****The Official Louisville Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all applicants who got accepted into UofL and are deciding between UofL and a different school, I would say to not go with Louisville ! (I'm waiting to hear back from my interview, I'm a little biased) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
My concern is more about the possible lack of funding opportunities these scandals create. I have no doubts about the faculty members and ULSD, but I do worry that it will decrease scholarship opportunity. I'm also not sure how the state budget cuts affect the dental school but it does seem like Governor Bevin has it out for UL.
I understand what you’re saying. And those issues are concerning.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Fellow OOS-ers, what kind of OOS specific questions did you get?
I'm from Ohio, the only questions I got that were about OOS as far as I can remember were: "Why dentistry and why this school?" and "How was the drive? Where are you coming from?"

My interviewers didn't really ask a lot of questions about me being OOS--and I don't see why they would. Maybe I'm wrong?

So is it true that 50 student did not graduate on time for the most recent graduating class??

I'm from Ohio, the only questions I got that were about OOS as far as I can remember were: "Why dentistry and why this school?" and "How was the drive? Where are you coming from?"

My interviewers didn't really ask a lot of questions about me being OOS--and I don't see why they would. Maybe I'm wrong?
I was just wondering! This is my first OOS interview so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but that’s super helpful! Thanks so much :)

My concern is more about the possible lack of funding opportunities these scandals create. I have no doubts about the faculty members and ULSD, but I do worry that it will decrease scholarship opportunity. I'm also not sure how the state budget cuts affect the dental school but it does seem like Governor Bevin has it out for UL.

From my understanding, professional schools don’t get very much funding from the state. Many of the scholarships offered are from alumni contributions, so I doubt that Gov. Bevin’s vendetta will have much affect on ULSD.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh! my gosh! This is so real! I got accepted to ULSD. I had my interview yesterday, which got over by 2 pm and I got my acceptance call @ 4:24 pm with e-mail @ 4:27 pm. :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Oh! my gosh! This is so real! I got accepted to ULSD. I had my interview yesterday, which got over by 2 pm and I got my acceptance call @ 4:24 pm with e-mail @ 4:27 pm. :soexcited:
Congrats. Stats?

That's awesome!! How many days did they give you to accept or decline the offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 2/5, got an email today that I'm waitlisted :/

Yep same. Interviewed on 2/5 and im waitlisted. OOS
On 2/5, I can’t say if I remember anyone there being from Kentucky tbh

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on 2/12. OOS.
I just received the NTBC email.
The email seems very optimistic.

NTBC, OOS. Chins up people :)

Interviewed 2/5 OOS (Maryland).
Also on the NTBC list. I’m having second thoughts because I’ll have to pay OOS tuition for all four years (~75k x 4 is 300k) and that’s a lot of debt...
How do you guys plan on dealing with that?

Interviewed 2/5 OOS (Maryland).
Also on the NTBC list. I’m having second thoughts because I’ll have to pay OOS tuition for all four years (~75k x 4 is 300k) and that’s a lot of debt...
How do you guys plan on dealing with that?

With a lot of schools charging $400k+ for tuition, a lot of people still insist that Louisville is actually one of the cheaper OOS schools lol

Looking at how most of the people who interviewed on 2/5 and 2/12 got waitlisted, I get the feeling that their class was already full and they were just interviewing for spots on the waitlist tbh :/

Looking at how most of the people who interviewed on 2/5 and 2/12 got waitlisted, I get the feeling that their class was already full and they were just interviewing for spots on the waitlist tbh :/
I interviewed in November and I am still on the NTBC list. OOS

Interviewed 2/5 and got accepted today at 11:45!! OOS

Reactions: 4 users
Declined my spot, best of luck to whichever KY resident gets it!!

For those planning on attending, how are you going about finding housing/roommates? Not sure how to approach this..

For those planning on attending, how are you going about finding housing/roommates? Not sure how to approach this..

The Facebook group has a document you can edit and post to the message board.

Got the call yesterday morning! Proud to say I received my acceptance offer from ULSD! Can’t wait to be in Louisville!

Reactions: 6 users
Not sure if this has been answered already or not, but the Facebook group has 240 people on it. Isn’t the class size only 120 or how does that work?

Not sure if this has been answered already or not, but the Facebook group has 240 people on it. Isn’t the class size only 120 or how does that work?

there are a bunch of random people and upperclassmen promoting their apartments for referrals in that group. lol it's not restricted to just the incoming class

Does anybody have the actual name of the FB group or maybe a link? I can only find one with about 40 members. Trying to find out a little more about possible roommate situations. Also, anybody else have issues with their blackboard setup?

Officially declined my offer of acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you soon! I am OOS

How did you find the roster? I’ve tried and tried lol
I'm unsure, but my best guess is that Carlsaganlvr10 was accepted into Louisville and checked the roster through the school's Blackboard, which is only open to admitted students for the Class of 2022. So for instance, if the class size is suppose to be 120, and the Blackboard shows a total of 100 registered members, then that would mean that the Louisville SofD still has roughly 20 open spots (spots in which the Admissions Committee is putting a lot of thought into, I presume ! :) ).

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist, I'm also on it as well.

I'm unsure, but my best guess is that Carlsaganlvr10 was accepted into Louisville and checked the roster through the school's Blackboard, which is only open to admitted students for the Class of 2022. So for instance, if the class size is suppose to be 120, and the Blackboard shows a total of 100 registered members, then that would mean that the Louisville SofD still has roughly 20 open spots (spots in which the Admissions Committee is putting a lot of thought into, I presume ! :) ).

Looks like there 17 spots. Hoping you get off the waitlist!!

Last edited:
I was wondering, generally, how many days it takes to get the enrollment confirmation e-mail after accepting the offer.

I wonder if some students have got accepted but just haven't registered for a Blackboard account

It seems that after you officially accept their offer, your name shows up on the roster. I have a friend that was accepted last week and accepted the offer the same day, his name is already on the roster. This is speculation on my part since I only know of one case.

yea i have been admitted as well, i just couldn't ever figure out how to find that. i finally did though!

Status
Not open for further replies.