Texas Tech School of Pharmacy C/0 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
So I just got my official letter with the campus location. Did y’all get your first choice?

Reactions: 1 users
So I just got my official letter with the campus location. Did y’all get your first choice?
I chose Dallas but they assigned me to Amarillo for 4 years, how about your??

TBH, Abilene is the campus you want, Dallas is nice and all, but it's lacking in all the opportunities that are available in Amarillo and Abilene. There are just way more things for extracurriculars and leadership opportunities in the other two campuses that haven't really been established yet in Dallas.

Wait so does the offer letter have the information about the background checks? I still haven't gotten mine in the mail. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait so does the offer letter have the information about the background checks? I still haven't gotten mine in the mail. :(
Yeah it does. It’s real quick.
I got an email with a pdf of the offer letter only but the actual letter came in also.

are you assigned for Amarillo or Abilene?
Idk where I’m assigned yet because I think it comes in the official offer letter that they mail if I’m not mistaken. I put Amarillo as my number 1 choice

Does anyone know when they send us the link to the Facebook group?

I was accepted yesterday and they said you will have to mail one copy of the acceptance form back to them and that we can keep the other.

I heard from my friend who is a P1 that there were about 75 accepted from ED and that over 60% of people wanted Dallas. I got assigned to amarillo for 4 years which wasn't my first or second choice so I am attempting to appeal this and get reassigned hopefully.
They said I could appeal for the last two years. But I’ll be at Abilene for the first two.

Does anyone’s offer letter say to sign & send it back by September 18th? I think they made a mistake and meant to say October

Idk where I’m assigned yet because I think it comes in the official offer letter that they mail if I’m not mistaken. I put Amarillo as my number 1 choice
Definitely will be Amarillo, i ask them to reassign to Dallas but they said maybe for the last 2 years and I will be Amarillo for first two

Does anyone know if we can hold our spot by paying $400 and still apply to other school. Got into the amarillo campus
If you are early decision, I don’t think you can apply for the other school. Pharmcas won’t let you apply. Only regular decision can hold and apply to other schools.

How are they choosing who is priority for Dallas?

They have to fill the campuses relatively equally, they cant just fill all of dallas and have nobody in abilene/amarillo. Also you have to have a real reason to be in dallas for the priority favor in your direction. Having a bf/gf isn't a good enough reason or your parents living there isnt good enough either. Having kids and a house or a medical condition is more of a reason. In both the interview classes probably all but one student wanted dallas. Most of the current dallas p1's arent even liking dallas anyways, they all tried to live at home and are dealing with traffic and everything on top of having to study, it's a mess, or the end up getting an apartment downtown which is $1500 a month versus abilene or amarillo where cost of living is stupid cheap. I have a roommate in abilene and our individual rent is 380/mo

They have to fill the campuses relatively equally, they cant just fill all of dallas and have nobody in abilene/amarillo. Also you have to have a real reason to be in dallas for the priority favor in your direction. Having a bf/gf isn't a good enough reason or your parents living there isnt good enough either. Having kids and a house or a medical condition is more of a reason. In both the interview classes probably all but one student wanted dallas. Most of the current dallas p1's arent even liking dallas anyways, they all tried to live at home and are dealing with traffic and everything on top of having to study, it's a mess, or the end up getting an apartment downtown which is $1500 a month versus abilene or amarillo where cost of living is stupid cheap. I have a roommate in abilene and our individual rent is 380/mo

Hey!
I got the abilene campus. Do you recommend renting an apartment or a small house? How did you go about getting a roommate?

Hey!
I got the abilene campus. Do you recommend renting an apartment or a small house? How did you go about getting a roommate?

I mean it's really up to you and what you want to do, on the facebook page is where I found a roommate though. There are places like The Arch that are college apartments that come fully furnished and will place you with a roommate, but it just depends on what you're looking for.

I mean it's really up to you and what you want to do, on the facebook page is where I found a roommate though. There are places like The Arch that are college apartments that come fully furnished and will place you with a roommate, but it just depends on what you're looking for.
Okay. Thanks!

Regarding MBA inquiries (This link was posted above):
Pharm D w/ MBA
There is a good comment on here about being business or leadership focused. Some MBA students never do anything with the degree. I know one graduate who was still a general pharmacist after 10 years. I know others who work their way up into some nice paying positions after 5 years. It depends on you, your pursuit, your contacts, and being in the right place at the right time. I am finishing the MBA program this spring. Hope it works out!

Last edited:
Hey, just a quick question for those who've interviewed in Abilene this year- what time of day were the interviews scheduled- In morning or afternoon?

Hey, just a quick question for those who've interviewed in Abilene this year- what time of day were the interviews scheduled- In morning or afternoon?
The interview day generally begins at 8 a.m. and wraps up at around 4 p.m. It's pretty long, but the school really wants the applicants to see what the school has to offer and answer any questions that applicants may have.

The interview day generally begins at 8 a.m. and wraps up at around 4 p.m. It's pretty long, but the school really wants the applicants to see what the school has to offer and answer any questions that applicants may have.

Sounds good. Thank you!

What other apartments in Abilene, besides The Arch, do most TTUHSC pharmacy student live in? Also is it a good idea to room with other students or to have your own 1 bedroom apartment?

What other apartments in Abilene, besides The Arch, do most TTUHSC pharmacy student live in? Also is it a good idea to room with other students or to have your own 1 bedroom apartment?
A number of students live in the apartments near the mall on the south side (e.g., Indian Run). Really depends for the most part, whether you enjoy having others around you or you value that privacy without having to worry about disturbing a roommate.

Reactions: 1 user