Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering, someone had mentioned earlier that they were going to send another round of acceptances out on April 21st, do you know if that is going to for sure happen or just wishful thinking? I don't want to stress, if there is no reason to stress.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd give it a little more time. The 21st is the deadline for deposits. Mail is so slow to get down there that they may have a bunch of checks arrive on Monday.

It seems reasonable for the second batch to go out early this week, but, of course, that is just my opinion.

i called to ask them when they'd be sending acceptance letters out, and they didn't say the 21st. he just said early this week. i think 21st is unlikely too since they'd still be receiving deposits..

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd give it a little more time. The 21st is the deadline for deposits. Mail is so slow to get down there that they may have a bunch of checks arrive on Monday.

I know my check will be arriving there Monday before 3!!! I had to spend 17 bucks to overnight it b/c I was waiting to hear from UT if I was deferred again (which I was :mad:)....

I know my check will be arriving there Monday before 3!!! I had to spend 17 bucks to overnight it b/c I was waiting to hear from UT if I was deferred again (which I was :mad:)....

I did the exact same thing with sending it in for express mail.

Hm, I'm hoping I'm not the only one who sent out their 500 dollar check on the 14th and still haven't had it taken from their account by A&M yet. Anyone else still waiting for them to take your money(heh)?

I emailed them today and got a quick response that they had gotten everything.

Hm, I'm hoping I'm not the only one who sent out their 500 dollar check on the 14th and still haven't had it taken from their account by A&M yet. Anyone else still waiting for them to take your money(heh)?

I'm still waiting.

Like I said before, when I sent my application stuff, I used delivery confirmation on it. It took exactly seven days to get there! Why does a 300 to 400 mile distance take seven days? I get mail from a place in Utah that is 1500 miles away, and it only takes three days.

RobertZimmerman is in Kingsville, so his stuff will get to them a lot quicker.

I'm still waiting.

Like I said before, when I sent my application stuff, I used delivery confirmation on it. It took exactly seven days to get there! Why does a 300 to 400 mile distance take seven days? I get mail from a place in Utah that is 1500 miles away, and it only takes three days.

RobertZimmerman is in Kingsville, so his stuff will get to them a lot quicker.

I may have mentioned this before but our campus mail is awful. That's why even I wanted to double check. Email them...

So, has anyone heard anything about orientation yet? And when are we going to get the next set of information from them?

So, has anyone heard anything about orientation yet? And when are we going to get the next set of information from them?

ive heard nothing. maybe they are waiting to get all the acceptances in before they send out supplemental material? i would really like to know when orientation is!

Members don't see this ad :)
has the new batch of acceptance letters gone out yet? has anyone heard?

Dr. Robertson called me this morning to extend the acceptance offer and said emails will go out today!

Hi, I just talked to Christy, and she informed me that emails will probably go out with in the next few days, they are still in the compiling process. I hope that helps :D

She transferred me to the assistant dean, I wanted to ask him about where I am sitting on the waitlist. I dont want to be continually thinking I may or may not get in. If i am somewhere in the 91-100 maybe i have a chance but if i am sitting in the 200's I should probably just move on from not being accepted.

Hi, I just talked to Christy, and she informed me that emails will probably go out with in the next few days, they are still in the compiling process. I hope that helps :D

She transferred me to the assistant dean, I wanted to ask him about where I am sitting on the waitlist. I dont want to be continually thinking I may or may not get in. If i am somewhere in the 91-100 maybe i have a chance but if i am sitting in the 200's I should probably just move on from not being accepted.

I know what you mean. The waitlist is, in all probability, already arranged in a set order, and all interviewees (who haven't been invited yet) are all on the waitlist. With this in mind, there's a big difference in practicality in being the next 10 in line as opposed to #250. Yet, I doubt that the admissions committee would divulge that information. Their duties and obligations to the pharmacy school is to keep as many promising candidates as possible in play.

As for what we are to do, I think it would be best if you started making preparations for not getting in. If you're still in school, build a schedule for next year. If you're graduating, consider a full time job in research, as a pharmacy technician, or something related to pharmacy. Or, you could take undergraduate courses part time (focusing on either science classes or any pre-pharm classes that weren't an A) while working part time. I would visit job fairs, look at job postings, visit the career center, and keep an eye out for fliers or listings that you could jump into for one year. There's certainly no obligation to commit to a job right now, but I would say it is more prudent and more responsible to have your preparations underway so that if the news you receive is a setback, then you will be in a strong position to be ready for the next admission cycle.

Personally, I am waiting back on some summer research and I have applied for admission into a local university. I won't lie: This wasn't very fun. Each application felt like a reminder of the prospect that I may not get in. But the alternative of having nothing lined up by June/July is much worse because, trust me, I've been there too.

Best of wishes. You're not in this alone.

--Garfield3d

Im graduating (with honors) in 18 days :D. I am still waiting to hear from UIW they dont send their acceptances out until the 1st so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I want to look for a job "if" i get in nowwhere but i dont want to yet, b/c i feel like if i do that means I am accepting that i am not getting in anywhere ya know... Im stubborn

I need one credit hour of art before I can be admitted! I am graduating in just a couple weeks. What should I do?

just take an art course over the summer at a community college if you dont need it to graduate. If you need it to graduate just take it at the school you are at.

I got my letter!

I guess that I am missing something... It seems weird that you are the only person to get a call and a letter.

Were you originally accepted a couple weeks ago, but something went wrong?

I guess that I am missing something... It seems weird that you are the only person to get a call and a letter.

Hey Knick, did you apply to UIW? I've seen you post on there a few times, didn't know if you were just giving moral support, or if you are an applicant there too! Only 9 more days to find out about UIW, thank god the wait has been forever!

Hi Utsatwirler

Did the dean let you know where you are on the waitlist when you called today? I feel the same like you, I wish they would let you know if you the next 10 on the waitlist or you at the end of the list.

Hi Utsatwirler

Did the dean let you know where you are on the waitlist when you called today? I feel the same like you, I wish they would let you know if you the next 10 on the waitlist or you at the end of the list.

He didnt call me back yet. I am sure they are busy, i am thinking he will either call me tomorrow and tell me or not, or he will wait until after they send the 2nd rounders out..

Hey Knick, did you apply to UIW? I've seen you post on there a few times, didn't know if you were just giving moral support, or if you are an applicant there too! Only 9 more days to find out about UIW, thank god the wait has been forever!

I was just trying to give some moral support.

It's good that you guys don't have very long left to wait. Good luck!

I am beginning to think that may be the case... And I have gotten more suspicious now that I notice no one else on here got letters today. Seems like they may have made some mistake. He was really concerned about whether I had taken another offer or not. So has Dr. Robertson not made any other personal calls (they are so nice there, I thought maybe he was just calling down the list or something)?

hey utsatwirler, could you post here if he calls you and tells you how far up the waitlist you are? or if he doesnt? i'd really like to know that as well, all this waiting has been wearing me down. =( they never implied that such info could be known before the whole admission process was over to me..so i thought it was impossible :p

sure i'll let ya'll know if he calls :D

I am noticing since i started using SDN, i spend about as much time on here as i do on my myspace lol

Just wanted to say, no more worrying about the 500 dollar deposit anymore as they've officially taken my money from my bank account. I also owe 1 hour of art/music to A&M and plan on taking a 3 week summer course to get it over with. A small price to pay to get into pharmacy school in my mind.

Oh and congrats to RXpanther! Welcome to the club, hopefully I'll be saying this again to some of you waiting for a letter in the near future.

thanks!!! haha i know i need to stop checking this nonstop :p

its like crack for students.... wait i think that would actually be coffee.

i was looking at last year's academic calendar on the website..and the orientation date for P1s was aug 8-9.

wouldn't it be around the same time for this year then? that sounds logical.

i was looking at last year's academic calendar on the website..and the orientation date for P1s was aug 8-9.

wouldn't it be around the same time for this year then? that sounds logical.

The P1 at the interview told us there were two orientations... the first one is in July? and we talk about financial aid, housing, meet everyone, etc.

In August orientation is more about getting to know people better and starting the crash review course or whatever.

just take an art course over the summer at a community college if you dont need it to graduate. If you need it to graduate just take it at the school you are at.

Ok. I put off graduation until this summer so that I can take a class here. I feel less panicked now.

He didnt call me back yet. I am sure they are busy, i am thinking he will either call me tomorrow and tell me or not, or he will wait until after they send the 2nd rounders out..
Hi Utsat

did the dean call you back yet?

its thursday, I guess people are either just not posting that they got an email, or they haven't sent them yet, Im just giving up :(

i just called them right now..they said they had "barely" started compiling the list. he said he'll try to get it by the end of the week....but who knows. it might go over to next week :p

No the dean did not call me back :( im thinking its most likely because they are busy with making the list for the second rounders.

hmm how likely is it that the dean will actually call you back? it seems like leaving a message doesn't convey the urgency to people these days. i usually have to call them back couple of times to get back to people

I got in!!!! :hardy:

Thank You everyone for your moral support. Thanks to Zimmerman and Knickerbocker for keeping my hopes alive.

I honestly felt crush when I wasnt in the first round of acceptances so I actually started planning my future education and on moving on. However, I guess some good things may happen to you if you remove it from your conciousness. (if that made any sense? lol)

I got the call from Dean Roberson 30 minutes ago.

Good Luck guys!!!!

Don't give up hope!!!!!

kingbobo, so you were waitlisted and got in? did you get an email? does everyone get personal calls from the dean?

I received a phone call from Dr. Robertson at about 5PM. I actually missed his phone call by about 10 minutes, and he left a message for me to call him back on Monday since he would be out of his office on Friday. It took me two phone calls to reach him. After a brief introduction (and an aside as to if I were nervous), he asked over the phone if I would verbally commit to the pharmacy program. He said that I should be receiving a DHL package along with an e-mail tomorrow.

As of right now, I have not received an e-mail, so it may be that they are doing a new thing where they call the next round for a verbal commitment before sending out the information.

For those candidates that he called but could not reach today, he will be out of the office on Friday but back on Monday. I assume that Monday would be the day to call and ask for those who have not received a phone call (or perhaps an e-mail alone?) by then.

Among other things, he mentioned that I should not be worried about the financial aid information if we haven't already started on it. We should receive information in roughly 3 weeks for that via mail (or I assume mail).

Lastly, he says that for the newest round of acceptances, we should have our information received by the college by Monday, May 5.

--Garfield3d

Congratulations King and Garfield,

It seems smart to call and ask for a verbal commitment to me. This way they can avoid the offer, 2 weeks, offer, 2 weeks, cycle. By targeting accepting only those in line who aren't already going somewhere else they can avoid a lot of wasteful time and process.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13591670457

Well i guess i didn't make the second round either................im sure they are probably done with second round acceptances so I think I am just going to give up on TAMUK.

Congrats to you two that got in :D.