*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

mhm, I'm from NY!
haha thanks:) :) :) I'm already committed to a school OOS and planning housing and everything as well. haha that 65% is reassuring!! I hope i'll hear back sooon, I really loved UB! I'm glad it worked out for you!

At least you got in somewhere! I had so much anxiety since Dec! What school?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted this morning via e-mail! Interviewed in January.
If there's anything I learned from this process, it's to have faith and never give up! You will get there!! So excited!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted this morning via e-mail! Interviewed in January.
If there's anything I learned from this process, it's to have faith and never give up! You will get there!! So excited!!

Congrats! Are you also a New York State resident? I am also waitlisted and this school is my top choice but I am out of state

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Are you also a New York State resident? I am also waitlisted and this school is my top choice but I am out of state
Yes I am from buffalo. I received the "continuining review" email in October and then interviewed in January.

Has anyone OOS been accepted off the waitlist??

@pleaseacceptmexx
Took the DAT on 9/11, application submitted 10/7. Interview in Dec (forgot what day).

3.5 gpa / 18 AA

I honestly think I got really lucky. When they mean "holistic" review, they really mean it. I thought my interview was HORRIBLE and applied to a masters program feeling discouraged I was on the waitlist! I was already getting ready to apply for the upcoming 2018 cycle :cryi:

I think it was the other stuff that balanced out my average GPA and sub-par DAT score. I had a ton of extracurriculars (including going abroad volunteering doing dental assistant work) and I had 7 LOC (Committee letter) 3 of them dentists, 2 professors I did research with, 2 people I worked with. I sent both of my interviewers handwritten thank you cards and I sent Dr. Brown a letter of interest. I don't know if those 3 letters meant anything to them or if they even got them, but I believe they did matter now!

Anyone on the waitlist right now, stay hopeful! I still can't believe this is real life right now but many of my friends who are current UBSDM students were actually on the waitlist and got off!:happy:
giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know likely it is for out of state applicants to hear back from the waitlist compared to in state applicants? It seems like mostly state residents are the ones who get off the wait list. Also for those who have gotten off the wait list is there anything you suggest that would help getting off the waitlist such as communicating interest regularly?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know likely it is for out of state applicants to hear back from the waitlist compared to in state applicants? It seems like mostly state residents are the ones who get off the wait list. Also for those who have gotten off the wait list is there anything you suggest that would help getting off the waitlist such as communicating interest regularly?

Wondering the same, also if by the end of april we dont get an acceptance is it likely to say our chance of acceptance is little to none?

Reactions: 1 user
Wondering the same, also if by the end of april we dont get an acceptance is it likely to say our chance of acceptance is little to none?

Yeah I also wanna know how likely chances are in May and after May based on previous years but it seems like the waitlist does not move that much for this school

Has there been any waitlist movement recently?

Does anyone know roughly how many students UB waitlists every cycle, wondering how long the waitlist is

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an offer around 2 hours after the call. :happy:

Same here. Having a really hard time deciding between the school I committed to and Buffalo. Are you going to go to here now?
I actually already paid the 5,000 deposit to NYU but as of now I'm going to UB

Have any out of state applicants been accepted off of the waitlist yet?

I actually already paid the 5,000 deposit to NYU but as of now I'm going to UB
Wow, I had no idea their deposit was that high! You'll be saving so much more by going to UB instead of NYU, so that 5k will be like "nothing."

Wow, I had no idea their deposit was that high! You'll be saving so much more by going to UB instead of NYU, so that 5k will be like "nothing."
That was literally the thought process I had! Also the school it self just felt right, students seem to love it there (unlike many students at NYU) AND they just got like 11 million dollars worth of new equipment. Also class of 90 vs like 400