*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Not sure why, but I feel more nervous about this interview than my other two. Can any one comment about the interview experience? Am I getting too worked up?

In general it's a very laid back interview, check out the rest of this thread and last years thread for more feedback. Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In general it's a very laid back interview, check out the rest of this thread and last years thread for more feedback. Good luck
Thanks, I've already read through this one and last year's. The general consensus seems to be what you said. I'm hoping for the best!

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have an idea of how full the class is? Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have an idea of how full the class is? Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist?

Yeah I'd also like to know if there's any waitlist movement and when it's common to expect movement, can it be earlier than April?

Just got my rejection e-mail w/o interview. I expected it though considering I got the dreaded "Continuing Review" e-mail several months ago :p Good luck everyone!

I unfortunately got the same e-mail. Can anyone that has been accepted share their stats? I want to see how I compared to people that were accepted! Thank you !

I unfortunately got the same e-mail. Can anyone that has been accepted share their stats? I want to see how I compared to people that were accepted! Thank you !

It's random. I have very competitive stats but still got rejected. Their loss.

3.89 22dat, applied in mid october, got interview invite in early nov.
i am heavily involved in global outreach though (went on 3 trips aboard) and they really are ALL about that.
my recommender also graduated from buffalo but idk if he stated that in my recommendation
i got waitlisted in the end though. interviewed in mid dec... UB is my dream school :( i do think that one of my interviewers did not agree with my answer to the case scenario part of the interview.. she blatantly stated that unlike her, i was too optimistic .. in a negative way

Came down with the official rejection email yesterday. Booooom hah.

Good Luck Y'all!

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how much movement typically occurs from the waitlist at UB? Or what the chances of getting off the waitlist are? It seems like the chances are low since the class size is so small. I was waitlisted Dec. 2nd and I just wanted to get an idea if I should keep my hopes up for getting off the waitlist. I heard that they used to tell people their ranking on the waitlist but they do not seem to do that anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
Class size is 93, that's not small. Average is 80.

I forgot to post in this thread, I was accepted on 2/14.

Reactions: 1 users
I was waitlisted on Dec 2nd but just withdrew my application! Good luck everyone else.

Does anyone know how much movement typically occurs from the waitlist at UB? Or what the chances of getting off the waitlist are? It seems like the chances are low since the class size is so small. I was waitlisted Dec. 2nd and I just wanted to get an idea if I should keep my hopes up for getting off the waitlist. I heard that they used to tell people their ranking on the waitlist but they do not seem to do that anymore.

Waitlists are always gonna be a mystery. Depends on who drops their acceptance and what your favourite colour is.

Has anyone from the waitlist heard anything yet?

nope. when I called, they didn't give anything away. have you tried calling? / what have they been telling you?
I emailed them back in January just stating that i'm really interested and they just said they'll contact me if there's any update in my status but no other information

I emailed them back in January just stating that i'm really interested and they just said they'll contact me if there's any update in my status but no other information
Since they have a refundable deposit, I think waitlist movement will be very late in the game.

What email did you use? I updated them but heard no response back :/

Just got accepted off the waitlist!!!

I interviewed in mid November. I had a 3.65 overall and a 3.75 science with a 22AA 25TS 21PAT.

I wish the best of luck to everyone else!! and dont give up hope!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed in mid November. I had a 3.65 overall and a 3.75 science with a 22AA 25TS 21PAT.

Congrats! Are you a New York State resident?

We interviewed at the same time, congrats! We will be future classmates

Withdrew my application few weeks ago but received rejection email today...um...okay....?

Has anyone on the waitlist contacted the school to find out where they are on the list?

I know they say they don't tell you your rank but I was just reading through old UB threads and people were able to find out which third they were in.

It seems like they have changed that policy. However, I have considered trying to ask for a little bit of a vague estimate of my position, just for the sake of convenience for planning purposes since at this point if we have other acceptances and are still more serious about this school than the other acceptances it would be more helpful to have some info regarding the realistic possibility that we will get off the waitlist just so we can plan accordingly.
Has anyone on the waitlist contacted the school to find out where they are on the list?

I know they say they don't tell you your rank but I was just reading through old UB threads and people were able to find out which third they were in.

I will be calling tomorrow to decline my acceptance here. Hope one of you get it! Best of luck

Still hoping for waitlist movement ... :(
Does anyone know if dental schools give out acceptances from the waitlist as soon as a spot opens up, or do they wait until a certain date and give them out in batches? Just curious

Last edited:
Does anyone know if dental schools give out acceptances from the waitlist as soon as a spot opens up, or do they wait until a certain date and give them out in batches? Just curious
same, user above recently gave up their spot... but haven't heard anything about waitlist movement since then...

Waitlist is moving! I just got an acceptance email this morning! UB was my only interview and only acceptance out of 10 schools so I'm very excited to be part of the class of 2021!!

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlist is moving! I just got an acceptance email this morning! UB was my only interview and only acceptance out of 10 schools so I'm very excited to be part of the class of 2021!!

Congrats! Are you a resident of New York State?

@pleaseacceptmexx
Took the DAT on 9/11, application submitted 10/7. Interview in Dec (forgot what day).

3.5 gpa / 18 AA

I honestly think I got really lucky. When they mean "holistic" review, they really mean it. I thought my interview was HORRIBLE and applied to a masters program feeling discouraged I was on the waitlist! I was already getting ready to apply for the upcoming 2018 cycle :cryi:

I think it was the other stuff that balanced out my average GPA and sub-par DAT score. I had a ton of extracurriculars (including going abroad volunteering doing dental assistant work) and I had 7 LOC (Committee letter) 3 of them dentists, 2 professors I did research with, 2 people I worked with. I sent both of my interviewers handwritten thank you cards and I sent Dr. Brown a letter of interest. I don't know if those 3 letters meant anything to them or if they even got them, but I believe they did matter now!

Anyone on the waitlist right now, stay hopeful! I still can't believe this is real life right now but many of my friends who are current UBSDM students were actually on the waitlist and got off!:happy:

Last edited:
Took the DAT on 9/11, application submitted 10/7. Interview in Dec (forgot what day).

3.5 gpa / 18 AA

I honestly think I got really lucky. When they mean "holistic" review, they really mean it. I thought my interview was HORRIBLE and applied to a masters program feeling discouraged I was on the waitlist! I was already getting ready to apply for the upcoming cycle :cryi:

I think it was the other stuff that balanced out my average GPA and sub-par DAT score. I had a ton of extracurriculars (including going abroad volunteering doing dental assistant work) and I had 7 LOC (Committee letter) 3 of them dentists, 2 professors I did research with, 2 people I worked with. I sent both of my interviewers handwritten thank you cards and I sent Dr. Brown a letter of interest. I don't know if those 3 letters meant anything to them or if they even got them, but I believe they did matter now!

Anyone on the waitlist right now, stay hopeful! I still can't believe this is real life right now but many of my friends who are current UBSDM students were actually on the waitlist and got off!:happy:
Wow congratulations. Welcome to the Buffalo team

@pleaseacceptmexx

3.5 gpa / 18 AA

I honestly think I got really lucky. When they mean "holistic" review, they really mean it. I thought my interview was HORRIBLE and applied to a masters program feeling discouraged I was on the waitlist! I was already getting ready to apply for the upcoming 2018 cycle :cryi:

Thank you for sharing. I needed this! You are absolutely amazing

Thank you for sharing. I needed this! You are absolutely amazing

Are you from NY too?

Yes girl! Stay positive! You really just never know! I already had housing and a masters schedule planned for next year because I doubted myself that bad. Your stats were better than mine and based on stats I've looked at from the ADA, UB accepts ~65% of the people they interview.

Are you from NY too?

Yes girl! Stay positive! You really just never know! I already had housing and a masters schedule planned for next year because I doubted myself that bad. Your stats were better than mine and based on stats I've looked at from the ADA, UB accepts ~65% of the people they interview.

mhm, I'm from NY!
haha thanks:) :) :) I'm already committed to a school OOS and planning housing and everything as well. haha that 65% is reassuring!! I hope i'll hear back sooon, I really loved UB! I'm glad it worked out for you!