Medical technician degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zain555

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I'm a medical graduate from a foreign country, I'm looking for an associate degree in the US to become a medical technician of some sort, what are some good options for me? And what are the requirements to get it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone

I'm a medical graduate from a foreign country, I'm looking for an associate degree in the US to become a medical technician of some sort, what are some good options for me? And what are the requirements to get it?
This forum's for U.S. medical students. While there's a few looking to leave medicine no one here really gets into the weeds of what you need to do to become a medical technician. I would try googling technician jobs you're interested in and calling places to ask for what kind of candidates/qualifications people are looking for.

There are quite a few community colleges out there offering Associate's Degrees in Emergency Medical Services these days. I believe you get the degree as part of paramedic training.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are interested in becoming a Medical Technologist, look at the website of the ASCP (American society for Clinical Pathology) for the requirements. ,