***The Official Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckwith Wiedemann

OMS Resident
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen one for Rutgers, so starting a new thread here. @artist2022 add this to official as well!

Has anyone been contacted by the school for a secondary fee yet?

Best of luck to all!

Link to interview prep: Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen one for Rutgers, so starting a new thread here. @artist2022 add this to official as well!

Has anyone been contacted by the school for a secondary fee yet?

Best of luck to all!
I received the request for the supplemental fee on June 18th after submitting on the 5th. Note that you have to snail mail the fee to the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the request for the supplemental fee on June 18th after submitting on the 5th. Note that you have to snail mail the fee to the school.

I was contacted for the supplemental fee about a week after submitting the application. I then received a follow-up email when the check was received and processed. Nothing since then.

They take time, but they will start sending invites shortly, if they haven't yet. They are probably busy getting us, and the D2,D3, and D4's set up for this year.

Anybody got an email about the online webinar about the interview

Interviews are out. They don't give any choice in terms of dates :/

Interview invite #2
Career Changer/2nd application cycle

Submitted: 7/13/18
Residency: NY
oGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.87
21 AA/ 21 TS/ 18 BIO/ 24 GC / 25 OC/ 21 PAT/ 19 QR/ 21 RC

I got the email this Monday.

If any of you guys have any questions feel free to message me.

Did oyu
Interview invite #2
Career Changer/2nd application cycle

Submitted: 7/13/18
Residency: NY
oGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.87
21 AA/ 21 TS/ 18 BIO/ 24 GC / 25 OC/ 21 PAT/ 19 QR/ 21 RC

I got the email this Monday.

Did you get any email after the one saying they received your payment for the app fee prior to the interview one?

Did everyone get a confirmation about them receiving the check sent in mail?! I sent mine in A month ago and have no idea if they got it. Figured it took time

Did everyone get a confirmation about them receiving the check sent in mail?! I sent mine in A month ago and have no idea if they got it. Figured it took time

I got a confirmation email that they received it

I also got an email confirming they got my check

Got my interview invitation today for 9/14.

Members don't see this ad :)
i keep getting calls from Jersey City but no voicemail. I do not answer because i am typically in class/work/pratice. That wouldn't happen to be admissions calling, right?

i keep getting calls from Jersey City but no voicemail. I do not answer because i am typically in class/work/pratice. That wouldn't happen to be admissions calling, right?

They email you.

Reactions: 1 user
What hotels did you guys stay at? Is the Newark international airport fine? I'm arriving 1:00 AM the night before my interview...

Slightly surprise that not more people are posting on this.

Did anybody hear anything from them? How many interviews had they conducted so far? Really wanted to interview with them but hearing nothing yet. :(

Got an invitation for an interview on October 1st! Interview will be on October 19th. They're sending out invitations daily so keep checking your email. I sent in my application on August 29th.

Interview #2
School: RSDM

Notification Date: 10/01/18
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6
Application complete date: 8/6
GPA (science, overall, masters): 3.2, 3.3, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
23/23/24/23/none under 19

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Got an invitation for an interview on October 1st! Interview will be on October 19th. They're sending out invitations daily so keep checking your email. I sent in my application on August 29th.

My check for the supplemental fee got lost in the mail. Do you guys think it is too late to even bother sending another one?

My check for the supplemental fee got lost in the mail. Do you guys think it is too late to even bother sending another one?

Send one, my check was declined because I forgot to sign it but I sent it in again and eventually got an interview last year. It was pretty late in the cycle too.

I have an interview on Oct 19th. Any advice from people who have already had theirs?

Also received the interview invitation from Rutgers! Could someone who attended the interview share some insights of it? I also missed the webinar they hold in August, does anyone have the record? Thanks a lot!

Hey! For those who got interviews, where did y’all stay? Just got an interview and I have no idea where to stay that is affordable so last minute. Open to air bnbs!!!!

If any of you guys have any questions feel free to message me.

Hey WolfsBane!
I have an interview here on the 19th!
Do you remember anything about the interview or have any tips for the interview here? How was it for you? More conversational or more questions?
Do you like this school so far?

I had my interview recently, it was very conversational and easygoing, could depend on who you get as your interviewer. The student ambassadors were also really friendly, you get a chance to talk to them in the morning, so make sure you come early!

As far as interview questions, its pretty much the basic stuff, just know your application and your motivation for dentistry, Rutgers etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an invite this morning, now I don’t have to be so ashamed since I created this thread lmaooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
My 2017-2018 ADEA guide book says Rutgers IS tuition is 38,883 and OOS is 63,001. Their website now says it is 47,766 for IS and 77,392 OOS. Did they seriously jump $9,000 IS and $14,000 OOS in one year? Should we be expecting this kind of rate increase over 4 years? This is extremely discouraging

My 2017-2018 ADEA guide book says Rutgers IS tuition is 38,883 and OOS is 63,001. Their website now says it is 47,766 for IS and 77,392 OOS. Did they seriously jump $9,000 IS and $14,000 OOS in one year? Should we be expecting this kind of rate increase over 4 years? This is extremely discouraging

They didn't mention anything about tuition increases during the interview day but they did say SEVERAL times that OOS students get in-state tuition after the first year

does anyone know how many people get interviewed and how many acceptances they send out?
According to ADEA, the 2016 entering class had 132/336 IS interviewed and 185/1598 OOS interviewed. 54 IS and 27 OOS enrolled, not sure how many were accepted from interviewed pool. The online ADEA dental school explorer guide is for 2017 entering class but doesn't provide number of ppl interviewed.

does anyone know how many people get interviewed and how many acceptances they send out?
185 OOS interviewed 84 offers made
132 IS interviewed 73 offers made
(Last year)

Reactions: 2 users
Do you know if you can bring a suitcase to school and they'll store it for you?
Yes, we were able to store our bags in one of their offices and we got the bags after the tour! Our day also ended before 1 pm.

Does anyone know when RU interviews till and if they offer 1st year scholarships?

There's no scholarship for IS or OOS, and I think they do interview post-Dec but not much from last year's thread.

What do you think chances are for someone applying late October with a 25 DAT?

Hi, I'm an in-state student so obviously this is my first choice but I have not heard from them since September when they received my supplemental fee :( Should I email or call them asking about my application? Or should I wait until Dec 3rd since they will be sending invites? How should I approach them? I'm really sad but I know they are a competitive school so I'm not surprised since my stats are not the greatest

Hi, I'm an in-state student so obviously this is my first choice but I have not heard from them since September when they received my supplemental fee :( Should I email or call them asking about my application? Or should I wait until Dec 3rd since they will be sending invites? How should I approach them? I'm really sad but I know they are a competitive school so I'm not surprised since my stats are not the greatest

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Heads up my status just changed to none, whatever that means lol

My sister as well got the none thingy. She really loved the school, so I really hope this means a good thing for all of you and her, but you never know. Best of luck!

Honestly, if you haven't already called or emailed, I think waiting till Dec 3 is best since its so near.

mine says check back dec 3rd

I heard last year it was around 8am did anybody’s status change on the aadsas portal?

My status changed from invited to interview to none a few days ago then to check back dec 3rd today. But still no call

Status
Not open for further replies.