*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I have my interview to UB soon but I'm afraid that taking Physics 2 next semester is going to affect my application/interview decision
Why?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview to UB soon but I'm afraid that taking Physics 2 next semester is going to affect my application/interview decision

Thats what I did ;p

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
People on here were talking about being on an alternate list after interview for not having their pre-reqs so not sure what that was about.
I don't think anyone is on the alternate list because they don't have the prereqs its them telling people that if we eventually accept you it its conditional on these prereqs being finished

I don't think anyone is on the alternate list because they don't have the prereqs its them telling people that if we eventually accept you it its conditional on these prereqs being finished
Look at posts from Thursday about people talking about not completing pre-reqs, that is what I mean by "Alternate list."

Look at posts from Thursday about people talking about not completing pre-reqs, that is what I mean by "Alternate list."

I think what myself and the other people who got a similar email were saying that the email is stating we are missing a pre-req that we actually do have. The email didn't say we were waitlisted because we were missing the pre-req

I emailed them on Friday to try and clear things up so hopefully I'll hear back about it early this week

Reactions: 2 users
I got offered an interview and wasn't able to schedule an interview until post-Dec. I was wondering if anyone knows if UB accepts people post-Dec interviews over waitlist or visa versa?

So who else had a pre-dec interview and hasnt heard back at all yet?

Important question for those who Interviewed or got accepted to UB. I was wondering what did you like most about the program/location/people and why. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Important question for those who Interviewed or got accepted to UB. I was wondering what did you like most about the program/location/people and why. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Awesome new facilities, people seemed friendly, low cost, students seemed clinically prepared

I got an email asking if I'm still interested earlier today (I interviewed early October). Declined since I've already gotten in somewhere else, hope someone gets my spot!

Just got accepted off the alternate list! Still can't believe it since they did say that people do not get off waitlist until April! Perfect timing because I was planning to send the deposit to another school pretty soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted off the alternate list! Still can't believe it since they did say that people do not get off waitlist until April! Perfect timing because I was planning to send the deposit to another school pretty soon.
Are you an NY state resident?

He had an interview.

before or after an interview?
I got stumped on the last question they asked me at the interview... "besides what we spoke about for the last 30 minutes and whats in your application, tell me something else about yourself" :shrug:

I got stumped on the last question they asked me at the interview... "besides what we spoke about for the last 30 minutes and whats in your application, tell me something else about yourself" :shrug:
What sort of stuff did they ask you, if you don't mind me asking during your interview? I have mine coming up

What sort of stuff did they ask you, if you don't mind me asking during your interview? I have mine coming up
It was really just a conversation that went in a wide range of directions. Just prep to answer the 2 basic questions (why buff, why dentistry) and the rest is just an ordinary conversation.. cant really prep much for that

It was really just a conversation that went in a wide range of directions. Just prep to answer the 2 basic questions (why buff, why dentistry) and the rest is just an ordinary conversation.. cant really prep much for that
instate?

Mind sharing your stats?
24AA, 22TS, 3.6 oGPA, 3.5 sGPA, non-Canadian int'l student.
I honestly don't understand why they take me off the waitlist a week after putting me on there. The day before I was accepted, I sent them an email asking about a missing prereq and I also mentioned to them that UB is one of my top choices. Not sure if that plays into my acceptance.

By far the toughest interview process. Was interviewed by three separate interviewers. They mercilessly grilled me. Then, after one day, waitlisted me. Real nice.

24AA, 22TS, 3.6 oGPA, 3.5 sGPA, non-Canadian int'l student.
I honestly don't understand why they take me off the waitlist a week after putting me on there. The day before I was accepted, I sent them an email asking about a missing prereq and I also mentioned to them that UB is one of my top choices. Not sure if that plays into my acceptance.
did you email [email protected] ?

waitlisted :( interviewed 12/13... does anyone have any info about the waitlist this year? i called and they wouldn't disclose any info regarding my standing... UB is my top choice :(

waitlisted :( interviewed 12/13... does anyone have any info about the waitlist this year? i called and they wouldn't disclose any info regarding my standing... UB is my top choice :(
I will be declining my acceptance at Buffalo so hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 users
By far the toughest interview process. Was interviewed by three separate interviewers. They mercilessly grilled me. Then, after one day, waitlisted me. Real nice.

3 means 2 of them were at disagreement. Then a third is the tiebreaker.

I will be declining my acceptance at Buffalo so hope that helps.
Hello, may I ask you which school do you decide to attend instead? I will probably drop my acceptance at UB also...

Well, I got email by UB on September, 20th. Saying my application has been put to "Continuing Review" and haven't heard back ever since. Is this like a interview waitlist or just a soft rejection?

Well, I got email by UB on September, 20th. Saying my application has been put to "Continuing Review" and haven't heard back ever since. Is this like a interview waitlist or just a soft rejection?

Rejection. If you'd have a chance they email you a form you write that shows your continued interest.

Rejection. If you'd have a chance they email you a form you write that shows your continued interest.
I just emailed them a letter of intent and hope that helps. My application was just completed on 09/09, and did not expect to get this soft rejection sort of email within less than two weeks. :(

Anybody know when the committee meets again to send the 2nd wave? I found it odd a poster above got in almost a week after Dec 1st, I figured they'd need to have another committee meeting after the initial offers.

Hello, may I ask you which school do you decide to attend instead? I will probably drop my acceptance at UB also...
Hi I will be attending stony brook. What about you.

Debating between Buffalo and a few other schools, all of which rank their students. For the current students over there, does Buffalo rank based on GPA or how highly you rank in each class?

Debating between Buffalo and a few other schools, all of which rank their students. For the current students over there, does Buffalo rank based on GPA or how highly you rank in each class?
You're ranked on how long you can stand outside in the snow without a jacket.

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you who got into both Stony Brook and Buffalo... which one are you picking?!

I'm leaning towards buffalo.

For those of you who got into both Stony Brook and Buffalo... which one are you picking?!

I got into both and will be attending stony brook.

Can I ask why are you leaning towards Buffalo?

Better reputation and clinical experience. Class size is way too small at stony brook
Don't you think with a smaller class size, you have a greater chance of really knowing the professor and working with them. Secondly, with the clinical experience, if someone has never attended both dental schools, how are they able to even make a comparison?And I didn't know that stony brook is less reputated :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Don't you think with a smaller class size, you have a greater chance of really knowing the professor and working with them. Secondly, with the clinical experience, if someone has never attended both dental schools, how are they able to even make a comparison?And I didn't know that stony brook has a bad reputated :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:
Yea but less variety of people in a small class! Idk 90 people is still small, it wouldn't be hard to get to know professors ya know. And I'm not saying it has a bad reputation, I just have a lot of family that work in residency programs and they told me that the students from Buffalo had way better clinical experience compared to stony and other schools

Last edited:
Yea but less variety of people in a small class! Idk 90 people is still small, it wouldn't be hard to get to know professors ya know. And I'm not saying it has a bad reputation, I just have a lot of family that work in residency programs and they told me that the students from Buffalo had way better clinical experience compared to stony and other schools
Hmm yea I can see your point. Another reason for choosing stony brook is because I can commute from my home cuz its like 45 min away vs Buffalo which is 7 hours away lol

Hmm yea I can see your point. Another reason for choosing stony brook is because I can commute from my home cuz its like 45 min away vs Buffalo which is 7 hours away lol
Yeah I totally get that I'm around the same distance away as well but I can't see myself driving every day lol so I figured I'd just hop on a plane

Anybody know when the committee meets again to send the 2nd wave? I found it odd a poster above got in almost a week after Dec 1st, I figured they'd need to have another committee meeting after the initial offers.

Last year, I received my acceptance mid January.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile