****The Official Columbia Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, and some people have gotten rejections via email. Columbia is the only school I haven't heard from thus far.
Lol me it’s UCLA, Boston, and Columbia. Interesting. I wonder if I’m gonna get rejected ever from these schools or just eternal silence

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just spoke to admissions, there is going to be more movement around April 1st.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol me it’s UCLA, Boston, and Columbia. Interesting. I wonder if I’m gonna get rejected ever from these schools or just eternal silence
Lol was just coming on here to see if anyone else hadn't heard a single thing from Columbia... Columbia and Creighton are the only schools that have stayed completely silent on me. No interview, no rejection, nothin'. At this point, whatever, but it's strange that there's literally nothing.

Lol was just coming on here to see if anyone else hadn't heard a single thing from Columbia... Columbia and Creighton are the only schools that have stayed completely silent on me. No interview, no rejection, nothin'. At this point, whatever, but it's strange that there's literally nothing.
Creighton was silent until I got an email about waitlist. I got off the list a few weeks ago. It’s so weird how some people don’t hear from some school. I have no idea why

I interviewed at the very first (9/15), then keeping silent. The one that keeps completely silent to me is Tufts lol. I didn’t even receive the receipt of application fee from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wha

what were your stats if you don’t mind me asking
3.85 GPA 22 AA / 24 TS / 22 PAT

Best of luck everyone who is still waiting! Keep in mind that AADSAS will release the names of the students who are holding multiple deposits on the 15th - schools will start hounding those same students to make their final decisions after that.

3.85 GPA 22 AA / 24 TS / 22 PAT

Best of luck everyone who is still waiting! Keep in mind that AADSAS will release the names of the students who are holding multiple deposits on the 15th - schools will start hounding those same students to make their final decisions after that.

Were you waitlisted and got accepted off of it? Or did you just not hear anything until now. Also, are you going to be accepting the offer? Lastly, how did you know about the April 15th date.

Anyone hear anything??

So it says on the website that waitlisted applicants are considered until April. Does this mean waitlisted applicants who have not heard back are pretty much out of the running at this point?

Last edited:
So it says on the website that waitlisted applicants are considered until April. Does this mean waitlisted applicants who have not heard back are pretty much out of the running at this point?
I dunno but she told me when I called that acceptances could well trickle out til July.

Does anyone know if there is a Class of 2022 groupme or facebook group? And if so, how many people are in it?

Just got accepted but will be turning down to go to Penn. I didn’t even get an email about being on the waitlist. Honestly was expecting to be rejected

For future purposes, I interviewed end of September and just got in April 24th at 12:32 MST.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
These questions are targeted at anyone who is/has ever been in the position where they're deciding between Stony dental and Columbia: What made you choose one over the other? Im seriously debating between the two and can't seem to make a decision. Apart from the apparent price difference, both schools seem to be integrate themselves with med school and leave the door open to specialize. Are there any selling points for either school that made it a no-brainer when choosing? Is there anything you wish you'd known before committing? I'd be very grateful for any input on this!!

Last edited:
These questions are targeted at anyone who is/has ever been in the position where they're deciding between Stony dental and Columbia: What made you choose one over the other? Im seriously debating between the two and can't seem to make a decision. Apart from the apparent price difference, both schools seem to be integrate themselves with med school and leave the door open to specialize. Are there any selling points for either school that made it a no-brainer when choosing? Is there anything you wish you'd known before committing? I'd be very grateful for any input on this!!

I am a long time lurker, but decided to make an account to give you some input.

I got into Columbia, Penn, Stony and Rutgers - all for dental. I ended up going to Stony. You are comparing Columbia and Stony, so I will only compare those two for you from my own experiences/perspective.

If you want a sense of community, and a lifestyle where you can destress from all of your work (trust me theres a lot of work in any school you go to), then I suggest Stony. I ended up choosing to go to Stony because of the tight knit community and the ability to get away from all the noise. Columbia is a great school, don't get me wrong, but you can't really destress there. You have a lot of "noise" because you are in the city. There really is no peace of mind. You are bombarded by social activities everywhere and it can become difficulty to keep up a general lifestyle there. Cost of living in NY is very high, food is expensive, etc. You want to minimize stress for the next 4-6 years. Stony was the only place for me to do that.

I hope that helps!

@ current students, did anyone in your class got accepted in July or August? Even a week or 2 before the orientation?

Hi everyone. Congratulations to all on their acceptance. I just got an interview invite to Columbia and I was hoping if someone can tell me what to expect interview-wise, like what type of interview is it and maybe what type of questions should I expect? Any help at all would very much be appreciated. Thank you!

school is/has been hitting the ****ter. $3 mil debt and if faculty lay-offs happen (lol considering we had 2 faculty for 80 students), it's gnna get wurse

you are right that these supposed financial troubles might be hearsay. However, saying a school is doing well financially because they build new buildings is false logic. The majority of the time new structures are built, they are paid for by large donations. When people give large donations, they decide where that money goes, it's not up to the school to decide where to allocate those resources. It's very common to have faculty layoffs and financial troubles with new buildings being built. Donors decide how their money should be spent, and schools are generally not in the habit of asking donors to consider using the money in other ways... just food for thought.

you are right that these supposed financial troubles might be hearsay. However, saying a school is doing well financially because they build new buildings is false logic. The majority of the time new structures are built, they are paid for by large donations. When people give large donations, they decide where that money goes, it's not up to the school to decide where to allocate those resources. It's very common to have faculty layoffs and financial troubles with new buildings being built. Donors decide how their money should be spent, and schools are generally not in the habit of asking donors to consider using the money in other ways... just food for thought.

True but I can say firsthand the idea we only have two faculty for 80 students is incorrect. Like not even close to being true.

Status
Not open for further replies.