The Official July 2nd 2013 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Francium87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who's writing the MCAT on July 2nd is welcome to post any of your thoughts, prep material in use or anything you guys think about the exam

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC Average: 37 (12/12/13)
AAMC 10/11 Average: 37 (11.5/11.5/14)
Post-test prediction: meaningless, didn't do one
Actual: 36 (12/12/12)

Did better than I had expected!
Scored a 10-10-10 for a total of 30!

Hopefully medical schools like the well-roundedness of the scores ;)

on to secondaries... or not hehe

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I was averaging 30's on my practice exams.

Ended with a 27. PS: 8, VR: 10, BS: 9

A little dissapointed, but luckily my instate school has a reputation of accepting students with even lower scores.

Hi guys! Been reading forever but this is my first post. So terrified to check. Not gonna look until I get home from work :/

I knew the BS would be the death of me! KNEW IT! I think I'm gonna drown my sorrows in chocolate tonight.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, just joined!

AAMC practice test average: 33-34
AAMC practice test 10-11 average: 34
Post-test prediction: none
Actual (VR/PS/BS): 9/11/10 = 30

Honestly thought I did better, but I'm content for this cycle.

Got a 28. Verbal: 10 Bio: 10 PS:8

Its weird cause PS is my best subject and bio is my weakest.

Never did better than a 27 in practice exams so im a little relieved

Thanks. I'm just...really bummed right now.

Yup. I got 4 points below my AAMC 10-11 avg. Looking at it in perspective, it's certainly not the end of the world. Still have a shot to get in, and even if I don't, there's next year. It's just a shock to look and see that I'm now completely out of contention for half the schools I applied to. On a positive note, I'll be saving a lot of money on secondaries!

Time of study: 3 and a half weeks
AAMC avg: 20 (didn't have time for test 10 and 11)
Prediction: really bad, I was out of time and left 4 passages behind, didn't even managed to click random answers
Actual: 26

GPA is 3.9 so I guess I have a chance!

Last edited:
I still haven't been able to look, I have to pump myself up first. It seems like its all over the board vs. the AAMC average so far

Got a 28. Verbal: 10 Bio: 10 PS:8

Its weird cause PS is my best subject and bio is my weakest.

Never did better than a 27 in practice exams so im a little relieved

Exact same score, but PS is my weakest area. I will post more details later.

Wow!!!!! What a surpise!!

AAMC Average: 13/10/12 35
Post-prediction: 13/9/11 33
Actual: 15/11/12 38

Could not be any happier right now! Congrats to everyone who reached their goal and to those who didn't, don't give up, this test can be beaten!

Wow!!!!! What a surpise!!

AAMC Average: 13/10/12 35
Post-prediction: 13/9/11 33
Actual: 15/11/12 38

Could not be any happier right now! Congrats to everyone who reached their goal and to those who didn't, don't give up, this test can be beaten!

15 on that PS section!? You are an animal.

AAMC practice test average: 14/11/13 = 38
Kaplan practice test average: 14/12/14 = 40
AAMC practice test 11 average: 14/11/13 = 38
Post-test prediction: 11/8/12 = 31 (felt HORRIBLE!!!)
Actual (PS/VR/BS): 14/9/12 = 35

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

SO GLAD I RETOOK! Could have done better in verbal but WHO CARES!
SOOO RELIEVED!

Don't EVER void if you know you answered everything! I felt horrible when I took it and thought about voiding but I'm SO glad I didn't!

Last edited:
AAMC Tests: 34, 36, 37, 37, 38

Five years ago test day: 12P, 10V, 13B
7/2/13: 13P, 13V, 12B

Felt awful afterwards. FEELINGS ABOUT THE TEST AREN'T RELIABLE! Just wanted to put that out there. I took the test five years ago, felt awful still pulled out a 34. This time, felt awful, pulled out a 38. If you feel like canceling your scores on test day, all I can say is DON'T!

Last edited by a moderator:
AAMC # - VR/PS/BS - Total
AAMC 07 - 11/13/14 - 38
AAMC 08 - 11/14/13 - 38
AAMC 10 - 11/14/14 - 39
AAMC 11 - 11/13/12 - 36
Average - 11/13.5/13.25 - 37.75

Prediction: I thought I did well on PS and VR, and was expecting something around my AAMC average. Like a lot of other people, I thought BS was brutal. I felt like I did worse than I did on AAMC 11 BS, so I was expecting around an 11.

Actual: 13/12/14 - 39

I'm definitely happy with my VR score, and I'm pleasantly surprised by my BS score. I am a bit disappointed with my PS score, but I'm happy overall!

AAMC Average: 26.5
11/12: 26
Predicted: 25
Actual: 28 (9/10/9)

I am ecstatic right now. Congratulations to everyone, it's all over!

AAMC Average: 26.5
11/12: 26
Predicted: 25
Actual: 28 (9/10/9)

I am ecstatic right now. Congratulations to everyone, it's all over!

Ecstatic is nothing to describe how I feel too! 6 points above aamc's avg, plus I left around 30 questions blank! Imagine if I had 2 more minutes for some guessing...
Congrats everyone! :)

So happy to see everyone making amazing scores! :) still too scared to check mine, but hopefully seeing these encouraging posts will make me do so eventually. For those of you guys that might be a bit disappointed with your score, remember that there are people out there who would consider a score like yours a blessing.

This is my first time posting, I started following it after the test to see if others thought bio was hard.

The first time I took the MCAT was last August. My AAMC average was a shade over 29 and I never got lower than a 28. I scored a 26 on the actual test even though I thought it went well. Needless to say I was very bummed.

This year, after taking some helpful courses, I averaged 33 on practice tests. PS/VR/BS
AAMC #3: 12/9/10
AAMC#7: 10/8/12
AAMC#8: 12/13/13
AAMC#9: 12/11/10
AAMC#10: 10/10/13

After the test, I felt confident in PS, no clue on VR, and terrible about BS.

I finished with 13/11/09. 33

Two lessons:

If you did poorly, it could be you just didn't have it on that given day or something slipped you up. Don't get too down about it just keep working hard.

If you felt really bad about a particular section, do not get to worked up. Wait and see, things may not be as bad as you think.

Good luck to everyone I hope you all achieve your goals

If any future MCAT-takers or people waiting for their scores are browsing this thread, absolutely do not worry if you walk out of the testing center feeling like you bombed it. Trust your AAMC average and trust that if you know your stuff, anything that you had trouble with was difficult for everyone else too. I came out feeling like I was destroyed by the BS, but it ended up being my highest section and I scored just above my AAMC average.

15 on that PS section!? You are an animal.

here is a hint:
Those that post scores that have only 2 - 10 posts, dont pay it any attention. You will find that they are posting scores like 38 39 40 etc... Just look at the posts then if it is not a lot of posting then scroll down and ignore it lol.

here is a hint:
Those that post scores that have only 2 - 10 posts, dont pay it any attention. You will find that they are posting scores like 38 39 40 etc... Just look at the posts then if it is not a lot of posting then scroll down and ignore it lol.

I mean, several hundred people score in the forties each year...

Can anyone tell me if I should even bother continuing to apply this cycle?

I got a 27 with a cGPA of 3.92.

My primary list was

Duke
GWU
Georgetown
Drexel
Johns Hopkins (lol)
Loma Linda
Jefferson
Marshall
More house
Penn state
Temple
Commonwealth
UNC
UPITT
UVA
wake forest.

View attachment 24667
here is a hint:

There's no incentive on here to lie. Just because I don't post that often doesn't mean I'm going make up a fake MCAT score.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if I should even bother continuing to apply this cycle?

I got a 27 with a cGPA of 3.92.

My primary list was

Duke
GWU
Georgetown
Drexel
Johns Hopkins (lol)
Loma Linda
Jefferson
Marshall
More house
Penn state
Temple
Commonwealth
UNC
UPITT
UVA
wake forest.
dude you have a solid gpa. i would count out almost all top tier md programs but id still give drexel and temple a shot. also idk if you are applying DO, but you would have a solid shot for those programs.

I'm so happy right now!!!
AAMC AVG: 12/10/12.5
Prediction: Much lower LOL
Actual: 12/10/12 : 34
Sat right in my average!! Phew.. Now I can apply to my top school!!

For all of you that did well on this test Congrats!!! Please post your study study methods and strategies on the 30+ thread so that all of us can benefit from it. Thank you.

I mean, several hundred people score in the forties each year...

I don't doubt the validity of those 40+ scores, but when a poster posts nothing but his score and his posting history is all but non existent, it seems to me that that poster really just wants to boast about his score without providing any helpful advice, tips, or insights.