****The Official Louisville Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been accepted! It's my first school, I'm going to be a dentist!! I interviewed last week.:clap:

Dat: 20 aa, 21 oc, 21gc, 19b, 18q, 23rc, 20pat,
GPA:3.76 total, 3.8 sci, non traditional student, masters, lots and lots of research, applied mid August

Congrats! When were you notified?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me some advice regarding the interview? I have my interview day coming up soon. Thanks in advanced!

Can anyone give me some advice regarding the interview? I have my interview day coming up soon. Thanks in advanced!
I don’t know how big your group will be but you start out in a general presentation and opening remarks, then you break off into smaller groups. From there you interview with two different faculty members for one on interviews. Very laid back, they just really want to get to know you. After that you have a lunch and get to speak to a D3 which is cool. Really laid back, honestly. Nice people

Reactions: 4 users
Mine is 2/5! It's my first interview, so I'm nervous, but I'm super excited.

Reactions: 7 users
Got the call about 30 minutes ago! Accepted IS off NTBC list!!!!!

(She said she had 3 more calls to make from NTBC so good luck y'all!!!)

Reactions: 8 users

If you miss a call they don’t say “well that’s too bad, let’s move to the next one on the list and I hope they get in somewhere,” right? They leave a voicemail don’t they?

If you miss a call they don’t say “well that’s too bad, let’s move to the next one on the list and I hope they get in somewhere,” right? They leave a voicemail don’t they?
I would assume so? I think it would be pretty lame if they did that so I doubt it

Does anyone know if Louisville has more interview dates, or are they finished?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted. Super excited!!!!

Got the call on the 17th! Didn't even know what to say on the phone.

Reactions: 6 users
I just got an interview invite for 02/05 but I had to hold my excitement: Would UoL accept my D+ in Microbiology?

I just got an interview invite for 02/05 but I had to hold my excitement: Would UoL accept my D+ in Microbiology?

According to their website, Microbiology isn't a prereq. If you retook the class and received a higher grade, I'm sure it's fine. Also, I think they would've at least looked at your courses taken / grades prior to sending out that interview invite. So I'm sure they looked beyond that class.

Was this in your most recent semester?
According to their website, Microbiology isn't a prereq. If you retook the class and received a higher grade, I'm sure it's fine. Also, I think they would've at least looked at your courses taken / grades prior to sending out that interview invite. So I'm sure they looked beyond that class.
It was during Fall 2017. My current GPA is a 3.6 and my DAT scores are 23 AA and 23 TS.

It was during Fall 2017. My current GPA is a 3.6 and my DAT scores are 23 AA and 23 TS.
It doesn’t look “good” but you have great DAT scores and a competitive GPA. I got a C+ in biochemistry the semester before I applied last year and they really browbeat me about it but your numbers are better than mine

It doesn’t look “good” but you have great DAT scores and a competitive GPA. I got a C+ in biochemistry the semester before I applied last year and they really browbeat me about it but your numbers are better than mine

From my interview day, they said that after you get the interview, it means your marks are good enough and that it’s based on your ‘fit’ and how they liked your interview.

Does anyone know when we will hear back from them? I interviewed this Monday.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks a lot for your response

What are your stats, if you dont mind posting them ?

I heard somewhere that majority of people get in off waitlist so there is still a good chance for you all!

I heard somewhere that majority of people get in off waitlist so there is still a good chance for you all!
I appreciate the encouragement! I think we all could use it

I applied back in July & retook the DAT in November. I've yet to receive any word regarding an interview or rejection. (20 AA & 3.7 GPA)

Anyone here have any insight to where I may stand?

I applied back in July & retook the DAT in November. I've yet to receive any word regarding an interview or rejection. (20 AA & 3.7 GPA)

Anyone here have any insight to where I may stand?
Did they acknowledge the update to your application? I would send an update letter ASAP letting them know that you improved X scores and took X classes and are still VERY interested in their program. I would send it ASAP incase they are stopping interviews soon.

Just got an interview invite here. Does anyone know if you can get IS tuition after your first year?

Just got an interview invite here. Does anyone know if you can get IS tuition after your first year?
nope, you can't. out of staters need to sign a form that says they acknowledge they're locked into the out of state price for all four years

Just got invited for an interview here!! I'm OOS (MI resident), 3.3sGPA and 3.5oGPA, 20AA.

The only date offered was February 5th--hoping to see some of you there!

Reactions: 3 users
anyone know when we will hear back from last mondays interview day

Well... it was an extremely tough decision.... but I have decided to decline my offer of acceptance into the class of 2022 at ULSD. I sincerely hope it goes to one of you guys still on the wait-list or if you just interviewed! :) Louisville is an absolutely wonderful school, but for me... it came down to finances and location (I'm OOS). I wish you all the very, very best of luck and also to those who will be attending!!

Reactions: 8 users
I just got an interview for Feb 12th and was told it’s the last date for interviews. Im OOS!

Reactions: 4 users
How many people are generally at each interview? And what is the general set up like?

How many people are generally at each interview? And what is the general set up like?
There were about 30 students at my interview, they broke us up into two groups, one group went and did the tour/information sessions and the other group did their interviews and then we switched. You're interviewed by two people, sometimes it was two professors but occasionally it's been a professor and a student. You are interviewed one on one. One of the interviewers will have read your personal statement (but nothing else) and the other will only know your name. I believe you get about 30 minutes for each interview. There's also a lunch portion where you get to eat with a D3/D4 and ask questions.

Accepted to MWU-AZ! ill call to let U of L know tomorrow, maybe it can help someone off the OS waitlist. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get asked to explain their grades at their interview? What grades were you asked about and what response did you have?

Would they ask about a C or 2? Including one class that I repeated and did much better in?

I’ve never been asked in an interview about my grades but I did see people in earlier posts saying UofL does pretty often.

Anyone debating between KU and UofL? Child you please tell me what you think the pros and cons of each school are?

You mean KY? I am debating so hard between UK and UL..driving me insane. If anybody would like to help me weigh the pros and cons of each school message me!

Did anyone get asked to explain their grades at their interview? What grades were you asked about and what response did you have?

Would they ask about a C or 2? Including one class that I repeated and did much better in?

I’ve never been asked in an interview about my grades but I did see people in earlier posts saying UofL does pretty often.
They probably wouldn't ask unless it's in your PS. One interviewer has only read your PS and the other hasn't seen your application at all. I wasn't specifically asked about my grades, but I was asked "is there anything in your application that you'd me to discuss at the admissions meet?" (or something) and I had a couple C's in some freshman/sophomore courses and a lower PAT score, so I did bring that up and just said with my grades you could see an upward trend, and assured them that I was well prepared to enter and thrive in dental school for x,y,z reasons.

Anybody from the 02/05 interview get any calls back yet? :) Just curious.

You mean KY? I am debating so hard between UK and UL..driving me insane. If anybody would like to help me weigh the pros and cons of each school message me!
Have you been accepted to both?

Yes, i have been accepted to both. Having a hard time making a choice.
UofL is a higher ranked dental school(12th in the nation I believe) has brand new facilities and allows for rotations in specialities once your are D3/D4. UK had a smaller class size and is finishing up renovations currently. I’m not sure if UK does rotations in specialties. Both are doing digital dentistry!
I have been accepted at UofL and I was put on the wait list at Uk today from the alternate list. Currently 6 people on that list for IS.

For those of you choosing between UK and UofL. I went with UofL because its facilities were much better and more diverse (had stuff UK didn't have). UofL also appeared to be the more complete program. Research isn't everything but it does mean something and I don't remember the exact numbers but UofL gets a couple million in funding a year whereas UK gets couple hundred thousand. Personally I also much prefer life I Louisville over Lexington. I do have this feeling that UK students are less stressed though because I've heard the curriculum at UofL is very intense. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though because it may help you with boards and make you a better overall dentist. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone factored any of UL's current events into their choice? (various scandals, the financial troubles?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone that interviewed on 2-05-2018 receive an email or phone call regarding acceptance?

No I’m not too concerned with those issues. The dental school and it’s members are great in my mind!
My concern is more about the possible lack of funding opportunities these scandals create. I have no doubts about the faculty members and ULSD, but I do worry that it will decrease scholarship opportunity. I'm also not sure how the state budget cuts affect the dental school but it does seem like Governor Bevin has it out for UL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.