****The Official Columbia Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Hi all,
Interview on Dec 2nd!
I'm very excited. Columbia is my top choice. Although I loved my interview UConn and that's $100k difference. Fingers crossed.

Any advice? Questions I should be ready for?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,
Interview on Dec 2nd!
I'm very excited. Columbia is my top choice. Although I loved my interview UConn and that's $100k difference. Fingers crossed.

Any advice? Questions I should be ready for?

Why Columbia over UConn?

Hi all,

I'm definitely a late applicant. My DAT scores only arrived at schools in late September. However, I did get a 25AA, 24 PAT, 3.58 GPA and a masters in Health Systems Engineering, so I am under the impression that my application is fairly strong. I haven't yet heard from Columbia, but I absolutely have my heart set on it. Should I be worried that I haven't heard yet? Any advice at what I can do at this point to help my chances at all??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why Columbia over UConn?

Living in NYC and having access to the resources at Columbia (research, externships, etc). Maybe it's not justified. I'll have to see when I go and interview.

UConn is very much my fit though. Come to think of it, I'd say they're both equal in my mind. I'll have to interview and get in first. Here's hoping!

Reactions: 1 user
Living in NYC and having access to the resources at Columbia (research, externships, etc). Maybe it's not justified. I'll have to see when I go and interview.

UConn is very much my fit though. Come to think of it, I'd say they're both equal in my mind. I'll have to interview and get in first. Here's hoping!

You know which way I want you to go :D
I hope we become classmates.

Good luck for Dec. 1!

We had some fun filming a Mannequin Challenge yesterday in preclinic! Good luck to all those eagerly waiting for Dec 1st!

Your classmate (holding the light blue thing) at 0:46-0:50 is blinking!!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm definitely a late applicant. My DAT scores only arrived at schools in late September. However, I did get a 25AA, 24 PAT, 3.58 GPA and a masters in Health Systems Engineering, so I am under the impression that my application is fairly strong. I haven't yet heard from Columbia, but I absolutely have my heart set on it. Should I be worried that I haven't heard yet? Any advice at what I can do at this point to help my chances at all??

Thanks!

not really, besides playing the wait game

anyone know how much the first deposit is for columbia?

If I'm remembering correctly, $2000. Then the second is $1000.

*Me when I hear the first deposit is $2000*

f3a2ae0d5eef71ab0dadda681c3c2bbe.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
it gets applied toward your tuition for first semester though so thats nice

Unrelated to tuition...do you happen to know when Columbia starts sending out their second wave of interview offers? I definitely missed first wave since I applied late, but from as far as I can tell, I think I have the scores and application worthy of at least an interview.

Unrelated to tuition...do you happen to know when Columbia starts sending out their second wave of interview offers? I definitely missed first wave since I applied late, but from as far as I can tell, I think I have the scores and application worthy of at least an interview.
They send out invites all the way into February, so don't lose hope!

This is an excellent program. P/F/H with class ranking into 3rds, a nice modular schedule, heavy emphasis on global externships, all combined with a biomedical curriculum make for an excellent education for any student interested in dentistry.

It would be nice if they updated the clinics, however.

This is an excellent program. P/F/H with class ranking into 3rds, a nice modular schedule, heavy emphasis on global externships, all combined with a biomedical curriculum make for an excellent education for any student interested in dentistry.

Agreed. Are you a current student there?

The clinics are being updated though. By the time I am a D3 there will be a brand new clinic on the 5th floor. I also think the preclinical lab is going to be updated, but that may be further down the line (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clinics are being updated. I think they mentioned it would be ready by our D2.

Interviewing in January with a 3.39 GPA and a 24AA/26TS. Anything is possible.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!!
They called.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!! phone call at 9:25 (Eastern) then email at 9:40!!!! The lady who called was SO NICE!!!! Good luck everyone keep your phones on!!!

ACCEPTED!!!!!! phone call at 9:25 (Eastern) then email at 9:40!!!! The lady who called was SO NICE!!!! Good luck everyone keep your phones on!!!
Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?

What's your initial? just wondering if they call alphabetically

Acceptance email at 9:40! And then I missed the phone call at 10... I'm going!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted 8:30 CST. Huge relief and glad its finally here! Now its decision time between dream school and state school...

Reactions: 5 users
do you guys think they are done calling people?

-

Last edited:
hello!

congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Im a D1 so if you have any questions about the school please dont hesitate to message me questions (have a pharmacology exam tomorrow so might take a day to respond)

@natedog if you are reading this, michigan is going to make playoffs over penn state

I got the call shortly after the initial email, they're probably doing this in batches. Hang tight guys.

hello!

congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Im a D1 so if you have any questions about the school please dont hesitate to message me questions (have a pharmacology exam tomorrow so might take a day to respond)

Likewise. I'm sure we'll have a facebook page set up for you guys soon!

I interviewed a week before thanksgiving and they told us they'll call us either the 1st, 2nd or 5th lmaoo. The anticipation is unreal

Has anyone gotten a call that interviewed in November?

I interviewed a week before thanksgiving and they told us they'll call us either the 1st, 2nd or 5th lmaoo. The anticipation is unreal

Oh good so we're all still in the game!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh good so we're all still in the game!

Forgot to preface that we were only told that because we met so close to the deadline of Dec 1st (and thanksgiving week literally followed our interview). I'm unsure whether the people that interviewed before us are subject to the same delay.

If I don't hear back in the next few days it's all good I guess. I had like three rounds at the interview buffet which was sweet.