Texas Tech applicants 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alphaRx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiii friends,
I hope this thread will give us a place to clear our questions and concerns about the fall 2009 application. I have found the threads from previous years very helpful so lets continue the tradition.
I started my application this week and hope to get it in for early decision. Who else is applying to texas tech this year?

Members don't see this ad.

I may apply to TTUHSC. Just need to wait on my PCAT scores. If they are high enough, I will apply.

How's it going? I'm in the process of filling out the app for Texas Tech as well. This is the worst part, filling out all this information.

Anyone know what the essay topics are for Tech? I'm still on the preliminary stuff.

How does everyone feel about there chances at Tech as well??

Members don't see this ad :)
How's it going? I'm in the process of filling out the app for Texas Tech as well. This is the worst part, filling out all this information.

Anyone know what the essay topics are for Tech? I'm still on the preliminary stuff.

How does everyone feel about there chances at Tech as well??

I feel really good about my chances if my PCAT scores are good when I receive them. My GPA is good for Tech. My previous scores were too low.

I am waiting for my pcat scores too, i heard from one of the P1 students that texas tech has a tendency to give more weitage to gpa.

I feel really good about my chances if my PCAT scores are good when I receive them. My GPA is good for Tech. My previous scores were too low.

I am waiting for my pcat scores too, i heard from one of the P1 students that texas tech has a tendency to give more weitage to gpa.

This is true, however, my PCAT scores must be higher to allow my GPA to carry its weight.

I am a P1 at Tech right now, apply immediately and just have the pcat scores sent. I was in the early interview group and over 70% of our group (25ppl) got in. So apply asap if u want the best chance to get in because if u dont get in during the first round, your application will be reviewed after each round as well, therefore increasing ur eventual chance to get in.

hiii friends,
i hope this thread will give us a place to clear our questions and concerns about the fall 2009 application. I have found the threads from previous years very helpful so lets continue the tradition.
I started my application this week and hope to get it in for early decision. Who else is applying to texas tech this year?

can everybody their status whoever is applying to texas tech or different schools in texas!!!!

thanks in advance!!!!!

I am a P1 at Tech right now, apply immediately and just have the pcat scores sent. I was in the early interview group and over 70% of our group (25ppl) got in. So apply asap if u want the best chance to get in because if u dont get in during the first round, your application will be reviewed after each round as well, therefore increasing ur eventual chance to get in.

Do you know Tech's cutoff date for who they consider first round applicants?

jan 7th is the cutoff date to be considered as early admin.

http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/programs/pharmd/calendar.aspx

The earlier u get ur stuff in the sooner you will get ur acceptance letter for interview. Once you get ur acceptance letter (you can also check your application page) there will be a new link that will show that lets you choose your date for interview!! I chose the earliest one available just to increase my chances of getting in.

I heard from last year that your status at on the application page (only those that did get accepted) will show link to interview dates before actually recieving the letter. Those that do not see link, only means that you have yet to be considered for interview, so don't stress yet

jan 7th is the cutoff date to be considered as early admin.

http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/programs/pharmd/calendar.aspx

The earlier u get ur stuff in the sooner you will get ur acceptance letter for interview. Once you get ur acceptance letter (you can also check your application page) there will be a new link that will show that lets you choose your date for interview!! I chose the earliest one available just to increase my chances of getting in.

I heard from last year that your status at on the application page (only those that did get accepted) will show link to interview dates before actually recieving the letter. Those that do not see link, only means that you have yet to be considered for interview, so don't stress yet

I was trying to know if i dont have the PCAT score, can i still apply for the early admissions. I am planning to take in January, the very first time!!!
(mine GPA is around 3.284 and some volunteer experience, 2 yr degree in general science)

So ur help is really needed!!!!

Thanks in advance for ur time!!!!!!

If you haven't taken the PCAT yet then being considered for early admin is too late. Its in the calendar of events.

I agree. I'm a P1 here at Tech, and most of the people from my interview date got in. They look at the early applicants more. If you don't get an acceptance the first round, they'll continue to review your application. Plus, they look highly upon the early applicants.

We're about to start training for interviews. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or PM me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

I'm applying to Tech as well, but haven't finished the supp application yet. Does anyone know how many rounds of interviews the school's going to hold?

Thank you!

It looks like there are 9 interview days set up on their calendar but I'm not sure how many rounds that is.

There are 9 days set up. If you look at the dates and deadlines calendar on their website, on days where it says "Amarillo and Abilene" obviously there will be interviews held at each campus. There were about 30 people at each interview.

I see. So it's kinda like rolling admission in a way...good luck to all of us! :luck:

Hey all,

I submitted my application online on Jan 7th at about 11:50p.m. you think I will still be considered for early admissions? I know your stuff can be post marked Jan 7th so I assume I will be considered an early applicant but was just wondering what yall thought?

Oh, no... The worst part is after the interview when you're waiting to find out if you've been accepted. :eek:

Oh, no... The worst part is after the interview when you're waiting to find out if you've been accepted. :eek:

Well, true. How long did it take for you to find out if you had been accepted after you interviewed?

waiting, yea.......lol. I was in the first interview and was one of the last to get accepted lol. interview offer should be sent out within 2 weeks lol

Any idea when Texas Tech starts sending out interview invites this year?

any news yet??

I submitted my TTUHSC application before the early admission deadline and I am praying that is well received. For those of you that have applied, what are your stats? I'm curious about my competition - lol!

My Stats:
GPA: 4.0
PCAT: 85
- Certified Pharmacy Technician for over a year
- Volunteered at local hospital's pharmacy
- Volunteered at free health clinic
- Chemistry tutor
- Phi Theta Kappa member/scholarship recipient
- Great references
- 19 years old (just thought I would throw that in - lol!)

congrats! jw, did you get the invite just now? is it an email or on merlin?

4y2RwP8DcQ+d6rT9ATiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

DANG!!! Rampharmd! You don't even have to pray. You are in. You can go anywhere you want. I am so jealous of you right now. Just don't screw up the interview and you are in. Great job by the way! :)

The interview invite comes in an e-mail and the scheduling part is on Merlin by the status check section.

You thought the houston interview is gonna be long, this one is 7 1/2 hours....:eek:

Just received an invite for an interview.

Just received an invite for an interview.

Congrats Mike! You and me both have been on here a while and have had our stuff in for some time now. Feels good to get another step out of the way!

Got an interview invite!!!! *high-pitched Little Miss Sunshine shriek of bliss*

Are ya'll going on the 6th or 13th?

I'm probably going to the one on the 6th. What about you?

4y2RwP8DcQ+d6rT9ATiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

DANG!!! Rampharmd! You don't even have to pray. You are in. You can go anywhere you want. I am so jealous of you right now. Just don't screw up the interview and you are in. Great job by the way! :)

Thanks!!

congrats to ya'll! I think the 6th is in Amarillo? The 7.5 hrs will go by, they just try to get in all ur paperwork and tell you about stuff. The 13th will be in Abilene where I'm at.

lemme know if yall have any questions, good luck

I saw on the Tech website they're holding interviews on Feb 20/27. If I were to submit my apps before Feb 1st, would they consider me for those early admission interviews?
Thanks!

Early admission deadline was January 7th. If you submitted now then the first regular admission date is March 6th.

yay! i got an interview ya guys!!! im so happy!

I'm really hoping for an early interview. does TECH send out all of the early invites on the same day or will they be sending them throughout this week? *SO ANXIOUS!!*

congrats eggroll!

I'm really hoping for an early interview. does TECH send out all of the early invites on the same day or will they be sending them throughout this week? *SO ANXIOUS!!*

It looks like they are sending invites out throughout the week because it seems that people have gotten invites last thursday and friday too. Good luck to you!

I got an invite a couple of days ago...I am worried how long after the interview will it take for you to know if you got in? Hopefully we won't have to be biting our nails to the end of March.