering the exact same thing:((

Confirmed for Nov-14, call them on 313-494-6651
I just called in and they told me to wait till they go through all of their voice mails.
Was Nov 14th your first choice??

I just called in and they told me to wait till they go through all of their voice mails.
Was Nov 14th your first choice??
Yes it was. I was given two dates- Oct-24 and Nov-14. I have other interview scheduled on Oct-26, so didn't opt for that one. What is your choice?

Yes it was. I was given two dates- Oct-24 and Nov-14. I have other interview scheduled on Oct-26, so didn't opt for that one. What is your choice?
I want the Oct 24th one since I have my other personal appointment on November.
Just worried that I might not get my first choice lol..

I want the Oct 24th one since I have my other personal appointment on November.
Just worried that I might not get my first choice lol..
Oh, hope you will get though.

Just got a conformation call from Carol at UDM. Told me I got an appointment on Oct 24th, 10:00 am. Hopefully I'll see some of you there!

Just got a conformation call from Carol at UDM. Told me I got an appointment on Oct 24th, 10:00 am. Hopefully I'll see some of you there!
Congratz on the interview invite, do you happen to know what batch # you are in?

Got a call back form UDM. Scheduled for Nov 14.

7th batch