The Mellow Yellow Lounge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: FUNNY

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh:

I am glad you all liked it..
(Takes a curtsie)..

Here is what you can tell Your boss when caught
sleeping at work:

• "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

• "This is just a 15 minute power-nap as described in
that time management course you sent me."

• "Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out You
probably got here just in time!"

• "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission
statement and envisioning a new paradigm."

• "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."

• "I was doing Yoga exercises to relieve work-related
stress."

• "Damn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost
figured out a solution to our biggest problem."

• "The coffee machine is broken..."

• " ... in Jesus' name. Amen.

Have a fun time sleeping!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody wants to discusss current movies-indian or american????????
how about," rang de basanti??????"i think amir khan looks fat, short and not so charming :eek: .maybe he looks better when potrayed as bhagat singh in the movie! :rolleyes:
any take on that???????? :cool:

very funny.:laugh: :laugh:
boardssuccess said:

hey look who is back! :laugh: long time huh?welcome!vanakkam!(hope i got it right?? :laugh: )
well i am open to any movies...current/old be in english/hindi! itz my favourite topic !.....being a movie buff!;)
regarding aamir in the movie, 'rang de basanti' i do agree he looked a little old...but he has a pleasant personality...and that man really knows how to act!due to his age...he has been portrayed as a senior student...not a fresh college grad...remember?moreover he was not bhagat singh in the movie....he was acting as chandrasekhar azad.....! :)
any take on that,blackie??? ;) :laugh: :smuggrin:
blacktooth said:
anybody wants to discusss current movies-indian or american????????
how about," rang de basanti??????"i think amir khan looks fat, short and not so charming :eek: .maybe he looks better when potrayed as bhagat singh in the movie! :rolleyes:
any take on that???????? :cool:

good onez!thanks for those tips! :thumbup: can i borrow some of ur ideas! :laugh: :smuggrin: i do need it real bad as i am often caught napping everywhere and everytime! :laugh: :laugh:
boardssuccess said:
Here is what you can tell Your boss when caught
sleeping at work:

• "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

• "This is just a 15 minute power-nap as described in
that time management course you sent me."

• "Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out You
probably got here just in time!"

• "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission
statement and envisioning a new paradigm."

• "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."

• "I was doing Yoga exercises to relieve work-related
stress."

• "The coffee machine is broken..."

• " ... in Jesus' name. Amen.

Have a fun time sleeping!!!!

does anybody know what's currently happening on," jassi jaisi koi nahin?"i just got back from india after a month.i used to watch it regularly on sony.
any info on,"ek ladki anjaani si" and ,"saath pherey" will also be appreciated!!!!!!!!!
thanx fido for the warm reception.vanakkam!!!!!!!btw do you have any cans of rosogollas?????????????????????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
btw i do agree with your comments on amir khan.my feelings for him have changed.i like him again :love:
thanx for opening my eyes. :smuggrin: :laugh:

:laugh: u r most welcome blacktooth!i got it right....wow! :laugh: ! no clue abt the current hindi soaps!.???
sorry yaar.....no rosogollas(well,thatz the precise way to pronounce! )for u! :smuggrin: who came back from india...?u or me?so it was ur duty to get me rosogolla,is'nt it???? :smuggrin: just kidding ,pal!will get u a can of rosogollas if we bump into each other at boston! ;) :laugh: well glad to open ur eyes wide open....! :laugh !lol!i made u like aamir again! :thumbup:

blacktooth said:
does anybody know what's currently happening on," jassi jaisi koi nahin?"i just got back from india after a month.i used to watch it regularly on sony.
any info on,"ek ladki anjaani si" and ,"saath pherey" will also be appreciated!!!!!!!!!
thanx fido for the warm reception.vanakkam!!!!!!!btw do you have any cans of rosogollas?????????????????????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
btw i do agree with your comments on amir khan.my feelings for him have changed.i like him again :love:
thanx for opening my eyes. :smuggrin: :laugh:
hey black tooth..
in jassi jaisi.....armaan is the CEO of gulmohur again.and aryan is gone. jassi and armaan are a happy couple again.shooli(dhanrajgir's daughter who armaan used to work with and never liked has a past.and her bf is back.anirudh or something and her dad doesnt want them together so he takes her to london.
also armaan wife is reel life.is in the serial too. they havent said anything about her. just that she looks at armaan and then she looks at the newspaper with his picture and gives a surprised look. theyw ill have a new one today.
NOW ek ladki....anu starts working with nikhil in his company.during the holi party his evil wife tulika finds out that she is the gal who is going to give birth to nikhil's child with the help of the female doctor who created all the mess and then she is bent upon getting anu out of the office and nikhil's life. she gives anu a fake letter that she cant work with them anymore and then anu gets a call from rival company and they hire her.also they tell her to submit some new work if she has and she gives them the pictures she had taken for nikhil's company.and then nikhil faces a big loog and tulika tells everyone that anu isworking with the rival company.and so alll this misunderstandings plotted by evil,biatchh tulika brings a distance betwen nikhil and anu.
I dont watch sat phere.so I am sorry about that.

wow!cool!thatz more or less like a running commetary! :laugh: u do follow jassi.....,starbucksfan,dont u?? :laugh: :smuggrin:
starbucksfan said:
hey black tooth..
in jassi jaisi.....armaan is the CEO of gulmohur again.and aryan is gone. jassi and armaan are a happy couple again.shooli(dhanrajgir's daughter who armaan used to work with and never liked has a past.and her bf is back.anirudh or something and her dad doesnt want them together so he takes her to london.
also armaan wife is reel life.is in the serial too. they havent said anything about her. just that she looks at armaan and then she looks at the newspaper with his picture and gives a surprised look. theyw ill have a new one today.
NOW ek ladki....anu starts working with nikhil in his company.during the holi party his evil wife tulika finds out that she is the gal who is going to give birth to nikhil's child with the help of the female doctor who created all the mess and then she is bent upon getting anu out of the office and nikhil's life. she gives anu a fake letter that she cant work with them anymore and then anu gets a call from rival company and they hire her.also they tell her to submit some new work if she has and she gives them the pictures she had taken for nikhil's company.and then nikhil faces a big loog and tulika tells everyone that anu isworking with the rival company.and so alll this misunderstandings plotted by evil,biatchh tulika brings a distance betwen nikhil and anu.
I dont watch sat phere.so I am sorry about that.

thanx starbucks,
i'm sooo happy to know that arman is the ceo of gulmohar once again!!!!!!!!!!!sounds like jassi is coming to an end.i was expecting shoulie to fall in love with arman.thank god she's gone! :rolleyes:
i think the real reason behind gulmohar's success is jassi which also proves that behind every success lies a woman..(be it a man or a company )and it also makes me proud to say,"JASSI JAISI KOI NAHIN!" :p :laugh: :laugh:

i can't wait for tulika to burn into flames!!!!!! :smuggrin: :smuggrin:
anyhoo thanx for the update!!!!!
so starbucksfan , what's your fav coffee at starbucks? white chocolate mocha is my all time favorite. :p i also like gingerbread latte and cinnamon dolce latte.when its real hot in summer, i chill out by sipping java chip frappacino with xtra xtra chips :cool:

simply yum :love: !
so starbucksfan , what's your fav coffee at starbucks? white chocolate mocha is my all time favorite. :p i also like gingerbread latte and cinnamon dolce latte.when its real hot in summer, i chill out by sipping java chip frappacino with xtra xtra chips :cool:[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
I love absolutely everything in starbucks except the price :( cinnamon dolce latte is my fav. too.also the salads at starbucks specially the ceasar salad with shrimp and the mozarella,basil sandwich is out of the world.
u gotto try it some time
whenever I got sick and tired of my life and books I could just got there and sit for hours reading a good book and dlistening to some musc. gave me a lot of peace of mind. and then I could hit the books again. :love:

who feels that bryan adams sings what we actually feel.I love his msic. I am listening to him rite now :love: :love:

starbucksfan said:
who feels that bryan adams sings what we actually feel.I love his msic. I am listening to him rite now :love: :love:
hi,
i like his songs too ,but when it comes to LED ZEPPLIN , PINK FLOYD ,SCORPIONS ,DIRESTRAITS all the clasical rocks cant beat that !

i am sure that if you all like b. adams (canadian by the way), you will all love Nina Simone. I am a lover of Jazz - and jazz mixed with soul is fantastic! it is so calming and soothing and relaxing. try it after a hard day of work/studying or if you just got away from an argument with anyone - very soothing! tried and tested stuff!

have u heard KENNY G.his music is so relaxing. back in dental school in india I used to put on his music at night and I would never know when I would go off to sleep.and get up in the mornigna ll fresh.
u have to listen to him.its just awesome.
I have to admit that I am a romantic song and soft music kinda person.but one of my fren's was a big fan of hard rock-metallica,guns n roses etc etc.and I got addicted to that music. but it was just a phase I am back from punk to soft :love: :love:

heard of kenny g?man u must be kidding me?he is simply fab!looks like we have many things in common eh,starbucks? ;) :laugh:
starbucksfan said:
have u heard KENNY G.his music is so relaxing. back in dental school in india I used to put on his music at night and I would never know when I would go off to sleep.and get up in the mornigna ll fresh.
u have to listen to him.its just awesome.
I have to admit that I am a romantic song and soft music kinda person.but one of my fren's was a big fan of hard rock-metallica,guns n roses etc etc.and I got addicted to that music. but it was just a phase I am back from punk to soft :love: :love:

:laugh: I think so too fido!!!well..I heard bong guys sing well.how about u.(may be they eat rosogullas for breakfast,lunch and dinner...so they have a sweet voice)just a thought :p :laugh: :p :laugh:

well u r right!bang on target! :laugh: in fact i wanted to take music as my prof,but turned out to be a dentist by default! :laugh: :smuggrin: infact i was trained in hindustani classical music!well thatz not a joke! :laugh:
starbucksfan said:
:laugh: I think so too fido!!!well..I heard bong guys sing well.how about u.(may be they eat rosogullas for breakfast,lunch and dinner...so they have a sweet voice)just a thought :p :laugh: :p :laugh:

hello!!?? did someone mention rosogullas????????????? :p :p :p

guess what????????i can also play the harmonium and tanpura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

Fido boy...can sing .....really... :thumbup: :cool:

fido! said:
well u r right!bang on target! :laugh: in fact i wanted to take music as my prof,but turned out to be a dentist by default! :laugh: :smuggrin: infact i was trained in hindustani classical music!well thatz not a joke! :laugh:

well well what do we have here?blackie can really play the harmonica and tanpura!wowie! :thumbup: were u trained?ek jalsa ho jaye? :laugh:
blacktooth said:
hello!!?? did someone mention rosogullas????????????? :p :p :p

guess what????????i can also play the harmonium and tanpura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

A Quote... :)

Shut out all of your past except that which will help you weather your tomorrows.

William Osler, MD
(1849- 1919)

(found this one at SDN itself. Liked it so thought of sharing it with all my friends)

:thumbup: thanks pal!for sharing it with all of us!
dentistjas said:
A Quote... :)

Shut out all of your past except that which will help you weather your tomorrows.

William Osler, MD
(1849- 1919)

(found this one at SDN itself. Liked it so thought of sharing it with all my friends)

:laugh: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Once upon a time, a perfect man and a perfect woman met. After a perfect courtship, they had a perfect wedding. Their life together was, of course, perfect. One snowy, stormy Christmas Eve, this perfect couple was driving their perfect car (a Grand Caravan) along a winding road, when they noticed someone at the side of the road in distress. Being the perfect couple, they stopped to help. There stood Santa Claus with a huge bundle of toys. Not wanting to disappoint any children on the eve of Christmas, the perfect couple loaded Santa and his toys into their vehicle. Soon they were driving along delivering toys. Unfortunately, the driving conditions deteriorated and the perfect couple and Santa Claus had an accident. Only one of them survived the accident. The mind numbing question is: Who was the survivor?

Scroll down for the answer...

The perfect woman survived. She's the only one who really existed in the first place. Everyone knows there is no Santa Claus and there is no such thing as a perfect man. Women stop reading here. That is the end of the joke. :laugh:

Men keep'a scrollin'...

So, if there is no perfect man and no Santa Claus, the perfect woman must have been driving. And that explains why there was a car accident. By the way, if you're a woman and you're reading this, this illustrates another point: Women never listen, either. ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

that was a good one,dentistjas !!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NileBDS said:
This is the only thing I heard:

:smuggrin:

Hey Sherif, watch what you're saying, as it's VERY UNTRUE....typical guy:laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:

cheer_up said:
Hey Sherif, watch what you're saying, as it's VERY UNTRUE....typical guy:laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:
Hey Maria.
That is my point exactly.
I said, this is what I heard, not what I said !
See, women REALLY do not listen !

cheer_up said:
On a lighter note, how have you been doing my friend ? Long time no see ...
What have you been up to, except for confusing me with your new avitars every 5 minutes ! lol :laugh:

NileBDS said:
Hey Maria.
That is my point exactly.
I said, this is what I heard, not what I said !
See, women REALLY do not listen !

Ha, ha, ha....very funny, Sherif. Okay, you got me this time....darn.... better be more careful!!! :laugh: :laugh:

NileBDS said:
On a lighter note, how have you been doing my friend ? Long time no see ...
What have you been up to, except for confusing me with your new avitars every 5 minutes ! lol :laugh:

Well, I've been trying to study for the Canadian exam (E.E) in May. I'm just getting really fed up with preparing and taking one exam after another, but I guess I don't much of a choice. That's why I'm soooooooooooo hoping, wishing and praying beyond words can express that I'll get into Minnesota or Colorado so that I don't have to prepare for the Canadian exam and move on with my life...to put me out of this huge present agony!!!

Hey, it wasn't my intention at all to confuse you or anybody with my avatar. I think when I (or rather my brother) first uploaded it, there were some problems with avatars in general. And so it would appear and then disappear and repeatedly doing so. I think the problem has been solved....so no more avatar changing....well at least for the time being :smuggrin:

What about you? When are you going to start dental school? What's going to happen to your MBA program once you start? (Oops, sorry for asking you serious questions, again, in your Mellow Yellow Lounge thread...but hey I know you don't mind me doing that once in a while, right?:laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin: Take care

cheer_up said:
Well, I've been trying to study for the Canadian exam (E.E) in May. I'm just getting really fed up with preparing and taking one exam after another, but I guess I don't much of a choice. That's why I'm soooooooooooo hoping, and wishing beyond words can express that I'll get into Minnesota so that I don't have to prepare for the Canadian exam and move on with my life...to put me out of this huge present agony!!!

Hey, it wasn't my intention at all to confuse you or anybody with my avatar. I think when I (or rather my brother) first uploaded it, there were some problems with avatars in general. And so it would appear and then disappear and repeatedly doing so. I think the problem has been solved....so no more avatar changing....well at least for the time being :smuggrin:

What about you? When are you going to start dental school? What's going to happen to your MBA program once you start? (Oops, sorry for asking you serious questions, again, in your Mellow Yellow Lounge thread...but hey I know you don't mind me doing that once in a while, right?:laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin: Take care

Hi again Maria !
Ok, first things first ! Good Luck with your EE exam (although I hope, and I am sure so do you, that you don't need to take it).
Ok, now I understand what was going on with your avatar ... case solved :laugh: .
I understand your aggrevation with studying ... what;s new ? Isn;t that the case with all of us ? I am sure that we will look back on these days one day, when we're all wrinkled and gray, and say that they really paid off. If we do not do all this work now, do you expect any of it to get done when we start getting alzheimers and osteoporosis ? I'd say better do it now ...
Another friend of mine is going to be taking the May exam with you, so GOOD LUCK to you both ! I will pray for you ...
About me, yeah, my MBA plan is down the drain for now (which I am happy to say by the way) ... I will finish up the courses I am taking now (since i'm not a quitter) and then I will start preparing for dental school. We start July something at the Pacific ... I think it is the 10th or 17th ... either way, still plenty of time !
It was great hearing from you, and i hope you do well on your studies !!!!!
GOOD LUCK MARIA !

Hey Sherif
Thanks for your words of encouragement. I know a lot of the people here are going through the same thing and so nothing is new. I guess I was really frustrated and so needed to vent a little :D . Thanks for praying for me. I really need it :D

I'm glad you're taking it easy. You've been working really hard, and so this is truly the time to relax and enjoy a little before dental school starts....you really deserve this time. So party and have some fun :laugh: :laugh:

cheer_up said:
Hey Sherif
Thanks for your words of encouragement. I know a lot of the people here are going through the same thing and so nothing is new. I guess I was really frustrated and so needed to vent a little :D . Thanks for praying for me. I really need it :D

I'm glad you're taking it easy. You've been working really hard, and so this is truly the time to relax and enjoy a little before dental school starts....you really deserve this time. So party and have some fun :laugh: :laugh:
Thanks Maria !
Now I just have to figure out a way to come up with $4,000 for my second deposit before April 11th !
Any ideas of making money in my sleep ? lol
I wish money bred like bunnys !

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbup: good one,DJ!keep up the good work!
dentistjas said:
:laugh: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :laugh: :laugh:

Once upon a time, a perfect man and a perfect woman met. After a perfect courtship, they had a perfect wedding. Their life together was, of course, perfect. One snowy, stormy Christmas Eve, this perfect couple was driving their perfect car (a Grand Caravan) along a winding road, when they noticed someone at the side of the road in distress. Being the perfect couple, they stopped to help. There stood Santa Claus with a huge bundle of toys. Not wanting to disappoint any children on the eve of Christmas, the perfect couple loaded Santa and his toys into their vehicle. Soon they were driving along delivering toys. Unfortunately, the driving conditions deteriorated and the perfect couple and Santa Claus had an accident. Only one of them survived the accident. The mind numbing question is: Who was the survivor?

Scroll down for the answer...

The perfect woman survived. She's the only one who really existed in the first place. Everyone knows there is no Santa Claus and there is no such thing as a perfect man. Women stop reading here. That is the end of the joke. :laugh:

Men keep'a scrollin'...

So, if there is no perfect man and no Santa Claus, the perfect woman must have been driving. And that explains why there was a car accident. By the way, if you're a woman and you're reading this, this illustrates another point: Women never listen, either. ;) :laugh: :

Hey DJ, really a good one.

Why did God create man before woman?
Because you're always supposed to have a rough draft before creating your masterpiece.

What should you give a man who has everything?
A woman to show him how to work it.

What did God say after creating man?
I can do so much better.

What's the smartest thing a man can say?
"My wife says..."

How does a man show he's planning for the future?
He buys two cases of beer instead of one.

What do men and mascara have in common?
They both run at the first sign of emotion.