****The Official Louisville Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should be fine. Just fill it out and have it sent. It may take longer for them to give you your loan package and such.
Okay thank you so much!!!! I’ve been panicking for the last few hours

Members don't see this ad.

What type of clothing are the D1 students expected to wear?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if the class is full? Possibly through blackboard? Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else on the waitlist get that email about still being an active applicant to the school?

Reactions: 2 users
took myself off the NTBC list! Good luck to those waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Has there been any movement today? I assumed they were going to make the final calls either today or tomorrow

I was told all the spots in the class are filled, but once a spot becomes available they will reevaluate the applications on the waitlist and then make their calls.

I was told all the spots in the class are filled, but once a spot becomes available they will reevaluate the applications on the waitlist and then make their calls.
Did you call today?

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked to get off the NTBC list. Good luck!!

Has anybody gotten off the NTBC list recently or heard anything?

Just got the call this morning! Accepted of the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
So has there been any more movement?

Just got the call this morning! Accepted of the waitlist!
Hey before you got accepted, did you do anything beforehand like call them or update your grades? Just curious

Question for those who’ve been in a similar situation or who are current ULSD students: I just got off the waitlist today at my top choice instate school (and my alma mater). I thought I was set on Louisville, but now that I’m comparing prices especially, I’m leaning a little towards my instate school. That $74k tuition plus living costs is especially getting to me. Any advice? How much have you current students typically taken out in student loans?

Reactions: 2 users
Also a follow up question: what’s your general feel towards ULSD? Any regrets? Positive experiences/perks you can highlight?

Question for those who’ve been in a similar situation or who are current ULSD students: I just got off the waitlist today at my top choice instate school (and my alma mater). I thought I was set on Louisville, but now that I’m comparing prices especially, I’m leaning a little towards my instate school. That $74k tuition plus living costs is especially getting to me. Any advice? How much have you current students typically taken out in student loans?
Well as someone who is still on the waitlist at my top choice/insate school, I would choose to go to the school which is the cheapest since you will get the same degree anyway. Also, you mentioned that the school is your top choice as well as being in-state (so cheaper) and so I think you already have your answer lol

Also a follow up question: what’s your general feel towards ULSD? Any regrets? Positive experiences/perks you can highlight?
Everyone has an opinion but this is just mine. ULSD is a really great school with a very solid reputation and people everywhere definitely recognize it. Outstanding faculty especially in clinical and lab settings and everyone is willing to help out when needed and its really more of a team atmosphere as opposed to a more competitive one found in other schools. Majority of students that I know love the experience and are generally able to get into the specialty they want. I'm OOS but ULSD is definitely my dream school and I'm applying next year. My best buddy and mentor went there out of state and always raves to me how great the experience is. My friend was also able to get the in state tuition later on I think too! best of luck!

Hey before you got accepted, did you do anything beforehand like call them or update your grades? Just curious
Sorry for the late reply, but I did send an email with my updated grades and also that I started working as a dental assistant. They never replied to this email, so I'm not sure if it was helpful or not but it all worked out in the end!

Sorry for the late reply, but I did send an email with my updated grades and also that I started working as a dental assistant. They never replied to this email, so I'm not sure if it was helpful or not but it all worked out in the end!
No worries haha and thanks for the reply, I just got accepted off the waitlist at my first choice yesterday

Hi! So as sad as it makes me, Ive decided to give up my seat at Louisville and stay instate (just got off the waitlist at my top choice last week!!). Louisville is soooooo incredible though so I hope one of you gets my seat!

On another note, anyone know how to go about giving up my seat haha? Do I just email Diane Foster? Or what are the procedures?

Hi! So as sad as it makes me, Ive decided to give up my seat at Louisville and stay instate (just got off the waitlist at my top choice last week!!). Louisville is soooooo incredible though so I hope one of you gets my seat!

On another note, anyone know how to go about giving up my seat haha? Do I just email Diane Foster? Or what are the procedures?

I would call student affairs and ask to speak to Diane or just tell them over the phone. You could also email them. Happy that you got into your first choice, state school! But, sad that we won't be classmates.

Congrats on getting accepted in-state! Each seat I see opening up gives me hope that I will get off the waiting list soon!

Accepted to Louisville yesterday! Thanks to whoever gave up that seat!

Any movements? I have a question to those of you who got accepted. Is final roster of class of 2022 at UofL all filled? how many spots are remaining? Thank you in advance

Has anyone started the modules on financial aid? I can't find them on the salt website... I made an account. When I click on Lessons it says the page is missing. I'm trying not to bug the school about it. If any of you could help me, that'd be awesome :)

Any movements? I have a question to those of you who got accepted. Is final roster of class of 2022 at UofL all filled? how many spots are remaining? Thank you in advance

I just checked and there are 116 on the roster.

Has anyone started the modules on financial aid? I can't find them on the salt website... I made an account. When I click on Lessons it says the page is missing. I'm trying not to bug the school about it. If any of you could help me, that'd be awesome :)
I haven’t logged on today but I did this past Thursday and started the lesson. It worked fine for me then.

I just checked and there are 116 on the roster.
Thank you! I got accepted to two other schools and both of their programs start on the first week of July and I don’t know whether I should wait for the UofL or not.. I have been waitlisted for 4 months. I mean the UofL is my number one choice. I have sent several letters of intent, called student affair office and informed them I am still interested in UofL dmd program. Any advice?

Last edited:
I had the same problem. I think it may be because you registered for UofL school of dentistry rather than just UofL. Try going to settings and change the registration.

Does anyone know when we will hear from financial aid department?

To everyone who has gotten accepted here and will be attending UofL in August. I just posted on the facebook page that I am starting a GroupMe for our class! Go on there to check out how to be added. Can't wait to start meeting you guys before school officially starts!

Thanks!

Last edited:
For all that interviewed, keep your head up. According to ADEA's book...

57 of 81 in-state received offers - 70.4%
233 of 286 o-state received offers - 81.5%

Dec.1st is only the initial offers - ~40 IS/80 OS
If you interviewed before Dec. 1st but were placed on NTBC list, I would say there's a very good chance you'll still be accepted
I know this is a year late, and I've been keeping up with the 2023 class page as well because I was an applicant this year. But can you expand more on what this means? I am currently on the NTBC list and obviously looking for as much reassurance as possible. Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.