***The Official Harvard Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I did, and they give me three options.

Thanks for the info. I think if we haven't heard back by now we probably will not. They probably want to give folks a week or two to prepare for an interview and given that it's mid-way through February I am not expecting them to call anyone else for a February or even March interview.

Hey guys, I declined my acceptance today, so at least one spot opened up for someone on the wait list.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know anything about a waitlist yet?

Where did you decide to go?

UNC. I remember somebody on this thread joking about how they were declining Harvard to go to their state school, and was going to put their HSDM acceptance letter on their fridge to remind them of how far they'd come...I'll be doing just that lol.

Reactions: 5 users
How is the pre-clinical aspect of dentistry carried out at Harvard? For those that received an interview, did the dental students talk about how they felt regarding their hand skills? Thanks!

UNC. I remember somebody on this thread joking about how they were declining Harvard to go to their state school, and was going to put their HSDM acceptance letter on their fridge to remind them of how far they'd come...I'll be doing just that lol.
HAHAHAHA, that post was epic! A very nice school may I add.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I declined my acceptance today, so at least one spot opened up for someone on the wait list.
That's a very humble move. Nonetheless, UNC is a fantastic school to go attend.

I just want to congratulate you on your Harvard (and UNC!) acceptance. You have indeed gotten far, and as a soon to be dentist, I'm sure you'll get farther. Best of luck man!

That's a very humble move. Nonetheless, UNC is a fantastic school to go attend.

I just want to congratulate you on your Harvard (and UNC!) acceptance. You have indeed gotten far, and as a soon to be dentist, I'm sure you'll get farther. Best of luck man!

Thank you!

How is the pre-clinical aspect of dentistry carried out at Harvard? For those that received an interview, did the dental students talk about how they felt regarding their hand skills? Thanks!
I think the program is actually really good. They changed from 2 yrs med school, 2 yrs dental school to 1 yr med schoool, 3 yr dental school. (They changed the medical curriculum as well since med and dental are so intertwined there). It’s really cool the way their curriculum is set up: you focus on academics the first 2 years and then third year you really go hard at hand skills and rotations. D4 you do a 12 week externship in Boston which is longer than externships of many other dental schools. All students were aware that they started clinical training later than people at other schools. No one seemed concerned that they weren’t getting enough training in the end though. Any school you go to, it’s up to each student to get the sufficient training to prep you after 4 years. HSDM curriculum (despite some confusion on sdn) is really great, both academically and clinically.

Reactions: 2 users
I think the program is actually really good. They changed from 2 yrs med school, 2 yrs dental school to 1 yr med schoool, 3 yr dental school. (They changed the medical curriculum as well since med and dental are so intertwined there). It’s really cool the way their curriculum is set up: you focus on academics the first 2 years and then third year you really go hard at hand skills and rotations. D4 you do a 12 week externship in Boston which is longer than externships of many other dental schools. All students were aware that they started clinical training later than people at other schools. No one seemed concerned that they weren’t getting enough training in the end though. Any school you go to, it’s up to each student to get the sufficient training to prep you after 4 years. HSDM curriculum (despite some confusion on sdn) is really great, both academically and clinically.
Thank you for the information!

Thank you for the information. How do you prepare for the interview? Is the interview hard?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the information. How do you prepare for the interview? Is the interview hard?
It was laid back. Enjoyed it a ton. Use the student resource for interview feedback and know the main question answers

It was laid back. Enjoyed it a ton. Use the student resource for interview feedback and know the main question answers
Thank you very much. I am super nervous about that interview. Cause...it is Harvard

Thank you very much. I am super nervous about that interview. Cause...it is Harvard
everyone is very down to earth and friendly. no one that I met was stuck up in any way. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

For those already have an interview, is there word limit for the secondary application? Also, I already indicate nearly all my experience in AADSAS and my personal statement, do I still need to answer the last question(extra experience one)

Got an interview 3/9!!!

Reactions: 3 users
For those already have an interview, is there word limit for the secondary application? Also, I already indicate nearly all my experience in AADSAS and my personal statement, do I still need to answer the last question(extra experience one)

No, I don't think there's a word limit. I kept mine pretty short tho, about a paragraph per question. (mostly bc I did it the night bf and didn't know what to say lol). I didn't answer the optional question.

You mentioned in a previous post that you were super nervous for this interview. I would say that it's good to be nervous, but not any more anxious than you were for your other interviews. Don't be scared just bc of the name brand. The people at HSDM are human too, so just smile, crack some jokes and give good conversation. You can do it! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone who interviewed on 3/9 hear back yet? I haven't heard anything.

Did anyone who interviewed on 3/9 hear back yet? I haven't heard anything.
Accepted students just received their preliminary financial aid awards (scholarships/grants). So, there may be some movement within the next few weeks.

Those who have interviewed but have not received acceptance by mid-April will be put on a high priority wait list.

Best of luck to those who are waiting!

Still haven’t heard anything back. I emailed them and they said my application is still under review. Is it possible to still be accepted?

class already filled up?
From what I understand not just yet but getting there. Probably some movement from people that interviewed in the next 2 weeks then probably wait list. No idea about more interviews you’d have to call

Anyone know how full class is? Tried looking at the fb group but couldn’t get a good idea. Thanks!!

Got email class is full... on waitlist

sameee waitlist

got the Waitlist email as well, kinda figured after getting ghosted for almost 2 months.

I wish everyone good fortune wherever you end up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, high priority waitlist — but I gave up a loooong time ago ... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.