Texas Tech School of Pharmacy C/0 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are some things that we can do to prepare for P1? And what's the best way to excel in school?

Members don't see this ad.

What are some things that we can do to prepare for P1? And what's the best way to excel in school?
For the most part, I'd just take the summer off and travel somewhere. Spend time with family. Do things you love doing but haven't had the chance due to school/work commitments. Relax and enjoy yourself before the semester starts. However..., if you feel absolutely obligated to do something school-related, you can get a job as a tech (if you haven't already) or read up on biochem since that's the course that most students struggle the most with P1 fall semester.

To excel in school, well...can't really give much advice there since it depends on how you best learn the material. Some people learn best by re-watching lectures a couple times. Others prefer studying in groups and teaching themselves the material. Or some read over the PPTs a couple times before coming to lecture.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an interview offer! Please help me out. How is the interview and everything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview offer! Please help me out. How is the interview and everything?

I think this question was answered earlier in the forum but I can provide my insight on interview day.

I interviewed at the Abilene campus. They spent the beginning of the day talking about the program and curriculum along with giving a tour of the pharmacy building. The interview portion consisted of 2 parts: a team-based exercise and a one-on-one interview with a faculty member and current pharmacy student. For the group exercise, they give you a problem to resolve. They are just trying to gauge how you work with others and if you and your peers can come up with a well thought-out solution. I can't tell you what the questions were for the one-on-one but they were more "tell me a time when..." questions.

As long as you are relaxed and confident with your answers, you will be just fine.

I have a friend who interviewed at a different pharmacy school, and parents were able to join in the tour and lunch at her school's interview. Is it that way for Tech's interview or no?

Can anyone talk about the school environment, workload, etc for the Amarillo campus? Thanks!

I finished my last prerequisite in the fall and submitted my grade to PharmCAS during the academic update window and my transcript was verified by them. My Merlin page still shows no status for my transcript. Has anyone had a change in status for their transcript on Merlin?

I was accepted as an early decision applicant so I already interviewed! I just wanted to know if they updated you because I'm very worried about somehow overlooking something and not meeting the terms of my acceptance if that makes sense.

The transcript part on Merlin is still blank on mine also but everything else is completed.

Correct, it is not a prereq, you take it Fall/Spring P1 year
I thought most pharmacy schools require that class. so I am taking A&P 1 class right now....
should I drop it since I am taking 5 other classes to graduate this semester?
I already got accepted btw.

I thought most pharmacy schools require that class. so I am taking A&P 1 class right now....
should I drop it since I am taking 5 other classes to graduate this semester?
I already got accepted btw.

If you're accepted and actually going to tech? Yes I would drop it to make your life a little easier. Regardless of you taking it now you still have to take it P1 year. I would have thought you're past the drop date by now, but yeah drop it if you can/want to. Unless you want to get a head start, but the course avg last semester in AP was like 88 iirc.

If you're accepted and actually going to tech? Yes I would drop it to make your life a little easier. Regardless of you taking it now you still have to take it P1 year. I would have thought you're past the drop date by now, but yeah drop it if you can/want to. Unless you want to get a head start, but the course avg last semester in AP was like 88 iirc.
Are you P1?? Do you think the school will look at it negatively?

Are you P1?? Do you think the school will look at it negatively?
I am, and you're already conditionally accepted based on passing the required prereq's, since this is not a prereq they don't care about it and wont rescind your acceptance. The only reason you have to not drop the class is that you want a head start.

Okay so I have one more question.
I paid the deposit to other school and I decided to go to Texas Tech! and paid deposit just now.
Do I just send email to other school that I wont be attending their school?

Okay so I have one more question.
I paid the deposit to other school and I decided to go to Texas Tech! and paid deposit just now.
Do I just send email to other school that I wont be attending their school?

Yeah, either call them or send an email letting them know.