The Official July 2nd 2013 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Francium87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who's writing the MCAT on July 2nd is welcome to post any of your thoughts, prep material in use or anything you guys think about the exam

Members don't see this ad.

I think I'm going to have one of my friends look and tell me my VR, then BR, then PS score. I don't think I have it in me to look at the cumulative right away.

Here here! What a nerve wracking process... My first little boy might come on Tuesday so hopefully that keeps my mind and nerves occupied!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's the final countdown!!!!

The more I think about getting scores tomorrow, the more I think about the fact that I guessed at wayyyy too many to get a decent score...

Same here :(
I wish tomorrow is going to be a good day for everyone. Less than 24hrs now!!!

I've been hearing that the scores come out around 3pm? Is that correct?

Good luck ya'll! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! I have full faith.
And then crossing my fingers for myself next week. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, the time is almost here. I really need a good score to help my not-so-good ECs. Good luck everybody!

I've been hearing that the scores come out around 3pm? Is that correct?

Just looking at the past exams: 4/26 and 4/27 exams had their first posts at ~6:15 PM EST (not clear if SDN was down or if the scores came out at that time); 5/11, 5/18, 5/30, and 6/20 exam scores came out ~3-3:15 PM EST. Officially AAMC says they'll post after 5 PM EST but looking at recent trends they may post around 3-3:15 PM EST.

Just looking at the past exams: 4/26 and 4/27 exams had their first posts at ~6:15 PM EST (not clear if SDN was down or if the scores came out at that time); 5/11, 5/18, 5/30, and 6/20 exam scores came out ~3-3:15 PM EST. Officially AAMC says they'll post after 5 PM EST but looking at recent trends they may post around 3-3:15 PM EST.

I'm pretty sure that when 4/26 and 4/27 came out, SDN was down. I would expect they scores to come out somewhere around 3 PM EST.

So nervous. Today was a trainwreck-I was so anxious. I finally managed to calm down these past few hours, but now I feel it coming on again.

My plan is to fall asleep as late as possible tonight so that I can wake up right when scores are out.

Good luck to everybody else!

Good luck to you all. I chickened out and voided by exam last Friday, so I'm stuck studying until September. :(

I got a similar one! And that night for the first time since the test, I had a dream about my scores. In my dream I was actually dreaming thay i got the score I wanted and was estatic only to wake up and discover that I was dreaming. Then I really woke up. Weird things the MCAT will do to you, a drean within a dream! Lol!

Last time I took the MCAT - I kid you not - I woke up remembering "8/9/12" and that's EXACTLY what I ended up getting on the actual thing. In that exact order and everything. Freaked me the ffffff out haha. So this whole time I've been paranoid that I'll dream my score again... I've had two score-related dreams and they've both been different so now it's tormenting me even more. >> One night I dreamed "27" and almost had a panic attack, then a couple nights later I dreamed "0/12/13" and almost had a heart attack because that would mean I got a 0 in VR... but then realized that wasn't possible cause the lowest section score is a 1. :p So I'm reeeeeeally hoping that "0" is actually a "10" and I'm right this time haha.

Just got the trial section email (59% puts me in top quarter for the biochemistry section? That's kind of sad hahaha), Amazon gift card code included. Now if we could only get our MCAT scores NOW, so much anticipation. Bad or good news (pleasssse good news), I want to know already!

That's exactly what I got haha. I started off putting effort into it, then by like the third passage I said screw it and just skimmed and clicked the most reasonable-sounding answers. :p

Last edited:
My brain was so fried by that point, I just chose C for every answer. I hope I still get the 30$ Amazon card! Haha

Well, now that the wife and I have learned the suspenseful news from the Bachelorette season finale, I am ready for my MCAT score... hahaha not! I have some junk food on hand for tomorrow to drown my sorrows after I read my scores.

I believe im more nervous now than when i took the exam. I think i will be panicking when i sign in to aamc tomorrow at 5, i might just wait until 7 so i know for sure my score is up.

by the way i hate amcas, verification is taking forever. I already have an entire list of low mcat med schools ready so lets do this!

Goodluck guys! Don't forget to post your thoughts, predictions, AAMC avg, and actual score!!!

I have both been dreading and looking forward to today!

I know that the scores won't come out until later this afternoon, but I still had to log in just to see " No Scores Yet".

It is going to be a long day. Luckily, I will have a busy day at work.

Good luck everyone!

I don't understand why it takes as long to score these MCATS w/o a writing section, as it did to score my last MCAT which had a writing section... you'd think that quicken it up a little bit.

Lets all give a round of applause to aamc, who took the full 35 days to grade a fully computerized exam. Bravo!

I wish all of you guys the very best of luck today with reaching the goal you've set for yourself! it's been a very long wait, hopefully it will pay off with everyone obtaining good scores! Here's to hoping all the hard work pays off in the end!

I can't believe it's only 11:13 am. I tried to stay up so late last night so that I wouldn't wake up until 3 pm lol. I still feel tired, but I'm too wired to go back to sleep. Also, I woke up with an email from Georgetown saying my application was pending since they haven't received my mcat scores, and I definitely thought they were telling me my mcat scores were too low to be considered. lol I really need this to be over with.

Woohooo, just about 4 more hours if it comes out early like it usually does!
Looking forward to hearing all the good news!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I pray you all do GREAT!

from my point of view, verbal part of mcat is hardest and it is very difficult to improve

I hope I can get 10