Texas Interviews 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
#4000 :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Bringing this topic back to its original purpose.

Good luck to all the Texan SDNers still waiting, I hope the three wise men bring you the gift you're expecting this season. ;)

finally, a month and a half of peace. good luck to y'all going through the match, now the tough part is just ranking the schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, anybody going to be at the UT-H pre interview social Jan 4th?

I suggest it. I had an interview on December 1st. Several MS4s showed up at this bar built in an old bank. The conversation was enjoyable, and it was a great opportunity to ask questions in a stress-free environment. :cool:

P.S. Stayed at the La Quinta on Loop 610. Reasonable Price. Dog Friendly.

is anyone else giddy at the thought of all those multiple acceptance spots opening up??? :)

oh and thanks baylormed for reigning the thread back in

Anyone know the grading system for TAMU and Texas Tech?

Also, are there dorms and/or apartments at those schools for medical students?

Do you guys know if we send transcripts to update our Fall 2006 grades to TMDSAS or to the individual schools?

Happy New Year to everyone!!! To all who already have an acceptance, congratulations once again!!!!! And to all who are still waiting, lets hope this new year will bring you the good news soon :)

Anyone know the grading system for TAMU and Texas Tech?

Also, are there dorms and/or apartments at those schools for medical students?

I should know about tamu grading but I don't... oops... But as for living, I would recommend an apartment at tamu. The whole city is based on the university so finding good housing is easy. If you want any specific housing help for TAMU just pm me and I'd be more than happy to help!

Does anyone know when the appropriate time to start all the financial aid crap is? At the TCOM interview they had this boring workshop that I didn't really pay attention to, but I remember hearing Jan 1st as a date to start. Has anyone started thinking about this? I kind of want to wait and see if I even get in before I start the ball rolling on that.

Does UTSW have a social the night before the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview from Baylor for 2/2!!!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic..just when I had lost all hope!!!!!!!!!! I got it at 10:45 am so keep your hopes up ya'll that haven't gotten one yet :)

I just got an interview from Baylor for 2/2!!!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic..just when I had lost all hope!!!!!!!!!! I got it at 10:45 am so keep your hopes up ya'll that haven't gotten one yet :)

Hey alright! :thumbup:

Me too! It is my number 1 choice and figured that I was just waiting on my rejection letter.:D :D :D :D :D

Does UTSW have a social the night before the interview?

I haven't gotten any information about any social. I don't suppose they'd pull out the red carpet for us match interviewers...

I just got an interview with UTHSCSA! I had given up hopes to get in here since they said that they stopped interviewing in mid-December. It will be interesting to see how the match works out.

I just got an interview with UTHSCSA! I had given up hopes to get in here since they said that they stopped interviewing in mid-December. It will be interesting to see how the match works out.
WOW! When is the interview?

I think they have two interview dates in January.

How did you guys find out from UT San ANtononio??? are they sending out letters or e-mail invitations? Thanks for the heads up, and congrats to all who have heard and good luck to those still waiting.

What is the last month that Baylor interviews? And do you think that an interview on Feb. 2 is for the waitlist?

What is the last month that Baylor interviews? And do you think that an interview on Feb. 2 is for the waitlist?

I saw my status page on Baylor's website and it said that Baylor interviewed uptil February..so they are probably going to interview till the end of Feb. would be my guess?
as for the waitlist..i don't know.. I really hope not..!

i am interviewing on feb. 2, and i can assure you _I_ am not interviewing for the waitlist. :D

i am interviewing on feb. 2, and i can assure you _I_ am not interviewing for the waitlist. :D

hi, i have an interview in january, how do i find out whether i'm interviewing for the waitlist or not?

hi, i have an interview in january, how do i find out whether i'm interviewing for the waitlist or not?

i was just joking. i have no idea. i've never heard of interviewing for the waitlist. best of luck!

How did you guys find out from UT San ANtononio??? are they sending out letters or e-mail invitations? Thanks for the heads up, and congrats to all who have heard and good luck to those still waiting.
My acceptance was a snail mail letter. But that was awhile ago, maybe they've switched to email since the match is getting closer? I have no idea.

Thanks JulieRX....they sent me the invite via e-mail. It would be interesting to find out whether I'm interviewing for an actual spot in the match or just a waitlist spot.

I'm guessing you'd be interviewing for a spot in the match. When I interviewed there, they were pretty adamant that no matter when you interviewed, you'd have an equal chance of getting in. Also, they said b/c of the increased numbers of late applicants, they were going to try to interview as many of those late applications as possible, and in doing so, their ideal number of interviewing around 850 applicants might increase to 900 or more. But who really knows what their reasons are... best of luck.

For those interviewing at UTSW tomorrow - Good Luck! :luck:

Anybody have an LMFU change today? Mine changed to 01/05. :cool:

Is there any other school interviewing in texas this january?

What? I guesss that I don't know about their rankings. Elaborate, please. :cool:

For the match, schools rank us as applicants also. Then TMDSAS matches the schools' highest priority applicants with the applicants' highest priority schools. This is similar to how the residency match works also.

just a guess but i wouldn't think they'd rank all of us until jan 15 after they know how many spots they have left to fill.

Deadline for entering match rankings in Feb 1st, correct? My e-mail isn't loading (and the ITS people aren't working today :confused: ), so I can't check it!!

Good luck to everyone interviewing. Remember, keep your cool, act mature and relax!!!

Deadline for entering match rankings in Feb 1st, correct? My e-mail isn't loading (and the ITS people aren't working today :confused: ), so I can't check it!!

Good luck to everyone interviewing. Remember, keep your cool, act mature and relax!!!

Yup, that's the deadline.

Question:
For the schools you didn't get prematch acceptances for... in order to withdraw from them (since you can't choose "accept" or "decline") are you just putting them under your top choice prematch school in the rank? For example, I declined all my prematches but Southwestern (because I want to go there) and San Antonio (because I didn't get a prematch offer and wasn't given the option to decline). Should I just rank:
1: Southwestern
2: San Antonio
which will automatically withdraw me from San Antonio?

Or should San Antonio not even be ranked because I'm already in somewhere and don't want to go there?

Yup, that's the deadline.

Question:
For the schools you didn't get prematch acceptances for... in order to withdraw from them (since you can't choose "accept" or "decline") are you just putting them under your top choice prematch school in the rank? For example, I declined all my prematches but Southwestern (because I want to go there) and San Antonio (because I didn't get a prematch offer and wasn't given the option to decline). Should I just rank:
1: Southwestern
2: San Antonio
which will automatically withdraw me from San Antonio?

Or should San Antonio not even be ranked because I'm already in somewhere and don't want to go there?

rank UTSA #2

http://www.utsystem.edu/TMDSAS/EY07%20MS%20Match%20Procedures%2001-30-06sm.png

you still have to rank all schools that you have not withdrawn from.

I interviewed at UTSW today and loved it. I hope I get accepted. Now the wait till Feb 15th.

I interviewed at UTSW today and loved it. I hope I get accepted. Now the wait till Feb 15th.

Hey Y_Marker I am in the same boat! My interviews went well and the whole day was much more laid back than I expected.

I know most of you guys are worried about the match at this point but if anyone would be so kind as to answer this question:

What is the character/word limit on the TMDSAS aplication for the personal statement? I am applying for 2008 entry and I'm working on my PS right now. I know AMCAS has a 5300 limit, is it the same or different for the texas application?

:luck: to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.