The Official 7/8/2010 MCAT club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IRpremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else taking the MCAT this day?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I am...:D

lets hope I feel :D after the test as well.

I am planning to finish my content review by May 31st and give myself about 37 days for doing practice exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'll be taking this day as well. I took the 1/29 test and got killed. Made a 23. I took it without having orgo 2 or physics 2 and they were tested pretty heavily, actually. I cranked through all of SN2's recommended books but didn't get through all the questions and didn't review them properly. I'm hoping for a much better outcome this time around!

I am in the same shoes as you guys. Would you guys mind answering some of the questions I have regarding the application process?

1. When we get back the secondary applications, is there a point in completing them and then sending them out to the schools even if the MCAT score is not available by that time (which is a likely situation for us)? considering that schools won't even review the applications with no MCAT scores?

2. What exactly is a rolling admission? Does this mean that a school would do repeat 2nd app review->interview->accept cycles throughout the entire admission period? So for those schools that don't do the rolling admission, do they repeat 2nd app review->interview cycles but then make the final decision only at the end of the admission period (say Martch)?

Thanks in advance!

July 8th, here we come.

I think this will end up being the best time to take for my application. Beginning prep at the end of semester in May.

Goal: semi balanced 35+ :thumbup:

good luck to everyone, can't wait for the semester to be over.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everybody!

this will be my first time taking the mcat :( terrible at these kind of tests though, i hope to get a 26 which is average for DO schools.

just purchased the complete EK set, and buying some aamc practice tests. (my first practice test i got a 14 so yes i'm very worried haha)

if anybody is in the niagara/buffalo, new york region, i'll be happy to have a study partner haha.

good luck to everybody!

p.s. i was curious, the practice exams are a little pricey, are we allowed to share accounts? i'll be happy to share =P save us a little bit.

If anybody wants the EK AudioOsmosis CDs, I have them.

They work really well for subconscious learning if you commute to work or school.

PM me if interested. Good luck on the MCAT! You'll feel so much better when it's done and not hanging over your head.

I'm working on putting together my 8 week strategy.

Mental Agility: Lumosity
Fitness/physiology: Various cardiovascular training
Nutrition: Increase in Omega-3 FA
MCAT skills: BR / EK mix; Lots of FLs

Should be interesting to see where I peak out at. I'm training for this like a prize fighter.

istockphoto_5444615-portrait-of-male-boxer-wearing-hood-black-and-white.jpg

Good luck everyone.:thumbup:

I'm working on putting together my 8 week strategy.

Mental Agility: Lumosity
Fitness/physiology: Various cardiovascular training
Nutrition: Increase in Omega-3 FA
MCAT skills: BR / EK mix; Lots of FLs

Should be interesting to see where I peak out at. I'm training for this like a prize fighter.

istockphoto_5444615-portrait-of-male-boxer-wearing-hood-black-and-white.jpg

Good luck everyone.:thumbup:

Haha sounds good! Do you guys know if I end up taking it on this date whether or not we will be "late" applying?

I am pumped. Let's do this people. 45T everyone! Like if everyone gets everything right they can't possible curve right?

Hey...Eeryone,

I would be taking my MCAT on July 8th. Though I am little bit nervous abt application process. After reading the thread from SDN. I feel that taking July MCAT will make our application look little bit negative. So I would kindly appreciate any suggestion from anyone who have experience
with July test and got positive response as far as application cycle is concerned.

joining you guys. just got my 3/27 score and i'm not very happy. it was a fluke sparked by a caffeine induced anxiety attack. oh well, lets go!!!

I'm in. I was originally scheduled for 5/27, but classes+finals have interfered with my prep. I figure higher MCAT > early app (SDN early) > late app > lower MCAT. I'm also applying this year, so my plan is to submit when AMCAS opens, with my state school so my stuff can get verified. After 7/8, I'm starting on secondaries for all schools that I'm interested in applying to, based off the school threads here. When I get my score back, I'll decide which of those to add. Secondaries will be done by then (~8.10), so turn around for that step in the process will be pretty quick. By mid-August, unless schools take a long time inviting you to do their secondary and unless my LORs are still outstanding, I should be complete at all the schools.

By my estimation, this will only be roughly 1 month after the earliest pack of appliers, considering that (1) schools don't get our AMCAS until the end-ish of June, and (2) schools don't release secondaries on average until early-mid July.

Arggh I'm thinkin about it....took the 4/23 MCAT and ran low on time on PS so I'm worried. Thinking about signing up for this one as its the next available in CA..

just signed up, took the 4/23 but i'm feeling like a retake will be inevitable and figured the spots would be full by the time scores come out...boooo

Round 2 for me, Took the 4/23 MCAT and am 99% sure it's gonna be the first 0 in MCAT history. just kidding, but it was pretty bad...

What do we have to do appliction wise to get things "verified.." how are you guys applying for this cycle?

i'm retaking this test day as well. Took the 4/10 test and ended up with a 28. My goal is a 30+. I will be focusing exclusively on Physical and biological section. Any ideas on how to best prepare for it?

Hey guys, I'm on board. Just finished content review last week and going over some stuff before I start FLs next week.

Anyone here started taking FLs? How are you guys coming along?

Also, who's taking this date? It seems so empty in here...in here...in here...in here.

This is my first post on SDN, I still have about a week before I finish the content review then I will start some practice exams and hope for the best.

I hope taking the July 8th MCAT is not that bad for the application process.

This is my second time taking the MCATs (first one I only got a 30 due to getting really sick on the day of the test). I was wondering if having a previous MCAT score might affect my chances from getting secondaries back from schools that want higher MCAT scores.

Anyone in the same situation?

Nice to meet you Lokaa. I don't think this date is late at all. It's probably regular. I would rather have a good score and a little later app rather than not so good stats. Also, there's not much we can do about it now anyway so mind as well try to do our best.

I don't think a previous score will affect your chances because if you indicate you're taking again then they usually put your file on hold to review until they receive those scores. Numbers wise I think everyone at least gets a fair shake at getting reviewed, whether you're late or early. I don't know though, I'm no expert but that's just the impression I've gotten from reading the forums.

This is my first post on SDN, I still have about a week before I finish the content review then I will start some practice exams and hope for the best.

I hope taking the July 8th MCAT is not that bad for the application process.

This is my second time taking the MCATs (first one I only got a 30 due to getting really sick on the day of the test). I was wondering if having a previous MCAT score might affect my chances from getting secondaries back from schools that want higher MCAT scores.

Anyone in the same situation?

I'm also taking it for the second time on this date. From what I've heard, as long as you've indicated on your app that you are taking it one more time, you will still be in the applicant pool.

I need some advice on what FLs are most similar to AAMC exams b/c I used them all as practice the first time I took the MCAT.

I'm also taking it for the second time on this date. From what I've heard, as long as you've indicated on your app that you are taking it one more time, you will still be in the applicant pool.

I need some advice on what FLs are most similar to AAMC exams b/c I used them all as practice the first time I took the MCAT.

I bought 7 BR FLs. Haven't used them yet but I researched before buying.

They are high quality, probably harder than AAMC.

Hey guys,

So I was scheduled for June 17th but rescheduled for July8th, for some reason I feel like I made a bad decision because I won't be considered early anymore, but a better score is better than a low score right?

I don't know why I'm contemplating this when I don't really have another option lol, what's done is done I guess I have to make it this exam worth it.

Hope studying is going well for all of you! :luck:

.Hey all, i'm new here and also taking the exam on the 8th.
I have took 4 of the AAMC exams so far (3, 4, 9 and 10) and scored 27 on average ..:confused:, I'm doing fine on the VB section but not so well on the sciences sections. I especially need to bring up my PS score (7 on average). I'll be grateful for any tips or suggestions ..:idea:.
I have been studying with Kaplan but i'm not satisfied with their level of difficulty. I just bought the Princeton review book but didn't have a chance to practice with it yet.
For extra practice i tried to find websites giving away mcat test for free but with a high level of difficulty on the science sections. I know, it is almost an impossible mission but i found to called prep101 and testprep-online. The problem is i don't if they are any good yet. Does anyone know them? or any other site for that matter?

.​

Last edited:
Took the 4/23 test, got a 28, which was 2 points below my lowest practice test score! Ugh, so here I go again.... I took a "diagnostic" practice test today and scored great (35), which ticks me off even more because I haven't looked at this stuff in over a month! Is it possible that a studied too much? Otherwise I have no clue why I scored lower than my practice exams, I wasn't even nervous!!

Any other retakers have advice about how to study the second time around???

I'm done with content/passages in 3 weeks.

Then around weeks of FLs. That will be 15 days of FL hell. I'm trying to do a FL a day.

Woohoo July 8th! Only 5 weeks away ahhh!

I'm probably the least crazy-studier person here, which is making me nervous. I'm just doing EK 6 days a week, using their 10 week study schedule. I'm worried that some of their content review isn't deep enough (like, after reading a section I'll do the corresponding 1001 question section and they'll ask a question that wasn't brought up at all in the content review...how am I supposed to know it?)

Good luck everyone, almost 1/2 way there!

Hey guys. I'm joining the fray. PM me if anyone reschedules a CA test for July 8th. Right now I have to go to Phoenix. I am finishing Kaplan soon and have only taking one Kaplan test. I am a little behind in their review and am in need of catching up so I postponed from June 17th. I also have TBR but don't know if I will have the time to start now and finish by test day.

:xf::luck:Good luck guys!

Lots of recent greatness...

Geekchick: 39
Lost: 41
Ernskie: 39
Coleontheroll: 41

Who is next?

I enjoy this thread, it is basically me talking to myself.

Good thing I'm a good conversationalist.