Texas Interviews 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be no more interview/acceptances (aside from Baylor) until Feb 15. That's why the thread is dead.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone hear back from UTSW recently...? :scared:

I heard from a friend who called UTSW that there is still going to be one more round of acceptance...sigh..that should be anytime this week i'm guessing! i'm tired of waiting and waiting....

I heard from a friend who called UTSW that there is still going to be one more round of acceptance...sigh..that should be anytime this week i'm guessing! i'm tired of waiting and waiting....

I hope so, that only leaves them 3 days to send out acceptances!

I hope so, that only leaves them 3 days to send out acceptances!

Yeah... before christmas break (see earlier post on last page) they said they had either made or were making some more pre-match offers.

If that is the case, will you recieve them before the 31st or do they have to just make a decision by then and mail it out whenever... or...?

Hrmmm guess I'm interviewing for the match then...

Does anyone know if UT-Houston is going to give out one more round of pre-match acceptances? I hate to perpetuate the LMFU situation but mine changed to 12/28/06 from 11/19/06 this morning. I have not changed or submitted anything to TMDSAS. I'm hoping this means that I am in!

Mine has been the same for a few weeks... perhaps since the last adcom meeting??

I'm pretty sure UTSW will have to atleast send out an email before/on the 31st!

So lets say you DONT get a pre-match offer. Do you just not get anything in the mail? Do you get a pre-match rejection?

Can you sitll be rejected outright (i.e. not considered for admission, even w/ the match)?

Galveston sends out letters if you didn't get an interview. Not sure of everywhere else...

Any hope left for them handing out more interviews? I'm guessing after this week not :(

Members don't see this ad :)
see, i haven't been getting on SDN because it just makes me jealous of all the people who have gotten in. i don't know about y'all but i figure this year should be my year. i can't think of a single thing on my app that i haven't done right or fixed. shrugs haha.

that and there's not much to do now that there's a set deadline on feb15.

My LMFU just changed to 12/28. Did anyone elses? What does this mean?...

My LMFU changed to 12/28 today also, as did BLUEMIRAGE. That's three of us so far!!!!!! Talk about a buzzer-beater!!!!!!! :cool:

UT-HOUSTON Class of 2011?????????

When did your LMFU change? When was your interview? What time did you receive your e-mail?

My LMFU changed today!!!!!!! I'm hoping that we are in the same boat!?!?!
:cool:

UT-HOUSTON Class of 2011????????

Ellieamee was quoting a 7/7 posting by beadle. :confused:

mine changed to 12/28 too? southwestern? houston? :scared:

I guess the real question is, did anyones LMFU not change today??

Called the AdCom, and Dr. Kellaway answered. I called Tiffany Reyes phone#. Asked about the change and she said my file was still "active". I hope that rules out a rejection! :cool:

UT-HOUSTON Class of 2011???????

See, i haven't been getting on SDN because it just makes me jealous of all the people who have gotten in. i don't know about y'all but i figure this year should be my year. i can't think of a single thing on my app that i haven't done right or fixed. shrugs haha.

that and there's not much to do now that there's a set deadline on feb15.

Dont worry!! :) More ppl than you'd think will be declining their A&M pre-match acceptances, making room in the match!! And this goes for everyone else waiting for a TAMU acceptance.

Called the AdCom, and Dr. Kellaway answered. I called Tiffany Reyes phone#. Asked about the change and she said my file was still "active". I hope that rules out a rejection! :cool:

Did you ask her what "active" means? Did Dr. Kellaway say the same thing?

Not directly, No.

Dr. Kellaway did say, "I hate when they do that". Which was in reference to the TMDSAS changing an applicant's LMFU on the website. Hopefully, she wants to be the bearer of great news!?! :cool:

I only talked with Dr. Kellaway.

just wondering... have you guys submitted your fall grades to TMDSAS or the schools you interviewed at? do we need to submit them by a certain time?

i'm hesitant about submitting my fall grades due to an "F" i received for a class. i skipped a final to interview at texas tech, and my instructor wasn't able to arrange a make-up final until after the winter break, but for some reason gave me an F instead of an Incomplete.

anyways, just wanted to see what other people are doing with regards to updating grades...

Not directly, No.

Dr. Kellaway did say, "I hate when they do that". Which was in reference to the TMDSAS changing an applicant's LMFU on the website. Hopefully, she wants to be the bearer of great news!?! :cool:

is it possible the LMFU change is due to another school, utsw perhaps? UTH gave me the impression that they weren't sending out anymore prematch acceptances since they told us to pay attention to ranking the schools at the interview day & in an email they sent us.

If you interviewed at UTSW, then I would assume it possibly could be? But I only interviewed at UTH, and hopefully our LMFU changes are from the final AdCom meeting of the pre-match. Good Luck with the UTSW match!!!!

I guess the real question is, did anyones LMFU not change today??

Mine didn't change either. Still 12/14 from when I entered my accept/decline. I was sure hoping to hear from UTSW. Oh well. Good luck to everyone! And hold on for the match and trust it! There is no reason to give up yet :luck: :luck: :luck:

I just called both UTSW and A&M admissions office. A&M had their answering machine on (which was on since last week). This lady in the admission office picked up the phone for UTSW and told me that medical school committees have been gone since last week (and they won't be back til Jan 2).
Ergh..I was really hoping I could hear from either schools, but maybe I should just wait till the match huh.
Good luck everyone!! :luck:
We've come so far....

I just talked to Tiffany Reyes at UT-H. She said that pre-match is not over till Dec. 31 (although I doubt they'll work on Saturday and Sunday...). She said if you interveiwed before Dec. 16th you could be accepted today. She could not tell me how many pre-match offers have already been handed out.

As for the stupid LMFU crap. You should hear from the school about an acceptance before the LMFU changes. LMFU can change due to course work updates. Sometimes the LMFU date is updated days after the RCW. Bottom line, the LMFU is stupid and should not be used for predicting future events.

For all UT-H hopefuls, no acceptance email on Jan 1st shouldn't be frowned upon. UT-H stated they fully plan to use the match to fill their class. For all UT-H pre-matchees, I'll give you five bucks if you decline.

That is all

As for the stupid LMFU crap. You should hear from the school about an acceptance before the LMFU changes. LMFU can change due to course work updates. Sometimes the LMFU date is updated days after the RCW. Bottom line, the LMFU is stupid and should not be used for predicting future events.

Should hear, can change, sometimes. Sounds fairly evasive? My RCW didn't change. I'm going with the same pattern that has been displayed over and over on SDN. LMFU change, e-mail of "Congratulations, you're in!". She did say anytime before 12/31. :cool:

For anyone that is holding out for a UT-H interview, I just received an invite this morning for the 5th so there is still hope. FYI, my LMFU is still 120106.

Should hear, can change, sometimes. Sounds fairly evasive? My RCW didn't change. I'm going with the same pattern that has been displayed over and over on SDN. LMFU change, e-mail of "Congratulations, you're in!". She did say anytime before 12/31. :cool:

Think whatever makes you happiest. The truth of the matter is that Tiffany at UT-H said that, at least this late in the interview season, the LMFU should change after an acceptance, not before. Again, this is not to discourage. The match is ALWAYS a possibility. And even after the match, is it really so bad to apply again in May? That's only five months away. I can take one more year to ensure happiness for the rest of my life.

Think whatever makes you happiest. The truth of the matter is that Tiffany at UT-H said that, at least this late in the interview season, the LMFU should change after an acceptance, not before. Again, this is not to discourage. The match is ALWAYS a possibility. And even after the match, is it really so bad to apply again in May? That's only five months away. I can take one more year to ensure happiness for the rest of my life.

Well said. Good luck to you !!! :cool:

last friday evening of 2006 and it looks like i'll have to go through the match :scared: who else is with me!?!?

I'm with you with one school possible...

So no one got an acceptance from TAMU (or know anyone that got an acceptance) last week or this past week??? :confused:

last friday evening of 2006 and it looks like i'll have to go through the match :scared: who else is with me!?!?

I'm in the same boat. At least we don't have to freak every time the word acceptance appears on these threads anymore. My mailman will appreciate it too :D

Good luck!

i'm gonna keep checking SDN & my email compulsively until sunday. for one of my interviews, i got an invite on a saturday...

Heading into the match too with 4 possibles. I called UT-H to ask about grade updates and sending "update letters" before the match since I interviewed in August and Reyes said that they will only accept things through TMDSAS not any LOI's and update letters about new ec's etc. I find that hard to believe.

I know you can update TMDSAS with grades and I've done that but she said you can add new ec's and stuff and i'm not sure how to do that from the check status area.

Heading into the match too with 4 possibles. I called UT-H to ask about grade updates and sending "update letters" before the match since I interviewed in August and Reyes said that they will only accept things through TMDSAS not any LOI's and update letters about new ec's etc. I find that hard to believe.

I know you can update TMDSAS with grades and I've done that but she said you can add new ec's and stuff and i'm not sure how to do that from the check status area.

You don't do your EC's and stuff through the status page. You email [email protected] and let them know EXACTLY what it is that you want updated/erased/corrected. From my past experience, if you don't describe exactly what section you want corrected and exactly what you want it to say, they may/will mess up; so be careful. But they are pretty good about doing it within a few days after you email them.

I'm in the same boat. At least we don't have to freak every time the word acceptance appears on these threads anymore. My mailman will appreciate it too :D

Good luck!

haha yeah i know. now i can stop checkin my snail mail everyday. best of luck to you too!!

and hang in there ppl :luck:

Yay 4000th post on this thread!

Unless someone deletes one of their previous posts and then posts after, then they would be 4000th

Status
Not open for further replies.