Texas Tech applicants 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations everyone!!! I am in also. Yay!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get anything today, so :(
no news is not necessarily bad news. this is why...i was waitlisted last year and I didn't have nearly as good of a PCAT score or GPA as you. Wait a few days and check your application status online and it should say you're placed in the rolling pool, which means you're not out of the running yet. I know it sucks right now...believe me i've been there twice over and i can definitely sympathize, but it's not over until you get a rejection letter..:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
holy crap! just came home from an 8 hour day at work to find out i'm in! CONFETTI!

I'm in too!!!!-Houston :banana:

To all that have not heard...Everyone who has not heard, hang in there! I know it is horrible but what rnto said, no news is not nec. bad news. Just know that everything happens for a reason. I felt the same way last year when I was denied everywhere! Perseverance, Perseverance, Perseverance...if this is what you want, do not let anyone tell you you are not good enough!!! reapply! Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
where in houston do you live, because i live in humble and i didnt get a letter today but my mail came in around 12 today so i dont know if it made it to the mail man if it came in later. when did your come in?

where in houston do you live, because i live in humble and i didnt get a letter today but my mail came in around 12 today so i dont know if it made it to the mail man if it came in later. when did your come in?

not till like 2...I live down in seabrook (kemah) aka south east expect it monday i think...my mom lives in magnolia and always gets her mail late

I'm in too!!!!-Houston :banana::banana::banana:

To all that have not heard...Everyone who has not heard, hang in there! I know it is horrible but what rnto said, no news is not nec. bad news. Just know that everything happens for a reason. I felt the same way last year when I was denied everywhere! Perseverance, Perseverance, Perseverance...if this is what you want, do not let anyone tell you you are not good enough!!! reapply! Best of luck to everyone!

not till like 2...I live down in seabrook (kemah) aka south east expect it monday i think...my mom lives in magnolia and always gets her mail late

oh i hope so!!!!!. i have an interview with tsu on thursday but i really wished i knew about TECH first. any tips on tsu?

do they send out rejection letters now or do they wait till after all the interviews? When will the online status update?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, mine was updated today to accepted pending payment of acceptancce fee or something to that effect.

updated to what and when? was it today?
I still haven't received the official letter but i did get an acceptance email and my status was changed to waiting for acceptance and holding fee.I hope i get the official mail today.My pcat was only 72 with 35 in biology.Gpa - 3.32.But I think I did great in the interview.

I still haven't received the official letter but i did get an acceptance email and my status was changed to waiting for acceptance and holding fee.I hope i get the official mail today.My pcat was only 72 with 35 in biology.Gpa - 3.32.But I think I did great in the interview.

i guess i bombed my interview or something i didn't think my stats were that bad.

i guess i bombed my interview or something i didn't think my stats were that bad.

I dont think your stats r bad either, they are way way better than mine, so just keep your fingers crossed and I am sure you will hear something soon. Remember if you are not accepted for early admission they place you in the regular pool.

I dont think your stats r bad either, they are way way better than mine, so just keep your fingers crossed and I am sure you will hear something soon. Remember if you are not accepted for early admission they place you in the regular pool.

they have already reviewed reg. admission and i still didn't get in, i am losing hope.

man...that sucks. I'm sorry...when is your rescheduled interview?

i guess the cancellation is trying to tell me something.. perhaps i need to practice more for my interview. my rescheduled interview date is April 10

CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO GOT ACCEPTED! i hope to be in your position later on :D

Last edited:
they already reviewed reg. admission :( and my status should of at least been updated to rolling pool, but its not.

do they send out rejection letters now or do they wait till after all the interviews? When will the online status update?

If you were good enough to get an interview, you'll not get a rejection letter. Each time the adcom meets, they'll re-review you application. Then X% will decline because they also got into their #1 school, so again more acceptance go out. People will play musical chairs up until a few days before school starts in August.
There's hope yet.
Good luck to you, I hope to see ya in August.

tech was my only hope, i have received my answer peace out.

Mine didn't change to rolling pool either. It's under review and that's what they said when I called and they pulled my actual paper file. Don't lose hope just yet. When mid May rolls around and they have sent out most of the acceptance letters you can start losing hope. Until then no worries, they either reject you flat out after your interview or you keep getting reviewed up to the end.

does anyone have any information on when the next batch of letters goes out?

what is the total that they accept at amarillo?
i know they were going to send out about 33 from the first ED and 33 from the second ED. that's like 3/4 of the class huh?

i know they were going to send out about 33 from the first ED and 33 from the second ED. that's like 3/4 of the class huh?

I think 90 go to Amarillo, and 40 to Abilene... or 100/30, close to that anyway.

Rusted is right, 90 for Amarillo and 40 for Abilene.
Also, they will be increasing the number of students at the Abilene campus next year.
At tech, doing early admission is advantageous. But that shouldn't mean you should lose hope if you haven't heard anything(@ TABOULI). There will be a few seats opening up as the weeks count down. Students w/ multiple acceptance may choose uh or ut over tech and vice versa.

I didn't get rejected yet, but i bombed the interview. I have an overwhelming feeling after my phone conversation that i will eventually be rejected. Its actually easier for me to have no hope at all, that way i can focus on life instead of stalking the mailbox. I just wanted to clarify for the people that read this thread I don't think they reject the people that have interviewed till the very end, but i am not 100 percent on that. If by some act of god I do get an acceptance, then it would be a true surprise. Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement. I have signed up for summer classes, and hopefully next year will be my year. :)

I also didn't get an acceptance Tabouli, and so far I have been denied at UT and tabled at UH several times. So I understand what you're going through :) It's painful.

P.S. Did you talked to them over the phone?

And does anyone know people who didn't get accepted during early admission but were during regular admission? I want to know what my chances are.

And does anyone know people who didn't get accepted during early admission but were during regular admission? I want to know what my chances are.

I know that it's happened, but it's not really my place to talk about it.

What's up with the post counter today? Earlier it said that they were doing away with the counter in favor of a new 'karma' system ... now they're back...

oh,
april fools?

when will more people hear?

For those that are attending in the fall, have you ordered your laptops yet? I was looking at the ones offered through the school link and I couldn't "uncheck" the option for an external HD. I've got like 3 of them so that's the last thing I need. I was also thinking about buying one from an outside source, but the gf has had problems with hers so the on-site repairs by the IT guys is a nice option.

Hi! I've never posted on here but I got accepted to Tech in the 2/20 interview group as well (Amarillo/Dallas). The laptop online that it recommends for us says it comes with Vista and I know we need XP. Will they change that for us? On the Dell website it says something about getting a "Downgrade Rights Service," Do we need to do that? Thanks. :)

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could help me out a little.
What is the critical thinking test at the beginning of the interview process? Is it like the PCAT? Or a reading comprehension exam? Or like a logic test like the LSAT stuff? Or is it like an IQ exam?? Is there science or math...??
I'm so sorry I'm just so worried about this interview and I would like to have just a little bit of clarification. If someone could please let me know I would be really grateful.

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could help me out a little.
What is the critical thinking test at the beginning of the interview process? Is it like the PCAT? Or a reading comprehension exam? Or like a logic test like the LSAT stuff? Or is it like an IQ exam?? Is there science or math...??
I'm so sorry I'm just so worried about this interview and I would like to have just a little bit of clarification. If someone could please let me know I would be really grateful.

You can't study for it. It is just an "off the walls" sort of test. If you do TOO well on it, you're considered borderline schizophrenic:eek:

For those that are attending in the fall, have you ordered your laptops yet? I was looking at the ones offered through the school link and I couldn't "uncheck" the option for an external HD. I've got like 3 of them so that's the last thing I need. I was also thinking about buying one from an outside source, but the gf has had problems with hers so the on-site repairs by the IT guys is a nice option.

I think I'm just going to order the Dell to save the hassle of shopping around and for the convenience of having it fixed at school.

I think I'm just going to order the Dell to save the hassle of shopping around and for the convenience of having it fixed at school.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I need to call Dell because through the Dell website, they have a deal where if you buy a latitude E6400/E6500, you have the option of buying a Mini 9 for $50... :D

I just ordered the prebuilt system. I like Dell and did not feel like shopping around. I got a call from Dell yesterday saying my stuff is backordered until the 14th of this month :(. Oh and about the external hard drive and computrace, I called and the guy I spoke with said it was part of getting the discount on the system and they can't be removed. Doesn't really matter for me as I don't have a decent sized external hard drive yet.

Which laptop is everyone going with?

I think I am going with the dell studio laptop that I currently have and let the tech people downgrade to xp( hope they can do it). I bought it past christmas so it is pretty new and up to date. Have any of you guys filled out the FAFSA form yet?

I think I am going with the dell studio laptop that I currently have and let the tech people downgrade to xp( hope they can do it). I bought it past christmas so it is pretty new and up to date. Have any of you guys filled out the FAFSA form yet?

I filled it out in March. I also called the school and Mia said that they have already processed my info and will send out what I received later in the month.

I just ordered the prebuilt system. I like Dell and did not feel like shopping around. I got a call from Dell yesterday saying my stuff is backordered until the 14th of this month :(. Oh and about the external hard drive and computrace, I called and the guy I spoke with said it was part of getting the discount on the system and they can't be removed. Doesn't really matter for me as I don't have a decent sized external hard drive yet.

Boo on the hard drive. I guess I'll ebay it or sell it on craigslist.

Boo on the hard drive. I guess I'll ebay it or sell it on craigslist.

Heh good call. I went with the 6400 as well.
As for the question someone asked about the pre built systems only coming with Vista when you buy it, I called Dell and they said that the IT guys will switch it to xp when they put everything else they want in there.

I ordered mine today and it said that they won't receive it until 05-01. That sure is a long time.

I ordered mine today and it said that they won't receive it until 05-01. That sure is a long time.

I know what you mean. I'm the type of guy that pays for something and wants it right there and then. Especially when it's a new toy :D

P.S.- A little late, but good luck to those of you that interview(ed) today!