*The Official May 6th, 2016 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DannySCR

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to see who's with me in fighting this beast on May 6th. This could be a great place to help each other out, be it through study tips, mnemonics, or simply relieving stress. Nice to meet you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
One week left! I'm going to be working 10-7 and will not check my score until I get home. Don't want to risk a break down at work. I've felt progressively worse about my score as the weeks have gone by. Sigh.

I left the test center feeling like I gave it a good shot and probably did aight. The more time I spend reading on here, the less good I feel...

Reactions: 1 user
I left the test center feeling like I gave it a good shot and probably did aight. The more time I spend reading on here, the less good I feel...

Same. Feeling progressively worse about how I did throughout the past 3 weeks. Had a dream that I got 122 in CARS...

Members don't see this ad :)

I felt alright until today, when a girl came up to me in class and told me she felt good after the MCAT then didn't do nearly as well as she did on the practice exams... Blech

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Isn't this the truth. I keep thinking--50% of the test taking population on 5/6 will score below 500, and I do not want to belong to that category......

This statistical fact makes me so nervous. I just have to take comfort in the fact that there were people like the guy from a couple of pages back who didn't know the AA's and forgot to bring lunch...

This statistical fact makes me so nervous. I just have to take comfort in the fact that there were people like the guy from a couple of pages back who didn't know the AA's and forgot to bring lunch...

My friend since pre-K is studying for the MCAT but not only is prepping for one month he legit has not scored above a 496 on any kaplan stuff. He is not an idiot just not well organized (well he's not the smartest kid I have ever known lol). I gotta believe there are at least several hundred people like this across the country at least that is what i tell myself. that certainly does not make up 50% though so perhaps the remainder are those who take the MCAT do poorly and transition to other careers whether it be health related or not.

Am I mixing up average vs median? I thought median meant 50% will be above 500 and 50% will be below 500. An average of 500 can't tell us that right?

Am I mixing up average vs median? I thought median meant 50% will be above 500 and 50% will be below 500. An average of 500 can't tell us that right?

The MCAT is essentially normally distributed so the mean and median are very close to one another. The average MCAT should generally be 500 with a median at 500 +/- 1 or 2 pts.

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone know how the process of application submission works? I'm planning to submit my AMCAS for 1 school on 6/7 just to get verified, then pick out more schools I want to apply to before the first transmit date (6/24). If I add more schools between 6/7 and 6/24, do they all get transmitted on 6/24, or is there a delay?

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone know how the process of application submission works? I'm planning to submit my AMCAS for 1 school on 6/7 just to get verified, then pick out more schools I want to apply to before the first transmit date (6/24). If I add more schools between 6/7 and 6/24, do they all get transmitted on 6/24, or is there a delay?

The way I understand it is that once you're verified, new schools are transmitted in 1 business day.. So your plan should be fine.. I'm going to do the same, due to $$$

Members don't see this ad :)
Less than 48 hours to go!

Hoping to have my personal statement and work/activities done by that time... Writing this stuff is like pulling teeth. I studied science to avoid writing essays!

Hoping to have my personal statement and work/activities done by that time... Writing this stuff is like pulling teeth. I studied science to avoid writing essays!
I know the website says "by 5pm eastern (?) Time", but has anyone noted from other threads about how close that's been?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Agreed... I've been working on my work/activities section all day. Still have 3 to go.

I know the website says "by 5pm eastern (?) Time", but has anyone noted from other threads about how close that's been?

The April 1st group had their scores released super early, like 8:00AM EST. I think the April 23rd group was later, somewhere around 3:00 PM

ANXIETY.

Is anyone else already planning for the worst and getting ready to switch their whole life around just in case?

ANXIETY.

Is anyone else already planning for the worst and getting ready to switch their whole life around just in case?
In what way, bud? I'm going to delay my app, dedicate 2-3 months, retake and perhaps just have a late DO cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
ANXIETY.

As a non-trad in a clinical job that I really like and could see myself doing as a career for 30 years... If the whole doctor thing doesn't work out, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing now.

I will be lurking and heavy breathing waiting to see how everyone on this testing date did tomorrow.

Just be on the lookout if they release the scores at 8am or 10am tomorrow--that apparently has happened before this year already.

I've been told the AAMC twitter page is the best place to find out when scores are released. Let's hope we don't have to wait all day tomorrow!

I've been trying as hard as possible not to get too neurotic about this, but it's so hard not to. Here's hoping they're released in the morning. My outlook has taken a sharp pessimistic turn over the past few days...

I've been trying as hard as possible not to get too neurotic about this, but it's so hard not to. Here's hoping they're released in the morning. My outlook has taken a sharp pessimistic turn over the past few days...

Tell you what, I'll be here for you guys, just as long as you'll be here for me and others on June 14 when we find out our scores :)

Scores posted at around 7:55am it looks like! Somebody at AAMC is on the ball!

519 for me! Pretty stoked. CARS was actually my worst subject by far, which was the opposite of all my practice tests. Strange.

Reactions: 7 users
Scores are up! On par with my best practice test. Not great, but good enough to get in somewhere. So effing relieved.

Relieved it's over. Just a bit pissed about CARS because my practice test scores for it were high, but whatever not gonna moan about it. Thanking the old gods and the new for that C/P score since I thought I failed during the exam.

Last edited:
526! Having voided my 4/23 test this was much needed...but I certainly did not expect this high. My practice scores were AAMC FL scored 521: 132/129/130/130, unscored ~89%, EK FL 3/4 ~80%, NS FLs 513-518

Reactions: 8 users
C/P: 126
CARS: 128
B/B: 128
P/S: 126

Was scoring ~ 497-499 on Kaplan, 70-72% on EK, 506 on my AAMC scored (didn't end up taking the unscored). Four months of prep while working full time. I'm good.

Reactions: 5 users
C/P: 126
CARS: 128
B/B: 128
P/S: 126

Was scoring ~ 497-499 on Kaplan, 70-72% on EK, 506 on my AAMC scored (didn't end up taking the unscored). Four months of prep while working full time. I'm good.

You're an inspiration.
I'm glad you got the score you did. Hope all goes well with you and your application.

526! Having voided my 4/23 test this was much needed...but I certainly did not expect this high. My practice scores were AAMC FL scored 521: 132/129/130/130, unscored ~89%, EK FL 3/4 ~80%, NS FLs 513-518
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your Username and MCAT score are compatible. It's like they were meant to be. Okay now back to studying. :D

504. I got a 501 on scored so I'll take it! It's good enough to get me into a DO school. I'm actually content seeing as I got a 23 on the old MCAT. Congrats everyone!

I know posts like this always kept me calm, so if any future test takers are curious...

Real Thing: 516 (130/127/131/128)

AAMC Scored FL: 508 (127/127/127/127)
AAMC Sample: 82% (81%/83%/83%/85%)
Kaplan FL1: 501 (125/126/126/125)
Kaplan FL2: 504 (126/125/127/126)
Kaplan FL3: 503 (126/124/129/124)
TPR Demo: 502 (123/125/124/130)
TPR 1: 505 (125/126/126/128)
TPR 2: 502 (125/123/127/127)
TPR 3: 502 (125/123/126/128)

Also did all of the available AAMC materials, can't find the document where I kept track of my progress, though.

Reactions: 5 users