Technically...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopelessMS

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The chief nursing director's signature line at my hospital is Dr. XXXXX DNP, RN, CENP, CPHQ, FACHE

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
1705081508875.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)

:unsure: Sure about that?

Reactions: 1 user

:unsure: Sure about that?
What does this have to do with alphabet soup in an email signature? Clearly you have an axe to grind with this topic but what productivity are you expecting to come of this?

Reactions: 1 users
Well, in this person's defense, they did do additional training for all those acronyms, such there are actually very, VERY few people who hold that position with those exact credentials.

Please keep that in mind as you continue this discussion.

Not the alphabet soup. It's the "Dr."

My state med association is also against it.

My state med association is also against it.
This generally applies only in a clinical setting. While it's more than a little pretentious to refer to oneself in the third person by Dr. so and so (credential) in any setting, it would also be very low on the list of things I care about on a day to day basis.

My state is currently losing the independent practice battle (in which I'm involved), but it is what it is. We still owe our coworkers respect, even the ones who disagree with our political views.

Ya know, a drop of honey or something. But your post did make me laugh

These are the threads where I always like to mention my secret plan to one day get an online masters degree in forestry, all so my badge and email sig can officially read:

Operaman, MD, BAMF

Yes, I will white out the comma between the bachelors and masters degrees.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users