**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

aadsas updated today shows interview

Members don't see this ad.

I got my interview invitation by email on monday and scheduled my interview tuesday morning. AADSAS changed my status under MU from "under review" to "invited for interview."

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately not this year folks.

What are your stats and when was your application complete
Average DAT (medical issues, in which I did not try to obtain accommodations for (I know it's my fault) played a role in my poor DAT score and have been addressed to MUSoD), little low of a cGPA (3.33 - still finishing one semester in undergrad); however, my application was complete 8/8 and is extremely strong:
  • 1,500 volunteer hours, including volunteering in an underprivileged dental clinic for 2 years
  • Decent shadowing hours
  • Hundreds of hours of undergraduate research experience (researching by myself and 2 advisors) that relates to the dental field and has not been researched in the world before
  • Letter of recommendation from a professor that teaches at Marquette school of dentistry
  • 2 other letter of recommendations from top science professors at my college,
  • and a letter of recommendation form a doctor (volunteer supervisor) that serves on the admissions board at a medical college for residency
  • President of the Pre-Health club at my school
  • perfect personal statement.

It's probably my DAT and sGPA that hindered my chances. I've already been offered and guaranteed a spot in the Pharmacy school that the Medical College of Wisconsin is just opening up which is only 3 years long, but I just can't see myself as a pharmacist. I'll work on re-taking my DAT if nothing happens elsewhere this year, and possibly find a dental assistant job.

I come from a family background where my dad never obtained a GED, and my mom obtained an accounting degree, we are financially unstable and everything that I own, I had to work for. Not saying working part time and going to school full time is my excuse for poor GPA, but I think it plays a role (no, I'm not trying to get sympathy).

I suffer from clinical diagnosed depression, and this whole experience, between a crappy DAT and no interviews is taking a huge toll on me, currently. However, I'm not giving up until I accomplish my dream. It would have been just really convenient because all of my family lives in WI, and it would be my state school, but I just need to roll with the punches.

Last edited:
Average DAT (medical issues, in which I did not try to obtain accommodations for (I know it's my fault) played a role in my poor DAT score and have been addressed to MUSoD), little low of a cGPA (3.33 - still finishing one semester in undergrad); however, my application was complete 8/8 and is extremely strong:
  • 1,500 volunteer hours, including volunteering in an underprivileged dental clinic for 2 years
  • Decent shadowing hours
  • Hundreds of hours of undergraduate research experience (researching by myself and 2 advisors) that relates to the dental field and has not been researched in the world before
  • Letter of recommendation from a professor that teaches at Marquette school of dentistry
  • 2 other letter of recommendations from top science professors at my college,
  • and a letter of recommendation form a doctor (volunteer supervisor) that serves on the admissions board at a medical college for residency
  • President of the Pre-Health club at my school
  • perfect personal statement.

It's probably my DAT and sGPA that hindered my chances. I've already been offered and guaranteed a spot in the Pharmacy school that the Medical College of Wisconsin is just opening up which is only 3 years long, but I just can't see myself as a pharmacist. I'll work on re-taking my DAT if nothing happens elsewhere this year, and possibly find a dental assistant job.

I come from a family background where my dad never obtained a GED, and my mom obtained an accounting degree, we are financially unstable and everything that I own, I had to work for. Not saying working part time and going to school full time is my excuse for poor GPA, but I think it plays a role (no, I'm not trying to get sympathy).

I suffer from clinical diagnosed depression, and this whole experience, between a crappy DAT and no interviews is taking a huge toll on me, currently. However, I'm not giving up until I accomplish my dream. It would have been just really convenient because all of my family lives in WI, and it would be my state school, but I just need to roll with the punches.

So then what's your D.A.T.??

I don't know if this has been answered already but are there going to be anymore invitations for pre-December interviews or were those two days it? :(

I don't know if this has been answered already but are there going to be anymore invitations for pre-December interviews or were those two days it? :(

Looking at last cycle's thread, I think that's it unfortunately :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea how many in state applicants they interview? Or how many they typically accept? I know 50 is the total number, but there are always a few that decline acceptance.

Any idea how many in state applicants they interview? Or how many they typically accept? I know 50 is the total number, but there are always a few that decline acceptance.

you can assume similar numbers:

Class entering fall 2014 per ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools

OOS 2,063 applied, 220 interviewed, 102 accepted, 49 enrolled (international makes 50)

In state 187 applied, 112 interviewed, 56 accepted, 50 enrolled

possibly 53-56 i think

Does anyone know if they send out more interviews as they review applications?...or was it just the big lump of interview offers sent out at the beginning of September?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they send out more interviews as they review applications?...or was it just the big lump of interview offers sent out at the beginning of September?
No more interviews will go out pre-December for in-state students as I believe. You might hear back about an interview post dec but just a heads up normally only 2-6 in-state students pass up a Dec acceptance offer here... What are your stats and when did you apply?

have received/under review status on aadsas. are they going to invite more oos applicants post-dec?

Last edited:
submitted secondary in october and have received/under review status on aadsas. are they going to invite more oos applicants post-dec?
They said they prefer if they don't have to do more interviews. It seems as if they only do post-dec ones on an as-needed basis

When do the OOS applicants start getting their interview invites?

When? I did not get mines yet and I am OOS. Does that mean I am in bad shape?
there are no more OOS interview dates left. I received interview invitation a week ago. other october dates have been taken. These are for Non-Residents – September 30, October 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 24, 31

there are no more OOS interview dates left. I received interview invitation a week ago. other october dates have been taken. These are for Non-Residents – September 30, October 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 24, 31
So what is next for me? My application status still now says "Received/Under Review."

hey guys. does anyone who's been to an interview know how the 4 interviewer station thing goes? Is it like an MMI?

hey guys. does anyone who's been to an interview know how the 4 interviewer station thing goes? Is it like an MMI?

It's not like MMI at all. All of the interviewers ask you different types of personal questions like a standard interview but you just have to go fast! Some expected more than others. It's open file so they've already reviewed your app. I thought it was very conversational.

It's not like MMI at all. All of the interviewers ask you different types of personal questions like a standard interview but you just have to go fast! Some expected more than others. It's open file so they've already reviewed your app. I thought it was very conversational.
Were the questions the same as the ones on the interview feedback page here on sdn? Someone at the school told me they were wanting to change the questions for this cycle, but it wasn't a sure thing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Were the questions the same as the ones on the interview feedback page here on sdn? Someone at the school told me they were wanting to change the questions for this cycle, but it wasn't a sure thing.

In my opinion, you should not be asking what the interview questions are. Just prepare with the resources available.

when was the last time someone got invited for an interview? when is the possible next day they email invitations? This process is taking foreverrrrrr.... :(

when was the last time someone got invited for an interview? when is the possible next day they email invitations? This process is taking foreverrrrrr.... :(

It is unlikely that they will send out more interviews. They will have completed all their OOS interviews tomorrow and conduct IS in November. Decisions will be made after that. They said they like to keep it within the applicants they interviewed.

Always keep faith!! Situations and opportunities can open up, and you can hear back from them! They have until april to form a class, so there is a chance they send more out!

It is unlikely that they will send out more interviews. They will have completed all their OOS interviews tomorrow and conduct IS in November. Decisions will be made after that. They said they like to keep it within the applicants they interviewed.

Always keep faith!! Situations and opportunities can open up, and you can hear back from them! They have until april to form a class, so there is a chance they send more out!
Is Marquette going to send additional interview offers for January and February?

Is Marquette going to send additional interview offers for January and February?

Definitely for January. Guarantee it, director of admissions told me himself! It has also occurred in previous years as well. HAVE FAITH PEOPLE!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Definitely for January. Guarantee it, director of admissions told me himself! It has also occurred in previous years as well. HAVE FAITH PEOPLE!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes, he was very very transparent about the application process. Great guy!!! Genuinely found him fun to talk to and passionate about Marquette.

In my opinion, you should not be asking what the interview questions are. Just prepare with the resources available.
You're right. I guess I just wanted to know if he was pulling my leg, but I guess it doesn't matter and I'll find out next week.

You're right. I guess I just wanted to know if he was pulling my leg, but I guess it doesn't matter and I'll find out next week.

Marquette frequently changes their interview questions. However, I wouldn't expect anything too far out of left field.

Will Marquette Dental School accept an undergrad below a 3.0 and a masters above a 3.o?

Will Marquette Dental School accept an undergrad below a 3.0 and a masters above a 3.o?

It really is tough to say until you get an interview. It really seems like if they interview you they want the people from that pool. Don't be discouraged!! Anything can happen.

Don't worry too much about the interview at Marquette. When they ask you questions, just think and answer them to the best of your abilities. They just want to get to know you more beyond your application.

It really is tough to say until you get an interview. It really seems like if they interview you they want the people from that pool. Don't be discouraged!! Anything can happen.
With my stats is it possible for me to get an interview at Marquette?

With my stats is it possible for me to get an interview at Marquette?

For this cycle, I dont think so. I think they have conducted and set 99% of their interviews for this cycle. You may have to wait it out, or wait until next year. I am not on their committee so I can not speak for them and my word is not 100%, i am going based of what they said.

Also, include a statement about your academics in your PS they did say they read them! So you get a chance to show your growth or experience in your academics.

I actually felt they were knowledgeable on my application cause they brought up some specifics.

For this cycle, I dont think so. I think they have conducted and set 99% of their interviews for this cycle. You may have to wait it out, or wait until next year. I am not on their committee so I can not speak for them and my word is not 100%, i am going based of what they said.

Also, include a statement about your academics in your PS they did say they read them! So you get a chance to show your growth or experience in your academics.

I actually felt they were knowledgeable on my application cause they brought up some specifics.

Cassie Stewart the assistant directors of admissions told me that they will offer additional interviews in January and February. I got an email regarding that like a week ago.

Cassie Stewart the assistant directors of admissions told me that they will offer additional interviews in January and February. I got an email regarding that like a week ago.

Thats great news then!