The Official 7/8/2010 MCAT club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IRpremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else taking the MCAT this day?

Members don't see this ad.

I think im amongst the few that felt like crap after the exam. I have officially started to loose it over the past few days. I have not slept for the past 24 hours in anticipation. Now i know how soccer moms feel right before a Justin Beiber Cd release. At least my dreams haven't been full of mcat results like the last time.... i would literally wake up with sweats before the last results. locking myself in my room and waiting this out now... this sucks

I haven't had any dreams about mine either, but it's probably because I've been having to dose myself with Nyquil and Theraflu for this horrible chest cold I have. My luck would be to get a cold on my short summer break and when I'm suppose to get my scores, I don't even feel like getting out of bed!!

Will be at work all day and have meetings all afternoon so I won't be able to check, but I'll be shaking the entire meeting. My co-resident is already going to be watching my demeanor and laughing at me.

I'm not checking until I get home, and definitely not checking THx until somebody posts here that they're up already. I like to do the "show 1 score at a time really slowly" thing with a pre-determined song pumping in the background. I think I'm going to go with Airplanes by B.O.B ("I could really use a wish right now").

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't had any dreams about mine either, but it's probably because I've been having to dose myself with Nyquil and Theraflu for this horrible chest cold I have. My luck would be to get a cold on my short summer break and when I'm suppose to get my scores, I don't even feel like getting out of bed!!

A good MCAT score will cure everything! Hope you feel better soon.

I had a horrible dream that I got a 9B on the exam, which looking back does not exists, but in my dream I was like no f'n way. My family was asking me all about it, then I saw someone's elses name on the score sheet. bizarre dream....inception on me....planting a horrible idea

Does it show the entire score broken into sections instantly when you log in? Or is it a slow painful menu clicking process?

It's all broken down in a chart showing your individual score for each section and the overall score on the right.

Members don't see this ad :)
They appear in a row with headings as follows (at least from my last test)

Test Date PS VR WR BS Total AMCAS release

It's the prediction game! Copy/Paste list to a new post, and add your SN & Guess to the bottom. Winner gets an automatic 45T ;)

Here are the times picked so far in ascending order:

Placebo11 - 2:34pm EST
Lokaa - 3:10pm EST
cliffhuxtableDO - 3:18pm EST
NMonte82 - 3:27pm EST
Cabrera - 5:01pm EST

thanks for taking the responsibility, i wouldve done it but i'm going to see inception shortly.

It's the prediction game! Copy/Paste list to a new post, and add your SN & Guess to the bottom. Winner gets an automatic 45T ;)

Here are the times picked so far in ascending order:

Hammergin - 2:05pm EST

thanks for taking the responsibility, i wouldve done it but i'm going to see inception shortly.

No worries, we're all in the same boat. I'm jealous you're getting to go to Inception! I'll be at work doing IHC on a cycling endometrium series until at least 6p or 7p tonight and I promised myself I wouldn't check THx until I get home. I miiiiiiiight end up having to repeat this run because I'm so distracted that I'll probably use the wrong species IgG or muck up the chromagen or something else egregious. :laugh:

Good luck keeping the nerves calm everyone, I'm sure that we as a group are all in the 30+ club and superkeenertroll-free.

Colbare - 4:31pm EST

fear and loathing 2:07 pm est

Drewsuf 1:35pm EST

mcreed - 4:57 pm EST tomorrow (or today)

could time possibly go by any slower? My main fear is that I retook this crazy test for nothing, hope that's not the case, but like I said before the closer we get the more self doubt I have. I think I may go throw up now! :scared:

I don't think I'm going to check the website....I'll just stalk this forum untill someone says the scores are up :scared:

could time possibly go by any slower? My main fear is that I retook this crazy test for nothing, hope that's not the case, but like I said before the closer we get the more self doubt I have. I think I may go throw up now! :scared:

I would very much like to be able to eat. I know that from my retake my bio will drop and so will my verbal. I'm just hoping for balanced scores. Although I will take anything 30+ with 8+ in everything. Writing, I could care less about hahahaha.

Good luck everyone. My prediction is 3:31 p.m. EST.

Obiwonkenobi 4:30pm EST (as soon as i get off work)
mcreed - 4:57 pm EST tomorrow (or today)

Hi everyone I'm a fellow 7/8 test taker but this was my first MCAT. For those who have taken the test before, are scores generally released after 5 pm EST or is it truly a random time throughout the day? I've been refreshing MCAT thx every 20 minutes and I think I'm starting to go crazy. Good luck to all of you!

When I wrote it last year my score came out after 8PM...

But I know of people who've received their scores a day or two early.

Keep checking SDN if you're going crazy because someone is bound to say "the scores are up" (I know I did)

Good Luck

Its totally random, the last time i took it the scores were out by about 2pm EST.

Hi everyone I'm a fellow 7/8 test taker but this was my first MCAT. For those who have taken the test before, are scores generally released after 5 pm EST or is it truly a random time throughout the day? I've been refreshing MCAT thx every 20 minutes and I think I'm starting to go crazy. Good luck to all of you!

It's a random time during the day. But I think scores have consistently been released around 2-3 pm EST as it was with my first test and several others too.

This list is from the 6/17/10 thread, as you can see release generally in the afternoon, but there is no real consistency in timing:

---

Here is a list of times scores were released last year and the year before. (Found it in another thread).

1/30/09: 3/03/09 5:08 PM Est 3/03/09
1/31/09: 3/03/09 5:18 PM Est 3/03/09
3/28/09: 4/28/09 2:53 PM Est 4/29/09 (one day early)
4/04/09: 5/04/09 2:36 PM Est 5/5/09 (one day early)
4/18/09: 5/19/09 11:31 AM Est 5/19/09
4/24/09: 5/26/09 3:35 PM Est 5/26/09

4/05/08 5/05/08 10:20 Am Est 5/06/08 (one day early)
4/18/08 5/19/08 4:40 Pm Est 5/20/08 (one day early)
4/19/08 5/19/08 4:44 Pm Est 5/20/08 (one day early)
5/10/08 6/09/08 3:37 Pm Est 6/10/08 (one day early)
5/23/08 6/23/08 3:23 Pm Est 6/24/08 (one day early)
5/27/08 6/26/08 3:09 Pm Est 6/26/08
5/31/08 6/30/08 5:01 Pm Est 7/01/08 (one day early)
6/13/08 7/14/08 5:05 Pm Est 7/15/08 (one day early)
7/18/08 8/18/08 3:42 Pm Est 8/19/08 (one day early)"

so I just came to thinking...
I'm pretty sure the AMCAS has our scores already for a few days... why make us wait? Why couldnt they just post it at midnight last night instead of making us wait for a virtually random time?...
grr

anyone doing anything interesting to pass the time?

Reading the carnage at conservapedia, don't register now because they are getting a lot of traffic from a mention on talking points memo and Brian Cox did a tweet about them. Still no scores.

Trying to go swimming, put a cooler with jack daniels country cocktails next to my lounge chair so I wouldn't be tempted to come inside for a while, but obviously that's not working! release the scores already!

anyone doing anything interesting to pass the time?

Just cracked a beer, and watching family guy. This needs to end now. Seriously. Before I drink myself into a stupor and misread my score as a 13K.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa