The Official 7/8/2010 MCAT club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IRpremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else taking the MCAT this day?

Members don't see this ad.

I think this month went by pretty fast!!! I been working on my secondaries, hopefully submit all of them by wednesday latest. How are apps going for everyone else?

Same here, working on lots of secondaries, CV, and now in varsity football camp for about 12 hours a day meetings, practice, lifting, etc....if I need to retake I don't know where I will find the time to study....so, so nervous. Most of the secondaries received so far are mostly done...just waiting on MCAT score.

As everyone knows, it's nerve wracking to take this hard test again and then have to wait for scores wondering if you did better. What is really disappointing is looking at the aamc charts that show the percentage of test takers that improve their score. Now I don't know what to believe in because I felt great after the test, but the numbers don't lie. With approximately 36 hours remaining, I find myself with very little self confidence and terrified of what I really got.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same way. I felt so much better coming out of this test then my first one, but now as it gets closer I'm have a serious crisis of confidence! I just hope it was worth it!!

I feel the same way. I felt so much better coming out of this test then my first one, but now as it gets closer I'm have a serious crisis of confidence! I just hope it was worth it!!

Agreed! I've been fantastic at maintaining a level head for the past four weeks, now in the final days/hours I feel like my heart is going to beat its way right out of my chest. :p

Yea this is a retake for me too. My biggest fear is getting lower than my first exam but praying to God that does not happen, especially that I had food poisoning (felt like i was going to throw up during the whole exam) the first time I took it and this time I was in good health.

Do they typically release your MCAT scores at the time they specified so we aren't sitting there tomorrow night going where the fudge are my scores?

Do they typically release your MCAT scores at the time they specified so we aren't sitting there tomorrow night going where the fudge are my scores?

Oh my gosh, they had better release them when they're supposed to. I might seriously DIE if they push back the release. I know of someone whose score release got pushed back and entire week. *Shudder*

For my first exam in april our scores were released around 2:30 pm EST. Sometimes they come out before or even after 5 pm. Also, I look at the 2009 MCAT dates and some of their scores were released the day before they were scheduled to be released! :) Here's hoping!

Wouldn't that be so nice? The problem with the possibility of an early release, though, is that now I am glued to my computer with butterflies in my stomach when in all likelihood, we won't get scores until tomorrow. :lame:

Ugh, I think the worst part is that everyone wants to know how I did and they're all positive that I did amazing....I shouldn't have told anyone!!

Oh man, I feel the same way. My boyfriend keeps bragging to all of his new M1 friends how "brilliant" I am. Which is going to make it SO embarrassing if I don't do well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, the worst part really is EVERYONE knows you are expecting your scores and they are all going to ask how you did.... and if you didn't do as well as you expected, you have to talk to them eventually, though I'm considering moving to an island in the Carribbean and buying a tiki bar on the beach and living in a hut next to it, sounds better than having to tell people my score if it's not what they expected.

Ugh, I think the worst part is that everyone wants to know how I did and they're all positive that I did amazing....I shouldn't have told anyone!!

Agreed!! After my first test everyone was praising me and saying how great I did which is not only uncomfortable, but sets you up for even more disappointment.

I think what scares me the most is that most people (including myself) have the general consensus that the test wasn't as hard as expected... anybody think that means you have less leeway for mistakes due to a smaller standard of deviation?

Yea, that worries me too. After the test I felt great, felt easier compared to the first test I took, but now I feel like "Oh crap, easier means a harsh curve" or at least that would make sense. Definitely about to have a panic attack waiting to see how I did.

The test also seemed easier to me too, but what makes me really paranoid is that maybe it seemed easy because I fell for the traps.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but I am more nervous about receiving these scores than I was about actually taking it. 1 day! ahhh! I don't know what I will do with all of my free time when I'm not constantly refreshing that THx website with the hope that scores are released early haha.

Well here's hoping the second time around was better! I hope everyone gets the score they want or at least score high enough that they don't have to study and retake the beast again. :xf:

No they haven't posted them yet, but from the other test dates that came out a day early it was after 4 pm EST. So I'm planning on checking again then, I refuse to sit at my computer all day today and tommorow! :)

Yes I don't want to be stuck at the computer tomorrow either. Has anyone seen "The Other Guys"? I think I'll go watch that so that I can at least have some laughs before I see my score.

~470 posts and 29,000+ views. Yep seems about right. Can't wait to watch the stats jump tomorrow. :laugh:

(Is it obvious that I'm looking for distractions?)

I agree, the worst part really is EVERYONE knows you are expecting your scores and they are all going to ask how you did.... and if you didn't do as well as you expected, you have to talk to them eventually, though I'm considering moving to an island in the Carribbean and buying a tiki bar on the beach and living in a hut next to it, sounds better than having to tell people my score if it's not what they expected.

Perhaps we could all just say "screw it" and purchase an island together?? We'll set up our own med school! :laugh:

I've pretty much decided to get tipsy tonight to the point that I can sleep like a lil' baby...otherwise, I don't know how I will :oops:

I told my co workers we would be celebrating one way or another, here's to a happy celebration!

i'm drinking some wine right now to ease my nerves. i was perfectly fine up until like 3 days ago. inception tomorrow at 12:30 to help kill the time and ease my mind.

i'm drinking some wine right now to ease my nerves. i was perfectly fine up until like 3 days ago. inception tomorrow at 12:30 to help kill the time and ease my mind.

Inception is a great movie, but trust me you will be using your mind alot rather than easing it.

Hey 7/8-ers. Just wanted to wish you all good luck with the scores tomorrow. I'm sure you all did great.

I took the 7/16 test, so once you all receive your scores, we're next in line :scared:. You all will have the pleasure of sitting back and pitying us.

Totally have not slept four two days due to nerves. This is my 3rd time taking... but I feel pretty good! Both times I was struck down by anxiety during the test, but I felt really good this time... but I am so scared that I may have screwed up. :scared:

couldnt sleep last night but in the time i did sleep i had a dream i got a 31 but my break down was 20 10 1 guess my subconscious is super confident w/ PS and scared about BS.

couldnt sleep last night but in the time i did sleep i had a dream i got a 31 but my break down was 20 10 1 guess my subconscious is super confident w/ PS and scared about BS.

The same thing happened to me. Except I got a 30P. And my break down was 6 13 12. So guess whose confidence is no good regarding PS?

Two nights ago I had a dream that I got a 33Q. I'm hoping the first dream was right. Haha.

No sleep here either. What scares me is I haven't had any dreams about my score at all. I hope I didn't void on accident.