Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I missed them at first lol and had to call them back. They sent an acceptance letter through email later.
are you gonna choose rutgers?
parts of new jersey can be sketch, but hopefully not as bad as baltimore
in-state after one year makes it cheaper too...

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
are you gonna choose rutgers?
parts of new jersey can be sketch, but hopefully not as bad as baltimore
in-state after one year makes it cheaper too...

I’m heavily debating it. I liked their facilities a lot and they probably have the most rigorous clinical curriculum out of all three (umd and usc), but I’ve once been to the city once hence not so familiar. It could also entail that I will be away from home plus my partner..and since I'll be dealing with the military in the future, my whereabout for the next 10 years is already not guaranteed.

Also thanks to hpsp, the only cost factor I’m looking into is living expense. But my recruiter told me that there will be a monthly stipend for that. Any advice for choosing among these three?

Last edited:
I’m heavily debating it. I liked their facilities a lot and they probably have the most rigorous clinical curriculum out of all three (umd and usc), but I’ve once been to the city once hence not so familiar. It could also entail that I will be away from home plus my partner..and since I'll be dealing with the military in the future, my whereabout for the next 10 years is already not guaranteed.

Also thanks to hpsp, the only cost factor I’m looking into is living expense. But my recruiter told me that there will be a monthly stipend for that. Any advice for choosing among these three?
oh wow, i didn't know you got HSPS
go where you want to live, but i'm betting that you will get the best instruction at rutgers...

Not sure if you’ve ever seen this tiktoker who goes to USC, she absolutely loves it. She records her experiences often and says she enjoys dental school more than undergraduate lol. Shes pretty well known online, her tiktok @ is urlocaltoothfairyy.
Between the three, I have heard amazing things about USC. UMD is also great but I guess between Rutgers and Maryland, it’s more about location too.
tiktok/IG/youtube influencers are not typical of the entire population nor of a d school population...

tiktok/IG/youtube influencers are not typical of the entire population nor of a d school population...
Yeah of course not, I’m just mentioning it since thats the most I have heard about the school since I didnt apply there myself. Not suggesting you depend a dental school decision on a TikTok lol just saying to check it out

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah of course not, I’m just mentioning it since thats the most I have heard about the school since I didnt apply there myself. Not suggesting you depend a dental school decision on a TikTok lol just saying to check it out

Just turned down my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 1 users