Texas A&M C/O 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Am by I the only one who didn’t particularly care for the format?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, it was my first interview ever and I don't know how to feel about it. :oops: Just hoping I did okay and glad they did some kind of interview this year. Also very relieved it's done and I can try to relax for some holidays!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else's interview status on the portal say "No" even though the interview was completed? Thank you!

Does anyone else's interview status on the portal say "No" even though the interview was completed? Thank you!
Mine also says that. I wouldn’t stress as long as you got the email that it was completed!

The portal was very glitchy and unreliable last cycle. I honestly wouldn’t even bother looking at it, they never posted anything there for us even after acceptance, my screen never changed.

does anyone know what time we should be in college station for the tours next Friday or who to email to ask? They said they'd give more info for Friday but I haven't heard beyond that.

does anyone know what time we should be in college station for the tours next Friday or who to email to ask? They said they'd give more info for Friday but I haven't heard beyond that.
I’m not sure either. I’m thinking they’ll send an email on Monday with all the info! Also do we need to dress in business casual attire?

I’m not sure either. I’m thinking they’ll send an email on Monday with all the info! Also do we need to dress in business casual attire?
I would say for the tour go with what high school teachers would wear on a more casual day. I'm gonna wear some black converse though because we'll do a lot of walking. I'll go for more business casual (with emphasis on business) for Saturday because we'll be meeting important people in the program I think. thoughts?

Even those of us students who are assisting with visitation day don't have a final schedule just yet, but I do have some tentative information for Saturday. I'm not sure if it'll be helpful or not (and I've not been told that it's "official" yet, so take what I say with a grain of salt!).

All that's currently listed for Friday is tours of the main campus. Personally, I'd be pretty casual for those unless that part of the schedule changes. Right now, Friday is supposed to be kind of chilly (though it's Texas, that could change in a week), main campus is really big with some walkways that can be rocky or uneven, and drizzle and/or rain are pretty common here. If you decide to do a main campus tour, you definitely want comfortable shoes. You can always change shoes/clothes/whatever if they add other events to the schedule for Friday that I just don't know about yet.

Saturday has "check-in and socialization" in the morning, followed by tours of the vet school complex and teaching hospital and a few info sessions. Then there's a lunch with the student ambassador group that's assisting with visitation day, and in the afternoon there are supposed to be Q&A sessions with faculty and with some current students. Unless you're told otherwise (or unless I hear otherwise, in which case I'll let everyone know), I would assume business casual with comfortable shoes would be entirely appropriate. When I participated in interview weekend a couple of years ago, we did basically these same activities, and everything except for the actual interview was casual. For what it's worth, I recall people who toured the complex and teaching hospital in t-shirts who were accepted, and people who had great shoes and sore feet who were not, so "presentable but not miserable" should be a perfectly reasonable standard.

I hope that at least takes some pressure off? I'm definitely looking forward to meeting everyone!

I saw that tamu recently released a statement asking all faculty and staff (except essential workers) to work from home this week. I haven't gotten an email about how this could affect our campus visit this weekend. Has anyone gotten any info on this?

I saw that tamu recently released a statement asking all faculty and staff (except essential workers) to work from home this week. I haven't gotten an email about how this could affect our campus visit this weekend. Has anyone gotten any info on this?
I saw this, too. Current students have a school event Wednesday-Friday this week and we haven't heard anything about how this could affect that, either. I believe the request just came out, though, so I doubt anyone will get any info before tomorrow afternoon-ish. I'm sure they're having to scramble now.

Just got the email that it’s been postponed. Such a bummer but also totally understandable. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if TAMU requesting transcripts is a good sign or just standard for all interview invitees?

Does everyone get the
Anyone know if TAMU requesting transcripts is a good sign or just standard for all interview invitees?
I was trying to figure this out based on their website too. I think they have to verify it before sending out official acceptances, but I don’t know if they ask everyone or just people they want in their class. :/

I'm wondering the same thing... It's from TMDAS itself so not sure if it's just how TMDAS works or has anything to do with TAMU....
I wish they would tell us before March because they don't leave us a lot of time for decisions :/

I'm wondering the same thing... It's from TMDAS itself so not sure if it's just how TMDAS works or has anything to do with TAMU....
I wish they would tell us before March because they don't leave us a lot of time for decisions :/
I’m going to assume they send it to everyone to avoid getting my hopes up (too late lol)

On their website it says that they recalculate GPAs for students that took classes in the Fall and will be a determining factor in acceptances

Reactions: 3 users
GPA scores are recomputed to include fall semester grades, the total score is obtained, and acceptance letters are emailed. An alternate list is generated and applicants on the alternate list will be offered a spot in the class as original offers of admission are declined. Up to 10% of the total number of students in the class will be non-Texas residents.
On their website it says that they recalculate GPAs for students that took classes in the Fall and will be a determining factor in acceptances
The positive news is that they're in the final step of the review process, so we should know over the next few weeks.

GPA scores are recomputed to include fall semester grades, the total score is obtained, and acceptance letters are emailed. An alternate list is generated and applicants on the alternate list will be offered a spot in the class as original offers of admission are declined. Up to 10% of the total number of students in the class will be non-Texas residents.

The positive news is that they're in the final step of the review process, so we should know over the next few weeks.
According to the TMDSAS email, all veterinary school applicants who have been interviewed will be asked to submit their transcripts.

Reactions: 2 users
I got the email today and I was rejected back in November so I think it doesn't mean anything!

I thought we weren't supposed to hear until March? How do you know this? Just curious

I think they are requesting them now in hopes to get everyone’s by a certain date. I know the email requesting them mentioned that transcripts should be postmarked within 30 days.

I thought we weren't supposed to hear until March? How do you know this? Just curious
Looking at the thread for last year's class, it appeared that the majority of people found out on 21 January. So I'm assuming that the schedule will remain relatively the same for this year, give or take a couple of weeks due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g., reduced services and the "visitation day" being canceled). But yes, the school has UNTIL sometime in March to notify people. Whether or not they choose to use all of that time to make decisions, we'll just have to wait and see...

They were notified in January because they didn’t do interviews last year. Previous years they have always heard back in March.

They were notified in January because they didn’t do interviews last year. Previous years they have always heard back in March.
They also said in the video at the end of our interview that it would be early March!

Looking at the thread for last year's class, it appeared that the majority of people found out on 21 January. So I'm assuming that the schedule will remain relatively the same for this year, give or take a couple of weeks due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g., reduced services and the "visitation day" being canceled). But yes, the school has UNTIL sometime in March to notify people. Whether or not they choose to use all of that time to make decisions, we'll just have to wait and see...
c/o 2019 and 2020 heard back Feb 18th
c/o 2021 Feb 27th
c/o 2022 Feb 22nd
c/o 2023 Feb 25th
Not to add more confusion to the question, but it looks like it varies over the years. There was a rumor that the date of notification would align with the class start date, but as you can see, that was proven false.
A serious question is if they do wait until March, then how do we file our information for scholarships with enough time to make an acceptance decision by April, based on what we're able to receive (if anything)? I know certain schools like Cornell will provide scholarship and financial aid decisions by mid March, so future students can make financial based decisions before the April acceptance deadline. Does anyone know how it was done in the year(s) where decisions were made in March for A&M? I'm sure there's an answer, I just don't remember seeing anything on the website or during the interviews. @ladybug21 , do you have any experience with this?

Just FYI... my application cycle was the last one to have "regular" interviews, and we received our decisions on February 14.

That said, it sounds like our fall transcripts were due a bit earlier than the current group's, so I don't know if that will slow things down or not. I'd assume you'll all know something by spring break, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's earlier than that.

Has anyone received any more information about when we may hear back?
Funny that this gets asked today. Dr. Cornell who I’m sure has emailed y’all quite frequently did a lecture for us today and this came up, she laughed when we tried to get an answer out of her. So as a current student I have no idea. Sounds like they are still working through the interviews.

Funny that this gets asked today. Dr. Cornell who I’m sure has emailed y’all quite frequently did a lecture for us today and this came up, she laughed when we tried to get an answer out of her. So as a current student I have no idea. Sounds like they are still working through the interviews.
Lol yes she has emailed us! Thats funny, but thanks for trying to get us an answer. Guess we have to wait a few more weeks.

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email that TMDSAS received your transcripts? I sent mine through the mail on 1/12 and still haven't heard anything. I know it takes up to 21 days to receive and process them but I'm starting to worry and my status page on their website still says they're not required at this time

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email that TMDSAS received your transcripts? I sent mine through the mail on 1/12 and still haven't heard anything. I know it takes up to 21 days to receive and process them but I'm starting to worry and my status page on their website still says they're not required at this time
Same here. I emailed them but haven’t heard back yet.

I also have not gotten any confirmation about my transcripts being received. :/

From TMDSAS:

Please disregard this message on your application status page. If TMDSAS sent a request for transcripts, you can send them in. Once “received” by our team, your transcripts will go into a queue for processing. Remember, mailed transcripts can take 21 business days to be received and processed. Electronic transcripts can take 7-10 business days to be processed. However, keep in mind processing times are longer than usual right now. We will be sure to email you once they have been uploaded into your application.

Looks like it’s closer to March for decisions.

From TMDSAS:

Please disregard this message on your application status page. If TMDSAS sent a request for transcripts, you can send them in. Once “received” by our team, your transcripts will go into a queue for processing. Remember, mailed transcripts can take 21 business days to be received and processed. Electronic transcripts can take 7-10 business days to be processed. However, keep in mind processing times are longer than usual right now. We will be sure to email you once they have been uploaded into your application.

Looks like it’s closer to March for decisions.
Thanks for the update! The wait continues 🙃

I did not apply this cycle but am thinking about applying next cycle (c/o 2027). I was wondering how many oos seats there are? Thanks for the help, I tried looking online and couldn't find anything except that the class of 2025 was 180 students!

I did not apply this cycle but am thinking about applying next cycle (c/o 2027). I was wondering how many oos seats there are? Thanks for the help, I tried looking online and couldn't find anything except that the class of 2025 was 180 students!
It's supposed to be right around 10% of admissions are from out of state. Admissions Statistics

Anyone with history of luck with IS waitlist? My hopes are not high but wanted to see.

IS rejected but will be accepting my seat at kstate! Congratulations to everyone accepted you earned it!

OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!! So honored!! Will be accepting if my IS waitlists or denies me! Even if my IS accepts me though, I am still seriously considering TAMU! More exotics opportunities.

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if tamu sends us anything in the mail after being accepted?