Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just called in to ask my ranking in the waitlist. Sam said only the Dean has the ranking, and he will not disclose that information. From past experience, there will be about 1/3 of people declined their acceptances, so there will be about 30 seats open for people in the waitlist. There is nothing we can do right now, just wait. KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED.

Did they say anything to you about when they would send out more invites? I would assume in about two weeks (all the people that just got invited have to reply by then, i believe(?)).

Members don't see this ad.

Did they say anything to you about when they would send out more invites? I would assume in about two weeks (all the people that just got invited have to reply by then, i believe(?)).

He did not say an exact time, he said we normally find out by May.

i think im just goin to get ready to move on with life.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called in to ask my ranking in the waitlist. Sam said only the Dean has the ranking, and he will not disclose that information. From past experience, there will be about 1/3 of people declined their acceptances, so there will be about 30 seats open for people in the waitlist. There is nothing we can do right now, just wait. KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED.

1/3 of the accepted decline?!?! are you serious?! WOW thats pretty a huge number of people!! Good for those who haven't gotten accepted yet though!!

Anyhow, my gpa was on the very low side at 3.1 and my pcat was an 84 so don't think people with near perfect gpa's and pcat scores are the only ones who got in. i had alot of tech experience and i shadowed in 3 diff areas of pharmacy (which they actually didnt know about since they don't require a PS) and i was president of an organization for 2 years while maintaining TONS of volunteer experience. oh yea..and my interview was AMAZING. and im a pretty good writer.:D haha the only aspect of my application i figured would be my downfall was my GPA. but obviously..they saw past it! TAMHSCILRCOP is the BEST!!!:love:

same here, i need to get ready for my next interview.

well, people posted their stat here is either close to perfect GPA, or perfect PCAT, or both. There are a lot more people who don't have this kind of grade get in.

I would be one of them, 3.2 GPA, 80 PCAT, about 1 and a 1/2 years of tech experience. Btw, quick hello and congrats to all of you.

The average last year was a 3.3 GPA and a 79 PCAT. Since that is average, people with a lower GPA and/or PCAT than that got into the program. Don't give up hope just yet - a decent size chunk of acceptances will be coming sometime in the near future.

:( im waiting waiting waiting.. i wanna join you guys and gals @ A&M!!!! i have a 3.5 gpa and 86 pcat.... i wasnt a tech but i did volunteer for over 4 years!!! :confused:

So Parclesian's and my troll friend has now resorted to issuing threats via PM.

threats? seriously? cmon guys. lol

thats kiddy stuff and pretty immature. yes, im calling out the troller. lol

i would expect it from high schoolers but from students in grad school? lol

shame on you

I'm IN!!!!!!!! :):love::hardy: I just got my DHL letter about 30 minutes ago. I was so worried as to why I didn't get an email last night. So I went back to my inbox and bulk to check again, turns out there was an email after all. I am so dumb. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, congrats to all. I am so excited. All this waiting was driving me nuts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm IN!!!!!!!! :):love::hardy: I just got my DHL letter about 30 minutes ago. I was so worried as to why I didn't get an email last night. So I went back to my inbox and bulk to check again, turns out there was an email after all. I am so dumb. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, congrats to all. I am so excited. All this waiting was driving me nuts.

Will you be sticking with A&M or do you have other options?

I'm proud of Knick and RobZ and everyone else who made it. You all truly deserved it!!! I'm so happy for all of you and wish you all the best in the future. Despite not going to the same school... we will always have SDN :) Hopefully our paths will cross in the future

just like they said the DHL letter came in the mail today!!

its like its official now!:laugh:

CONGRATS!!!
CONGRATS!!!
CONGRATS!!!
CONGRATS!!!
CONGRATS!!!

Now i hope im at the top of the waiting list somewhere and get in too!!!!!!!!

some news for you guys, I have a friend who is not a member here, and she did get into A&M, and will decline. So that will open up one more seat for someone. Good Luck!!

okay so the count is now 7 that we know of. keep hope alive guys!!! you still have a chance to get into this awesome institution :)

Does anyone have an estimate for what a year's tuition will cost?

:( im waiting waiting waiting.. i wanna join you guys and gals @ A&M!!!! i have a 3.5 gpa and 86 pcat.... i wasnt a tech but i did volunteer for over 4 years!!! :confused:

Just curious..when did u get all ur applications and supplements completed by?

Will you be sticking with A&M or do you have other options?

I am wait listed at UH, and I haven't heard anything from TT yet. So far, A & M and UH are my top choices. I am hoping that I will also get accepted to UH. But A & M is such a great school, I don't know which one I would go to if I also get accepted to UH.

Hi
Congrats to Class of 2012! Does anyone know if A&M mailed out all 90 acceptances or just 70 for now? Thanks

Hi
Congrats to Class of 2012! Does anyone know if A&M mailed out all 90 acceptances or just 70 for now? Thanks

Why would they only send out 70?

I'm pretty sure they sent out 90.

Why would they only send out 70?

I'm pretty sure they sent out 90.

They must have been in the same group that I was - we were told 70. I was given the impression that they'd send 70 out at first and then the other 20 plus the reopened spots some time later.

They must have been in the same group that I was - we were told 70. I was given the impression that they'd send 70 out at first and then the other 20 plus the reopened spots some time later.

maybe then... who knows

Yeah, they told us the same thing... so the class is definitely not full yet.

yea seriously..how much IS tuition here? there isn't a link on the website...
not that i care...im going no matter what! but it'd be nice to have an idea.

maybe they wait to surprise us with the numbers after we send in confirmation that we will be attending the school?

From the American Association Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) website, they list the cost at Texas A&M in 07-08 to be 7560 for in-state tuition, 3836 for mandatory fees, for a grand total of 11,396. Out of state tuition by itself is 37,260!!

Here's the direct link to the pdf file http://www.aacp.org/Docs/MainNavigation/InstitutionalData/6860_Tab11PSAR.pdf

Thanks for the info. Hmm... That just leaves books and professional attire for school expenses.

On another thought, I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the hot, humid months while wearing a tie.

so where is the facebook group?

I want to see the facebook group too!

Cool, my avatar is the group image. If anyone wants the original image that I found, here it is:

pharmacy-floor-seal.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize that the logo was from the throwback Texas A&M - Kingsville days

I am just worried because I think I saw that UT had a deadline of April 1st (and they are still interviewing people).

That's the financial aid priority deadline. Realistically, you're probably just going to get loans, which don't really have a deadline.
If you want, submit it to all of the schools you're still active at and if you don't get in/don't go there the fin aid people just ignore it.

Just curious..when did u get all ur applications and supplements completed by?

Hello, to be honest I did not get mine in until about 2 wks before the deadline. I was really stressed and was applying to 15 different schools so i got A&M's deadline mixed up with another school's.

That's the financial aid priority deadline. Realistically, you're probably just going to get loans, which don't really have a deadline.
If you want, submit it to all of the schools you're still active at and if you don't get in/don't go there the fin aid people just ignore it.

Wow I've been out of school so long I forgot about the FAFSA!!! Yikes! Well, let's jus ttake it one step at a time.. I hope I get accepted soon!!!

Hmm... I should join the Facebook group at some point. I know that I shouldn't, but it's so tempting to use a picture of Brian Peppers for my profile.

btw... dr. robertson told my group that 90 letters went out.. i called agaiin today and was told the number was 90...next round of letters should go out april 21st! keep your hopes up!!! :D

btw... dr. robertson told my group that 90 letters went out.. i called agaiin today and was told the number was 90...next round of letters should go out april 21st! keep your hopes up!!! :D

April 21st is also the last day to respond/accept/cough up half a grand for those already accepted... coincidence? I think not.

I've just been too lazy to do it. Also, I don't use Facebook.