**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

I emailed danielle in the beginning of july (a month after i sent my supp. app) and she said she received it, but my status still says "waiting add. info" which kind of freaks me out so I didn't know if they were just not updating AADSAS or what.
same here she told me they have my stuff but my aadsas still isn't updated it. maybe there just not really using it

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah at this point i think most of us have this problem so i guess its not even really a problem then! :)

Does UDM send an email to applicant when they receive the supplemental fee? (I sent in a while ago but haven't received any news since then.)
BTW my app is going to be mailed out today.

Reactions: 1 user
Does UDM send an email to applicant when they receive the supplemental fee? (I sent in a while ago but haven't received any news since then.)
BTW my app is going to be mailed out today.
no.. you most likely won't hear about it. They aren't updating AADSAS either so it will most likely continue to say "Waiting Additional information"

no.. you most likely won't hear about it. They aren't updating AADSAS either so it will most likely continue to say "Waiting Additional information"
Mine doesn't even appear on aadsas account:( maybe because my app is not 'officially' barched out perhaps?

Mine doesn't even appear on aadsas account:( maybe because my app is not 'officially' barched out perhaps?
That sounds right, my application isn't verified yet and it doesn't show anything for me as well.

I wouldn't worry too much. AADSAS had problems this year and its been taking everyone a longer than it usually does to review apps and start sending interview invites.

I used to have my aadsas say awaiting additional info, but it changed to under review.

I used to have my aadsas say awaiting additional info, but it changed to under review.

I sent in my supp. app the beginning of june, and then a month later (second week of july) I emailed them because it still said "waiting additional info" and they said they had it. It's been another month and it still says waiting additional info so I called yesterday (probably not a good idea to bug them) and they said again that they had it all and that they weren't updating aadsas except for if you get an interview or a decision is made or something like that…. so I guess I don't really know. I'm just trusting that they have it since two different people said that they did.

does anyone have any updates from this school? what is going on? when do they send out interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
i got the email saying they got my application, and also saying that "We look forward to working with you in the coming months as our Admissions Committee engages in its selection process." Does that mean they haven't even started reviewing applicants yet? If that's the case, then they are really behind this year

i got the email saying they got my application, and also saying that "We look forward to working with you in the coming months as our Admissions Committee engages in its selection process." Does that mean they haven't even started reviewing applicants yet? If that's the case, then they are really behind this year
I got an email ending with that back in June

I applied on 07/29...so I've got a bit of a wait to get verified and (hopefully) hear back from them.

*growing super impatient*

Do they send a supplemental application or is it just the payment and picture?

Do they send a supplemental application or is it just the payment and picture?
just payment and picture. UDM is not very good at updating the info, i sent mine a month ago, and i'm sure they've got it, but they didnt say anything about it.

Did you guys confirm if they received the money order and picture? I know they received it based on the tracking number but can't confirm since it's not a check and it's been over a month.

just payment and picture. UDM is not very good at updating the info, i sent mine a month ago, and i'm sure they've got it, but they didnt say anything about it.

Ok thanks! Yeah same, I haven't heard anything back since I got the initial acknowledgement letter and sent in the payment and pic.

Did you guys confirm if they received the money order and picture? I know they received it based on the tracking number but can't confirm since it's not a check and it's been over a month.
No. THey'll contact you when you are missing stuff like DAT, photo, or payment etc. i applied for UDM two years, and applying again this year, they don't really contact you much, except when you are invited for an interview or a decision has been made. but that was what they did two years ago, maybe they had some change this year, but so far what seems to me is that they didnt change much the way they communicate with applicants.

Just got an interview invite.

Reactions: 2 users
I need your stats, mail-out date, 40 time, blood type and state of residence

Reactions: 3 users
can everyone please posts stats and complete dates please

School: U of D Mercy
Notification date: 8/25/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/8
GPA: 3.03 science/3.16 BCP/2.96 overall
DAT: 21 AA/22 TS/19 PAT

Interview #1

School:
U of D Mercy
Notification date: 8/25/15
Method of notification: Email (took almost an hour to process into my inbox for some reason)
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1
Application complete date: 7/31
GPA: 3.47 science/3.47 BCP/3.47 overall
DAT: 25 AA/24 TS/18 PAT/ 26 RC

Does UDM have an IS preference?

Last edited:
^we need to call and schedule it

how did the call go? were you given dates or could you pick any day?
I had to call several times and they gave me a range starting on the 8th of September and on Monday-Friday. I picked a day that worked and they said they would later send a conformational email.

I got an email saying that they placed my application on hold until end of fall semester cause they want to see my grade for organic chem and biochem which I'm taking during fall.. i hope i still have a chance..I'm first batch

Last edited:
I got an email saying that they placed my application on hold until end of semester fall cause they want to see my grade for organic chem and biochem which I'm taking during fall.. i hope i still have a chance
hmmm i wonder what it means if we haven't gotten this but also haven't gotten an interview. first batch hereo_O

does anyones portal still say "Received/Waiting Additional Information" even though they got confirmation from the admissions office that the photo and fee was received? I'm just getting worried that maybe something else is missing?! let me know what you guys have listed on your portal please!

does anyones portal still say "Received/Waiting Additional Information" even though they got confirmation from the admissions office that the photo and fee was received? I'm just getting worried that maybe something else is missing?! let me know what you guys have listed on your portal please!

Mine says recieved/ under review