TCD terms and vacation times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eg77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been thinking about vacations and when each term ends. I checked out http://www.tcd.ie/ISA/int/intstudyingintcd.html#termdates, and noticed that there are 2 opportunities to come home and visit. I was wondering, are those dates pretty accurate? It says that from Dec 14th - Jan 7th and from Mar 14th - Mar 31st there are breaks. Are there exams between each term or is there just one period of exams at the end of the 3rd Trinity term? Either way, do listed dates include exams?

I'm just trying to organize my flight home and wanted to understand how the system works.

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I'd wait until you get here to book flights. The curriculum keeps changing and medics don't follow the normal yearly timetable. I think this year's first years did have exams during the easter hols (ie. March). It is kind of hard to plan flights. The December one might be ok after Dec 14th. Again, I'd hold off until you got your 1st yr. medicine timetable when you come in Sept/October.

Honestly, I'd wait until you get here to book flights. The curriculum keeps changing and medics don't follow the normal yearly timetable. I think this year's first years did have exams during the easter hols (ie. March). It is kind of hard to plan flights. The December one might be ok after Dec 14th. Again, I'd hold off until you got your 1st yr. medicine timetable when you come in Sept/October.

Alright...that sounds good. Thanks Leorl :)