****The Official Columbia Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

if you apply in the first couple of batches and don't get an interview invite (high stats i.e. DAT 23+) does that mean that you probably wont hear back from them? :(
I'm in the same boat... :(

Members don't see this ad.

Being real - I think our chances are slim to none if we submitting early and haven't heard back. They looked at our app and moved on. They CAN go back and retake a look, but chances are slim
I'm in the same boat... :([/QUOT

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same boat... :(
Being real - I think our chances are slim to none if we submitting early and haven't heard back. They looked at our app and moved on. They CAN go back and retake a look, but chances are slim

I submitted 7/31. Didn't get an interview offer until February. Don't count yourselves out, they do things their own way lol.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted 7/31. Didn't get an interview offer until February. Don't count yourselves out, they do things their own way lol.
That's the same time I submitted! Thanks, gives me hope :)

Dang, what's going on Columbia. This thread is dead.

Reactions: 3 users
I just found out about SDN so I'm not sure how it works, but I have an interview to Columbia on Oct. 7th as my first interview. Anyone else have one then or does anyone have any tips?

I just found out about SDN so I'm not sure how it works, but I have an interview to Columbia on Oct. 7th as my first interview. Anyone else have one then or does anyone have any tips?

Congrats on your interview! May I ask your mail out date and app complete date for columbia?

Anyone else just get an email from Columbia saying that they have received your application fee? This is the third, exact same email I have been sent from them. What does it mean, if anything??

Did anyone else get two confirmations of "Received Supplemental Fee"? I received one Aug 8 and one today lol. Would it be weird to call in and ask about it?

Did anyone else get two confirmations of "Received Supplemental Fee"? I received one Aug 8 and one today lol. Would it be weird to call in and ask about it?

Hahaha... I just called them to ask and I left a voicemail.. I guess everyone got the same email then lol..

Members don't see this ad :)
From the first email I received from them regarding the fee.

"This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status. We want to update everyone often, so you may receive this notification several times.

Thank you for your payment.

College of Dental Medicine
Admissions Office"

I imagine repeat fee emails are meaningless

DmGohfjmzPeq7JpO9qXo2It10zNnoZvegaVqs7oRfqZMgwH9xXSixO437wzm0RgR1M5rN44Mjbpt0D1ucPWJUhhQeWSVPMxSJT_UMdVwQP9rM0k7FbWe4TYpk26-J39oNiAFz63MT7YYx9KhQRuUZX-3Tu0jvGXOuADu0-9GJTYdz0umg688ornxQBgRTmAPj7FH-WpzLi_1Ei5j40Kc73EJvB9fjKrpnd4hzmRXaeROYvyP9KVK6BXaSvo4px1vrsQBylvYvjqXyv8KrvO-iRjGydzfpKEe1LR8HWt8G5zoVr8efFDa9kWtPNAEH3xFQakdGTULPzjhUeo1qTVgj5X1T9Ipc1U0Zt_F-pO8FJ52wFP2ptJUg42Nc1Lsk5e24wpPdz9EnhMBpFzrXNjXIcaUgTlFAMlPU79myJjV7Kv2xV-DbCDi4bWNhPSaCFVpS13Gh2znqbVGwqY9l2Xy6dtwS91M0HJL5Y5Kuzq_JoHizQrdJhFPf4bWTAQ4uHDJC1PPXCvqgNap4YsV2FJxR5gSYUw_juGFOSau9Ids60nXKAf8JHfbs52l-oTbnguvz58ATEYS1ZLGwxnUn4c5tL-60YxPEda191tpSblBFzuQJhvXlWmkzag=s0-d-e1-ft

From the first email I received from them regarding the fee.

"This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status. We want to update everyone often, so you may receive this notification several times.

Admissions Office"

I imagine repeat fee emails are meaningless

DmGohfjmzPeq7JpO9qXo2It10zNnoZvegaVqs7oRfqZMgwH9xXSixO437wzm0RgR1M5rN44Mjbpt0D1ucPWJUhhQeWSVPMxSJT_UMdVwQP9rM0k7FbWe4TYpk26-J39oNiAFz63MT7YYx9KhQRuUZX-3Tu0jvGXOuADu0-9GJTYdz0umg688ornxQBgRTmAPj7FH-WpzLi_1Ei5j40Kc73EJvB9fjKrpnd4hzmRXaeROYvyP9KVK6BXaSvo4px1vrsQBylvYvjqXyv8KrvO-iRjGydzfpKEe1LR8HWt8G5zoVr8efFDa9kWtPNAEH3xFQakdGTULPzjhUeo1qTVgj5X1T9Ipc1U0Zt_F-pO8FJ52wFP2ptJUg42Nc1Lsk5e24wpPdz9EnhMBpFzrXNjXIcaUgTlFAMlPU79myJjV7Kv2xV-DbCDi4bWNhPSaCFVpS13Gh2znqbVGwqY9l2Xy6dtwS91M0HJL5Y5Kuzq_JoHizQrdJhFPf4bWTAQ4uHDJC1PPXCvqgNap4YsV2FJxR5gSYUw_juGFOSau9Ids60nXKAf8JHfbs52l-oTbnguvz58ATEYS1ZLGwxnUn4c5tL-60YxPEda191tpSblBFzuQJhvXlWmkzag=s0-d-e1-ft
Ah, must've missed that lol. Thanks!

Has anyone who had their application mailed out AFTER 7/22 gotten their interviews from Columbia? (I got an Email saying my supplmental fee was received on 8/8). I'm patiently waiting, but I'm getting nervous!!

Had a mail out date of 7/15. Anyone receive interview from here on or after that date?

My application went under review on September 16, does this hurt my chances of getting in?

I just got an interview today, 9/27. My app was mailed out 7/1.

Reactions: 2 users
I also received an invite today! My application was mailed out 7/15 and completed 8/4

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone here receive an "application complete" notice (email) from the school?
I took my DAT after submitting my AADSAS application and the last email I received from the school was about the receipt of my AADSAS application on July 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Did anyone here receive an "application complete" notice (email) from the school?
I took my DAT after submitting my AADSAS application and the last email I received from the school was about the receipt of my AADSAS application on July 8th.

Last email I got from Columbia was about receiving my supplemental fee a couple weeks back:

"This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status.

Admissions Office"

Last email I got from Columbia was about receiving my supplemental fee a couple weeks back:

"This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status.

Admissions Office"

Does anyone know if there's another email after this? I.e. Something that's more or less means "application complete"?

Or do we take this as the app complete email?

Got an invite!!!!!! sooooooooo excited

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats guys! For those of you who got an invite, when were yall's mail out date? and when did yall get a supplemental confirmation email from Columbia?

Congrats guys! For those of you who got an invite, when were yall's mail out date? and when did yall get a supplemental confirmation email from Columbia?
Mail out date was 7/1. Supplemental confirmation was 6/30.

Got the invite today!

AADSAS mailed out 7/29

Mail out was 7/29.
Supplemental confirmation (the first one, at least) was 8/08.

Has anyone gotten the interview confirmation email?

I sent my date request yesterday and got a response from Diana Lugo 2 hours ago. Still waiting for her to send me instructions for the interview day though

Has anyone gotten the interview confirmation email?

No I haven't. I'm starting to worry but it seems like they sent out a lot of invites yesterday so they might be taking their time trying to arrange everyone with an interview date.

For everyone that got invites yesterday when are you interviewing??

Yeah got mine an hour ago or so. Sent the email yesterday afternoon.

Interviewing Oct 28

Just got the email! I'm scheduled for October 14th

They got booked really quick. I sent my email today and she said the earliest they have is nov 11th.

Are they pretty much done giving out pre-december interviews then? If the earliest they have is nov 11th..?

Are they pretty much done giving out pre-december interviews then? If the earliest they have is nov 11th..?

yup just got another email saying that nov 11th is now booked and nov 18th is the earliest. they've got the next few weeks after that blocked off as well... take home message is respond asap when you get an email

yup just got another email saying that nov 11th is now booked and nov 18th is the earliest. they've got the next few weeks after that blocked off as well... take home message is respond asap when you get an email

My mail out date was 7-22.. If they are done giving out pre-december interviews, I'm pretty much out of the game cause they skipped my application haha.. :')

Last edited:
Hmm.. I checked last year's thread, and a handful of people got their interviews in October. But knowing that pre-december interview spot for this year is already booked, I am kinda worried.

How strict is Columbia on 3 science LOR? I have 2 science LOR and 2 dentists.