Texas A&M HSC College of Medicine Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have an opinion of which student loan lenders are better than others at a&m?

Members don't see this ad.

Most of them are similar to each other. With the downturn in the economy, most lenders have reduced the perks and incentives to get you to go with them. Nearly all of the "recommended" lenders on the TG list have a 1% origination fee and a 1% default fee. They will give you a 0.25% reduction in your rate upon repayment if you do automatic debit. The lender I went with is Discover, which has the 0.25% reduction along with 0% default and origination fees.

:scared:i feel you aggiesean, im already a quarter through Lippincott's Biochem

:laugh:

If you are really trying to get ahead, don't use Lippincott. They don't test from this book. It's very basic and good for reading the night before a test. The level of detail you should know is in Marks. Focus on genetics for the first couple tests.

And for everyone else, PLEASE don't do this. Enjoy yourself the last couple weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
So did I make a mistake in not signing up for the challenge course thingy?

So did I make a mistake in not signing up for the challenge course thingy?

My M2 buddy said that it was only ok, though. Last year they had to do it inside because of rain. It is about the only interaction she had all year with the CS people. Since it is not broken up into the Temple class and the CS class, it is not as good in the "team building" aspect, so don't sweat it.

I've heard people (including doctors) say it is a great thing to do in general. I did not sign up, either, but only because my daughter is leaving for Guatemala the next morning, and I needed to be in San Antonio for a day before she goes. It was just too much driving otherwise! I'll be at the dean's dinner, though!

5 days of freedom left...hope y'all have already read through Netters, Marks Biochem, and have lifted a copy of last years notes. I know I have...:rolleyes:

Holler Baller people! Orientation starts tomorrow! Giggity giggity giggity!

Bumping an old thread, but for those of you at TAMHSC: is it true that A&M tends to fill the majority of its class via prematch offers, and are they one of the schools that tend to send them out right on 11/15 (or 11/17, as the 15th is a Saturday this year)? What about subsequent batches through December 31?

Bumping an old thread, but for those of you at TAMHSC: is it true that A&M tends to fill the majority of its class via prematch offers, and are they one of the schools that tend to send them out right on 11/15 (or 11/17, as the 15th is a Saturday this year)? What about subsequent batches through December 31?

A good number (200ish) are sent out prematch (11/15-12/31) but its proportional to the number interviewed. More offers are made than spots in the class, but there will still be a proportional number of offers (100ish) after the match. The rate of attrition is pretty well understood after 2 years of making offers. All that being said, you are never ruled out from an acceptance no matter when you interviewed, and all interview dates are considered the same. Try not think about the logistics too much, but trust me when I say the chances of getting an offer are always the same.

Hey, I'm an OOS applicant to A&M, I interviewed Sept. 11. I was wondering if there are any OOs people on here that could tell me when you guys found out that you were accepted last year. All I know is it can be anytime after the 15th of October. Any help? Thanks!

Hey, I'm an OOS applicant to A&M, I interviewed Sept. 11. I was wondering if there are any OOs people on here that could tell me when you guys found out that you were accepted last year. All I know is it can be anytime after the 15th of October. Any help? Thanks!

Kind of curious myself, even as an in-stater.

Good luck, bud.

And having (re)read much of this thread, I've got to say that I'm really hopeful for one of those few hundred prematch offers we're expecting to see go out on 11/15. Mullie, is conventional wisdom still that the adcom meets on Friday to discuss - but not firmly decide on - the previous day's interviewees?

Interesting position to be in, less than a month away from prematching and having no idea whether I'll make it in the door.

Oh, to be in CS with you folks.

Mullie, is conventional wisdom still that the adcom meets on Friday to discuss - but not firmly decide on - the previous day's interviewees?

This is correct.