***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Declined my acceptance. Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Are we supposed to get an admissions packet by mail?

You should receive your official letter sometime in January. Everything else will be by email once you set up your Midwestern email account!

I got an interview from Midwestern a couple weeks ago for early January... but the AADSAS portal still does not show that I have been invited to interview... anyone think this is concerning? I've scheduled it & it shows it on my Midwestern account, but it has me worried that it still has not popped up on the actual application portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, I got an invite a couple months ago and even when I scheduled it, my aadsas portal still said "received/under review" - It never changed.
Okay, perfect. Thank you for the peace of mind lol. I figured it was somewhat normal considering some schools make most changes through their respected online accounts and not necessarily the overall aadsas portal. Thanks again!

Waitlisted Dec 14
Accepted Dec 19
Undergrad GPA: 3.74 MSc. 4.0
DAT: Bio 21 Chem 19 RC 19 AA 20 PAT 19
Was told that to improve my file I should write a letter of intent. Didn't end up writing one prior to acceptance. Excited for the new adventure!

Congratulations! Who told you that you should write a letter of intent?

Has anyone gotten a january interview? They sent me one but there's no dates. Lol

Has anyone gotten a january interview? They sent me one but there's no dates. Lol

Don't quote me on this, but there was only one day available when I applied. I think that they periodically open up new interview dates so I would keep checking.

Waitlisted Dec 14
Accepted Dec 19
Undergrad GPA: 3.74 MSc. 4.0
DAT: Bio 21 Chem 19 RC 19 AA 20 PAT 19
Was told that to improve my file I should write a letter of intent. Didn't end up writing one prior to acceptance. Excited for the new adventure!

Were you put on the Alternate list or high Alternate list? I called today and was told that Im on the High Alternate list, are both the same?Does anyone know anything about either of these two lists?

Were you put on the Alternate list or high Alternate list? I called today and was told that Im on the High Alternate list, are both the same?Does anyone know anything about either of these two lists?
would you mind to share the phone number you called?!

I got waisted too. For quite a while, actually. My future told me too call so I just called the admissions office

Oh! Sorry I didn't finish my story. When I called I asked if the class was full or if spots were available. They said no, but something strange happened. The next day, the dean of admissions called me directly to let me know that I am high on the wait list. About a week later, I was in. Checking in here definitely helps to show interest.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh! Sorry I didn't finish my story. When I called I asked if the class was full or if spots were available. They said no, but something strange happened. The next day, the dean of admissions called me directly to let me know that I am high on the wait list. About a week later, I was in. Checking in here definitely helps to show interest.
Same thing happened to me as well, Dr. Pashayan called me the week prior to make sure I was still interested in the school and if I would accept an offer should they extend one because I was high on the waitlist as well. I of course said yes and the next week I got the call! I think we got the call on the same day @samknex!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been verified and have received an interview invitation! I scheduled my interview for the 16th of January.

Any tips or advice?

Reactions: 1 users
I have my interview coming up on the 22nd and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to best prepare for it and what kinds of questions they asked. Congrats to everyone that already got in! I would love to attend school at MWU!

Hi guys, so I just got an interview invite today! I still have yet to set a date...it says no date available on the online portal...anyone had that problem before with MWU interview scheduling??

Also, I had 2 interviews (one at roseman- no response and one at nova - waitlisted) and I am curious to know how likely it is for me to actually get into MWU with a post December interview? I live in FL so I don't want to spend so much money to travel there if I don't have that much of a chance at getting a spot.

Hi guys, so I just got an interview invite today! I still have yet to set a date...it says no date available on the online portal...anyone had that problem before with MWU interview scheduling??

Also, I had 2 interviews (one at roseman- no response and one at nova - waitlisted) and I am curious to know how likely it is for me to actually get into MWU with a post December interview? I live in FL so I don't want to spend so much money to travel there if I don't have that much of a chance at getting a spot.

If I were you I'd definitely spend the money, especially with no acceptance yet. (the hopefully not your scenario = re-apply will end up costing you more time and $$ long term) I'm also in FL this year and got in with an interview in Oct. Good luck.

If I were you I'd definitely spend the money, especially with no acceptance yet. (the hopefully not your scenario = re-apply will end up costing you more time and $$ long term) I'm also in FL this year and got in with an interview in Oct. Good luck.
Congrats on getting in!! Thats awesome :) and thank you for the advice. Yeah, I definitely agree after careful consideration. Gotta keep trying until you land that acceptance.

@dentaldiva27 and @Dr. D0NK3Y here are the things that I think are important. Completely my own opinions :)

I'm happy to help. So, for specific questions I don't really remember, but I can say that it is a much more Q&A feel. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself and about the program. I think it is open file, but I can't remember exactly. It seems like I remember being asked questions from my file, but I would check with other people too. There are usually 2 professors and 1 student. My student was sick so I just had two professors, but my roommate is a D2 and he gets to sit in on them sometimes and ask questions. My specific tip that has helped everyone I know is to practice the interview. Find someone who has done job interviews well or has interviewed before and get them to ask you questions. Always be able to tell them who you are in a simple, powerful, concise way. Practice is so huge. The only schools I practiced hard for I got acceptances. I wish I would have practiced more, but I ended up at my #1 anyway :)

Does anyone else have more input?

I got this past year in May and I interviewed in November. I know lots of people in my class interviewed after December 1st and there is a lot of movement as the summer approaches because people are solidifying which school they will attend if they have multiple acceptances. You still have a good chance of getting in, I would definitely make it out for the interview! More interview dates will open up, you just have to be vigilant because the time you may want will fill up fast. Good luck!

I have my interview coming up on the 22nd and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to best prepare for it and what kinds of questions they asked. Congrats to everyone that already got in! I would love to attend school at MWU!

I think something important is to ask lots of questions about the school and the program because it shows that you have interest in the school. @samknex gave some great advice and really the only thing I could add to it is to know the mission of the school from memory. They asked me for it in the interview and luckily I was prepared, so I feel that it showed that I truly wanted to attend the school. Besides that, just know yourself (i.e. strengths and weaknesses, etc.) and you'll do great! Good luck!

I got this past year in May and I interviewed in November. I know lots of people in my class interviewed after December 1st and there is a lot of movement as the summer approaches because people are solidifying which school they will attend if they have multiple acceptances. You still have a good chance of getting in, I would definitely make it out for the interview! More interview dates will open up, you just have to be vigilant because the time you may want will fill up fast. Good luck!
Thank you so much for the advice and support!! Yes, I will patiently wait for an interview date to open up now. :)

Hi everyone, I'm kind of late to the party. I wanted to wait to hear back from all schools I interviewed at before I posted anything. Davis officially rejected me as of today lol. I'll see y'all this fall!

Hi everyone, I'm kind of late to the party. I wanted to wait to hear back from all schools I interviewed at before I posted anything. Davis officially rejected me as of today lol. I'll see y'all this fall!

Davis? This isn't vet school

I'm a little late, but I was accepted on the spot at my interview this past Tuesday 1/16! Literally best day ever. The interview was awesome, but definitely very different than the other interviews I had experienced! Good luck to everyone!

I'm a little late, but I was accepted on the spot at my interview this past Tuesday 1/16! Literally best day ever. The interview was awesome, but definitely very different than the other interviews I had experienced! Good luck to everyone!
Woah thats incredible!! Congrats :) if you don't mind sharing your interview experience it would really help me out! I am scheduled to interview on March 6 and I believe my past 2 interviews were okay but not amazing so I really want to improve on this one! any tips would be appreciated

Thank you for your information. I have a question, do we need to collect human extracted teeth before the school starts?
Hey, Sorry to get back to you so late. I found some information about collecting extracted teeth. As I said, they want us to keep the teeth in a specific solution, but I talked to Dr. Van (he is in charge of teeth collection) he said to give you his email address. You can send him an email, and he will mail you a jar with the solution so you can start collecting teeth. You can mail it back or bring it with you when you come in August. Since this is a public forum I don't think posting his email address is a good idea, so send me a pm and I will message you his email address.
If anyone else wants to collect teeth, send me a PM and I'll message you the info.
P.S. You are not required to collect teeth. First quarter you will be mostly working with plastic teeth (typodont teeth), you may have 1 or 2 projects with natural teeth, which school will provide. After that at the end of each quarter, you will receive a jar with chemical solution inside and ask you to collect teeth. They will tell you the number of projects you will get to do with natural teeth depends on how many teeth your class (as a whole) collects. So don't feel pressured.

Last edited:
Hey, Sorry to get back to you so late. I found some information about collecting extracted teeth. As I said, they want us to keep the teeth in a specific solution, but I talked to Dr. Van (he is in charge of teeth collection) he said to give you his email address. You can send him an email, and he will mail you a jar with the solution so you can start collecting teeth. You can mail it back or bring it with you when you come in August. Since this is a public forum I don't think posting his email address is a good idea, so send me a pm and I will message you his email address.
If anyone else wants to collect teeth, send me a PM and I'll message you the info.
P.S. You are not required to collect teeth. First quarter you will be mostly working with plastic teeth (typodont teeth), you may have 1 or 2 projects with natural teeth, which school will provide. After that at the end of each quarter, you will receive a jar with chemical solution inside and ask you to collect teeth. They will tell you the number of projects you will get to do with natural teeth depends on how many teeth your class (as a whole) collects. So don't feel pressured.

It says you can't be reached via PM?

Thx a lot. But I am not able to PM you, can you PM me? Thx!

Thx a lot. But I am not able to PM you, can you PM me? Thx!
For whatever reason I can't send PM either, I have no idea what's going on...but if you've been accepted, you should have an assigned school email address. In your email account under contacts you can open up directory and search for "Scott Van DaHuvel", his email will pop up. Let me know if that doesn't work, I will ask for his permission to share his email in public forum.

Hey guys! I was officially accepted to the MWU-AZ dental program on the spot during the interview. It was so exciting, I was left speechless. I would love to help anyone still interviewing/setting dates if need be!

Hey guys! I was officially accepted to the MWU-AZ dental program on the spot during the interview. It was so exciting, I was left speechless. I would love to help anyone still interviewing/setting dates if need be!
I've got an interview tomorrow. Got any last minute advice? Any hard questions or stuff you didn't expect?

I've got an interview tomorrow. Got any last minute advice? Any hard questions or stuff you didn't expect?

Just think about why you feel the way you do about the answers you've prepared because they will keep digging. It's gonna be drill like so don't expect a real friendly vibe in the interview setting. Prepare for some critical thinking questions too and don't get flustered during those, go through your answers methodically with them. Good luck!

Thats amazing! congratulations!!
What questions should i expect from them? do they ask about me? my application? a scenario? whats it like? I have an interview there in march and i keep hearing that "they're not friendly" and "its tense" and feels very stressful.

Hey guys! I interviewed on Jan 22 and also got accepted on the spot! In regards to the interview, be yourself and really revolve your answers around being ethical. Majority of the questions were direct questions.. one specifically being “what is a criticism that you have been told?” And “define passion.” I was really nervous before the interview but during the process it was a lot more chill than expected. If you have any questions feel free to message me! I was really impressed with this school and will no doubt be attending this fall goodluck everyone!!

Further tip: know the mission statement!!!

Thats amazing! congratulations!!
What questions should i expect from them? do they ask about me? my application? a scenario? whats it like? I have an interview there in march and i keep hearing that "they're not friendly" and "its tense" and feels very stressful.

Hey Congratulations first off! Just as @Kobe4life said, really its all about being yourself to the best of your ability. They are looking for someone who not only fits into their program but do they have the ability to be taught (want to learn the way they teach)? Are they going to fit in with the students? MWU AZ is really friendly and when they interview you, be concise and to the point (no need to add additional fluff to buy time) but be passionate, enthusiastic, and show yourself through your answers.

For what questions, take a look at this (Student Doctor Network) and click the individual responses for a few questions from each person. It will give you the best idea of what to expect. DO NOT memorize a script in my opinion. You will feel more nervous trying to remember things and if you forget something you'll feel worse. Have some bullet points for each kind of question but fill it in with genuine responses. They don't care too much about your application, you've gotten an interview so you're someone they potentially consider based solely on your application already. As far as scenario, its a 3-1 interview with 1 student and 2 faculty members. It is pretty conversational with a hint of an interview vibe. You make it what you want, I was being myself and I even cracked a small joke in between a question.

All in all, to me it was not very stressful at all nor was it tense. You make it what you want and if you go in confident, they will appreciate that!

My tip: If they ask you something and you don't know the answer right away, acknowledge the question and let them know you want a moment to think. It may seem like you're hurting your interview but you look more collected and you have a chance to sort out your thoughts before you start making up random conversation.

Feel free to PM me if you want more information!

Last edited:
Are there any MWU students that wouldn't mind me PM'ing them a few questions about the school?

Cancelling my interview. Accepted to my number 2 choice school. Good luck to whoever gets it!

Anyone from this cycle (or who currently attends MWU) at their master's program? (either IL or AZ)

Does anyone know if all schools charge $150 or so for the background check? I've been accepted & am just wondering if you have to pay this for each school you are accepted into (because I am still deciding on schools).

Did anyone have the required prerequisites section show up under the applicant checklist in the portal after interviewing?

Interview #6 to Midwestern - AZ!
I have not set up a date yet
sGPA 3.29 oGPA 3.38
DAT - 19TS/19AA/21RC/19QR/19PAT
several hundred hours of volunteering/shadowing
Several years of healthcare experience

March 7 is the date. Congratulations on everyone who received offers of admission so far!

Hello everyone! Just checking in. I interviewed on Tuesday, January 23rd and was accepted on the spot. I actually asked the faculty and D2 student "are you serious?!?!?" I was so excited lol. Hopefully, I can offer some advice to anyone who seeks it! Good luck, everyone!

GPA: 3.5
Science GPA: 3.6
DAT: 22 AA, 22 TS, 22 PAT
100+ shadowing hours (2 general dentists, 1 oral surgeon)
BSN from UT Medical Branch
5 years experience in trauma nursing

Hello everyone! Just checking in. I interviewed on Tuesday, January 23rd and was accepted on the spot. I actually asked the faculty and D2 student "are you serious?!?!?" I was so excited lol. Hopefully, I can offer some advice to anyone who seeks it! Good luck, everyone!

GPA: 3.5
Science GPA: 3.6
DAT: 22 AA, 22 TS, 22 PAT
100+ shadowing hours (2 general dentists, 1 oral surgeon)
BSN from UT Medical Branch
5 years experience in trauma nursing
heyyy! omgg congratulationsss!! can you PM me? i dont know how to do it, i have some questions! Thank you!

March 6th for meee!
I will be interviewing March 6th as well!! Really hoping it works out. Their program looks amazing and everyone who goes there seems to love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.