**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

It's so hard to believe that there are absolutely no seats when people on here on sdn stated that they dropped their seats. . But I guess if that's what they said then maybe there really are no seats available. That's so discouraging and more waiting for a lot of us :(
They sent out way more than 150 acceptances to begin with..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

There were some acceptances last week. Not everyone haunts SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone that received an acceptance last week.

Pre-Dec interview and on the wait list

Reactions: 1 user
It's really weird that the school didn't have an official 2nd round of acceptances. I hope ALOT of people drop their seats April 1st.

I just got accepted today off the waitlist at 1:20pm, so there is some movement! Just be hopeful!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow thats awesome congrats, when was your interview day ?

Congrats man, you earned it! Will you be accepting your seat or do you have a different school you were hoping to attend

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just (just means 30 mins ago) got a phone call and got off from the waitlist. Pre-dec inverview, 3.83GPA, 3.79SGPA, 22DAT

Reactions: 4 users
Random question but does anyone know how much the tuition at UDM? I can't really find it on their website

Someone asked me if I'm OOS or IS. Actually, I'm an international student.

So it seems like dr. Jeffers is calling people off the waitlist as the spots open. More to come after April 4th. Hopefully...

so 90% acceptance is not true anymore?? can't believe class is already full.

GUYS RELAX!!! There will be a lot of movement many schools stopped interviewing, so all movement will be off waitlists, so some students may get offered different schools they may switch. Also Canadian schools don't accept till end of april beginning of May and UDM has over 30 canadians in there class. Theres a lot of time until august so lets not go crazy yet.

Reactions: 1 users
hopeless man. no offense but only the top of the top canadian students gets into canadian school. they stopped interviewing earlier this year. I'm amazed how things are happening. doubtful its already middle of march. only a handful of waitlisted is going to be offered. 90% is not the case anymore.

hopeless man. no offense but only the top of the top canadian students gets into canadian school. they stopped interviewing earlier this year. I'm amazed how things are happening. doubtful its already middle of march. only a handful of waitlisted is going to be offered. 90% is not the case anymore.
Who knows. There could be 90% offers in April once schools know which students are holding where. Just my wishful thinking.

Who knows. There could be 90% offers in April once schools know which students are holding where. Just my wishful thinking.

hopefully...I just find it very depressing. I know Facebook is not good measure to count but there are only 90 new students. thats leave at least 60 spots. where are all that students go. they might not have fb but still...

hopefully...I just find it very depressing. I know Facebook is not good measure to count but there are only 90 new students. thats leave at least 60 spots. where are all that students go. they might not have fb but still...
People who have not been accepted could have joined the group. Students who are already at UDM could join to help answer questions about the school. Anything could be the reason why I guess. I thought the class size was 130~ not 150~

People who have not been accepted could have joined the group. Students who are already at UDM could join to help answer questions about the school. Anything could be the reason why I guess. I thought the class size was 130~ not 150~
It's 144 from what I know

Hey don't be discouraged! I know it's a little depressing and waiting is the worst part, but it'll be alright. There's always next cycle and as long as you keep working on improving, and not giving up on that dream of becoming a dentist, it'll be bound to happen one day. Like people say, there's still hope this cycle but if it doesn't happen, look at it as a blessing for you to spend another year in your 20s living life and another year without 300k+ on your shoulders. Once dental school starts and debt starts to accumulate, it'll be 4 years of schooling and the years that follow is just work work work...

So yeah it sucks if this cycle doesn't work out, but sometimes, even the worst situations in our lives are blessings in disguised.

Don't give up, time goes on and in the end, you'll look back and realize that although your path to dentistry may be different from others and not as easy, it's only because it was crucial to you becoming that much better of a doctor.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey don't be discouraged! I know it's a little depressing and waiting is the worst part, but it'll be alright. There's always next cycle and as long as you keep working on improving, and not giving up on that dream of becoming a dentist, it'll be bound to happen one day. Like people say, there's still hope this cycle but if it doesn't happen, look at it as a blessing for you to spend another year in your 20s living life and another year without 300k+ on your shoulders. Once dental school starts and debt starts to accumulate, it'll be 4 years of schooling and the years that follow is just work work work...

So yeah it sucks if this cycle doesn't work out, but sometimes, even the worst situations in our lives are blessings in disguised.

Don't give up, time goes on and in the end, you'll look back and realize that although your path to dentistry may be different from others and not as easy, it's only because it was crucial to you becoming that much better of a doctor.
Well said

I'm not trippen right now. There is a lot of time. most people they end up taking off the waitlist at this point will already be at another school

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited: