**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Does he ever have any trouble getting delayed at the border? Windsor is so close, but I wasn't sure how long it would take, every morning, to get across the border and to class.

Is living in Windsor while attending UDM workable, then?
I'm from Windsor and also friends with a couple D2's living in Windsor and commuting everyday. They don't have trouble.

Members don't see this ad.

Did UDM called ppl this week? I see several ppl on sdn debating whether to attend or not. Worrying...:(:eek::oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any one know when the first day of class is for the 2020 class? Also does any one know how many rounds of acceptances there is traditionally? I know there is supposed to be a second round happening shortly but will there be another after this?

It starts in August and after this next round they will continually take people off the waitlist as spots open up until the first day of classes

Just gave up my spot. Hopefully one of you gets it! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Any more interviews being offered? When is the last interview day? Is it possible to have interviews after today?

anyone bother to guess how many are on waitlist and how many spots are available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why tomorrow ? Did anyone call the office and they said it was tomorrow?

We have until 4pm tomorrow to pay the deposit or our offer is recinded..I would assume you wouldn't hear until Wednesday when they have all the payments and decisions in.

Reactions: 1 users
If I haven't heard anything from the school does that mean rejection

If I haven't heard anything from the school does that mean rejection

They had their last official interview date last month i believe; however, there was a post in the thread that mentioned something about a few individuals interviewing in May-ish.

They had their last official interview date last month i believe; however, there was a post in the thread that mentioned something about a few individuals interviewing in May-ish.

is that mean they are still interviewing weekday? wondering who those few individuals are and why they are selected?

I was told that march 8th was their next round of acceptances.

I know that no one wants to hear this. But I called today and they told me at the end of this month. Just felt like sharing. It seems as though they are really busy. Let's just be patient !

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thats crazy!!!! I wonder if there is even spots opens in the class

Reactions: 1 users
I know that no one wants to hear this. But I called today and they told me at the end of this month. Just felt like sharing. It seems as though they are really busy. Let's just be patient !

I cry.

Reactions: 1 user

Thats a joke right?

I hope this waitlist activity really picks up here. It's honestly so agonizing!!!
Free Saf.
-Su

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if it has ever dragged out this long before? Is there just something odd about this year, or does this sort of thing happen sometimes?

Maybe more people accepted a seat than they thought? End of the month is pretty much April 1st and that's aadsas deadline to notify each school how many seats a student is holding.

~30 ppl left fb. although its not accurate measurement. hopefully what you said is not true...
Maybe more people accepted a seat than they thought? End of the month is pretty much April 1st and that's aadsas deadline to notify each school how many seats a student is holding.

Jeeze more waiting... :(

If you look at last year's thread and the years before people heard back in February and March... I wonder what's the hold up this cycle. Plus keep your hopes up guys, Canadian schools start sending out acceptance letters soon. So maybe more people will drop?

so no more 90% of interviewees eventually getting offered seats like it used to be.

~30 ppl left fb. although its not accurate measurement. hopefully what you said is not true...

He says ~30ppl left. Ive also counted and there are ~25ppl current students. 110-25=85. Maybe 85 is filled. That is a good news. But I also assume why would they hold another wave of acceptances if they are not filled I assume they need to send something to fill their class so thats a bad news. Who knows. This is just only a speculation. But seems unusual that they are dragging second round acceptance until April. I have seen three previous years thread and this didn't happen. Also keep in mind they are still doing individual interviews until May which seems unusual too considering they are done with official interview feb. Anyone want to guess why they are scheduling ppl in May?

I just called admissions and they told me there weren't any seats currently available so that's probably the reason why they haven't had a second round of acceptances. I asked when the next round of acceptances will be and the lady said no definite date, just those seats are filled as they become available. So have they been giving out acceptances already? I guess april 1st would be our next wave since that'll be the date people will drop.

I'm starting to think Dr. Jeffers forgot to carry a decimal over when he gave us that 90% figure.. #sadlyfe

I was VERY skeptical and surprised when he said that all but 20 people made it off the waitlist. I don't remember him saying 90% but I do remember that 20 people remark. I really hope it's not 9%....or .9% :confused:

I just called admissions and they told me there weren't any seats currently available so that's probably the reason why they haven't had a second round of acceptances. I asked when the next round of acceptances will be and the lady said no definite date, just those seats are filled as they become available. So have they been giving out acceptances already? I guess april 1st would be our next wave since that'll be the date people will drop.

It's so hard to believe that there are absolutely no seats when people on here on sdn stated that they dropped their seats. . But I guess if that's what they said then maybe there really are no seats available. That's so discouraging and more waiting for a lot of us :(

It's so hard to believe that there are absolutely no seats when people on here on sdn stated that they dropped their seats. . But I guess if that's what they said then maybe there really are no seats available. That's so discouraging and more waiting for a lot of us :(
Maybe they sent acceptances to a few individuals under the radar? And they could've not posted on sdn.

SERIOULY? So they are not calling on March 8th?

hey guys! keep your heads up. my friend last year had a pre-dec interview, got waitlisted and got in at the end of April/beginning of May so don't lose hope.