****The Official Columbia Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Waitlisted as well!

Members don't see this ad.

So I guess it might be fair to assume all those who were not waitlisted today are either getting accepted or just rejected?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. I honestly think everybody got waitlisted

Reactions: 1 users
Same here. I honestly think everybody got waitlisted
I personally know of at least 3 people who got rejected yesterday. So it was either rejection or waitlist. Haven't heard of any acceptances.

I personally know of at least 3 people who got rejected yesterday. So it was either rejection or waitlist. Haven't heard of any acceptances.
Rejection with or without interview?

Rejected without interview via email 4/12

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the waitlist email last Wednesday, literally 2 months after interview ahaha, though I'm not accepting the alternate list spot because I've already put down a deposit at another school and signed a lease for an apartment! Best of luck to those accepting their alternate list spots! Would have loved to join y'all if this timeline were moved up 2 months

Reactions: 2 users
I've accepted the spot on the alternate list, but didn't receive any confirmation that the email I sent was received. Has anyone received a response? Just wondering.

I've accepted the spot on the alternate list, but didn't receive any confirmation that the email I sent was received. Has anyone received a response? Just wondering.
I haven't received a response either. Their admissions hardly ever responds to anything.

Reactions: 3 users
If you check ADEA AADSAS Portal, and go to school decision, it says waitlist.

Does anyone know if anyone has been accepted off the waitlist yet? I haven't heard of anyone yet, which I find weird since the April 1st deadline passed, meaning spots should very likely have opened up at that point.

I just spoke with Diana Lugo on the phone and she said the class is not yet filled but couldn't give me any sort of number for available seats. They will be pulling from the alternate list so everyone who hasn't been declined is still in the running.

Reactions: 9 users
Just got a confirmation of my request to be on the waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

such trolls with the misleading subject line and then the misspelled "continued". Thanks Columbia for the false optimism and the lack of care :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone here decided to not go to their state school for Columbia? Or decided on their state school despite hearing back from Columbia?

I had originally deposited at UF but since I recently heard back from Columbia, I'm really torn...

Anyone here decided to not go to their state school for Columbia? Or decided on their state school despite hearing back from Columbia?

I had originally deposited at UF but since I recently heard back from Columbia, I'm really torn...

Plenty of people do both, Go over the pros and cons. There are threads 50 pages long about this scenario.

Reactions: 4 users

I choose my state school over Columbia. Although, I was also torn for a while. Columbia was a really impressive school. For me price was the main deciding factor and the fact I really like the program at my state school.

Reactions: 4 users

That's a tough choice, UF is a very good school.

I am in a bit of a unique situation however in my case (as opposed to my @x0jessmariex3 ) I was not a fan of my state school. As @Likkriue said there are many threads on this subject with two schools of thought. I'll say that if you know you don't want to specialize/do academics/go into a career of research you really are better off going to UF. If you know you're interested in one of the three previous courses I mentioned, it becomes a debate of opportunity cost, something only you can figure out for yourself.

Regardless, congrats!

waitlisted people currently in college/just graduated- they haven't said anything about sending transcripts for this past spring semester... do we just send them with ATTN to Diana Lugo?

How important is biochemistry in the first year? I took Biochem over 5 yrs ago, and I am concerned about not having this knowledge as fresh as other students entering this year. I looked at the curriculum, and I did not see a specific biochem block, but I was wondering how in depth it is tested and when?

Hey nice user name!!!!!

Last edited: